Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I purchased my Pre last night - goodbye BlackBerry 8830!

Now, it is obvious that there are numerous threads that cover this topic, however people seem to bicker about which screen protector is best. Let me preface this by saying I purchased an Invisible Shield from Best Buy for my 8830, and it was junk. It had the "orange peel" effect.

I have an iPod Touch, and I use the Power Support Anti Glare Film on it. It is amazing! It adheres to the iPod by using static cling. No water. No bubbles.

Which screen protector for the Pre is most similar to this? I do not want to use water or any other solution to apply a screen protector to my Pre.

Additionally, please do not cite any other threads in your response. I've read all of them, and none have provided me with the answer I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Great 1st post. I have had the same question. I purchased a BSE a month ago and Im ready to rip it off. I went ahead and ordered a seidio USG because I was told that would be comparable to power supports. I should have it by friday, so we'll see..
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Good to know, and thanks for contributing to my post! I don't particularly care how much the protector costs, I just want it to work well and be hassle free. The Power Support Anti Glare film is all of the above and more. I looked on the company's website, and unfortunately they only produce products for the iPhone/iPod Touch (among other Apple products).

Keep me updated!
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    No problem. But you are right, the skins are junk and will eventually have the orange peel affect. The power support for iphone/ipod is incredible and the price is great too! I remember purchasing the 2pack from apple for $20 and was just amazed how great it looked and felt. When I switched to the PRE I was hoping to find the same type but Im guessing since the phone is too new, someone has yet to make such a screen guard. Im really crossing my fingers that the Seidio USG will be what Im looking for, but either way, I'll let ya know.
    Last edited by fraz; 07/22/2009 at 10:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I'm curious to find out what you think. I'm also hoping that some other people will weigh in on this discussion as well.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I have installed the UltraClear Brando screen protector ($10 + $3 s/h) on my Pre. It is not an anti-glare protector, but Brando does sell anti-glare ones ($9 + $3 s/h) for the Pre.

shop.brando.com.hk

I have tried their anti-glare screen protector on my old Palm V and it worked great, but I didn't like the slight reduction in clarity. I liked the UltraClear protectors because they were crystal clear and it did not reduce the clarity of the screen.

The installation is similar to the Power Support protector that I installed on my wife's iPhone. No water, just a slightly sticky side to the screen surface. The protector can be removed, cleaned and reinstalled in order to remove bubbles and/or dust if desired (use a piece of tape to lift the protector off the screen, don't try to pick at the edges).

The only downside is the delivery time: 1 week from HK. Other than that I have no complaints.
    Boxwave looks like it is the closest match to what you are looking for. There are no bubbles and easy to put on. I have one on my Pre now. They make both anti Glare and Crystal clear. I like crystal clear a little better because it doesn't take away anything from the screen.

Here are the links to both antiglare and Crystal.

ClearTouch Anti-Glare

Pre Screen Protector / Palm Pre Screen Protector / Pre Screen Cover / Palm Pre Screen Cover / Pre Screen Film - ClearTouch Anti-Glare

ClearTouch Crystal

Pre Screen Protector / Palm Pre Screen Protector / Pre Screen Cover / Palm Pre Screen Cover / Pre Screen Film - ClearTouch Crystal
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    After compiling a fair amount of research, I've learned that none of the major brands (Zagg, Phantom Skinz, etc) offer a product that doesn't require you to use water and magic to apply the skin correctly.

I was watching a review on youtube of the Seidio Innocase Surface and discovered a screen protector that is similar in appearance to the aforementioned Power Support film. The are produced by a company called Forever Fitters. When they arrive, I will review them and let everyone know how they perform!
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    @dfine

I ordered usg from seidio but after seeing these Boxwave protectord I think I might go for them. I've seen many comaints about the fit of the USG. Thanks for the recomendation.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    So after receiving my Ultimate Screen guard from seidio, I wanted to report back and say this is NOT the product you are looking for. The one I received is not made correctly as the cut of the guard is not correct and it doesnt even cover the entire screen. Im going to do some research on the boxwave and if it fits with the innocase, I'll go with that one.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    So after receiving my Ultimate Screen guard from seidio, I wanted to report back and say this is NOT the product you are looking for. The one I received is not made correctly as the cut of the guard is not correct and it doesnt even cover the entire screen. Im going to do some research on the boxwave and if it fits with the innocase, I'll go with that one.
    Yea I was not happy either with my experience using the USG. In my case it had a defect right in the middle of the screen that resembled a little "kink" that I could actually feel with my nail. Took it right off. Friday I recieved the 3pack of the clear boxwave guards. I'll probably try to put it on today and I'll report back with my findings.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Yea I was not happy either with my experience using the USG. In my case it had a defect right in the middle of the screen that resembled a little "kink" that I could actually feel with my nail. Took it right off. Friday I recieved the 3pack of the clear boxwave guards. I'll probably try to put it on today and I'll report back with my findings.
    Have you contacted seidio regarding the flaw. and if so, have they done anything in your favor? Do you happen to have an innocase as well? Im anxious to hear how the boxwave does with the case. Thanks!
    Have you contacted seidio regarding the flaw. and if so, have they done anything in your favor? Do you happen to have an innocase as well? Im anxious to hear how the boxwave does with the case. Thanks!
    I have the Innocase and Boxwave. There are no problems with the fit of the boxwave under the Innocase.

The boxwave doesn't go under the Innocase. After snapping on the top part of the innocase, the boxwave, all the way around the screen, is just a little outside the reaches of the case. The Innocase doesn't touch the protector.
    They might exchange it but other than that I've seen their customer service skills are on the weak side (I have more to say but am being political atm, because I am in the middle of an innocase exchange).
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    They might exchange it but other than that I've seen their customer service skills are on the weak side (I have more to say but am being political atm, because I am in the middle of an innocase exchange).
    Good to know. I just sent a PM about my USG, lets see what happens.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    As an update, I am also ordering the front film from Ghost Armor. I have no desire to ever use a case because I am hoping that the Touchstone back will provide ennough grip, and it is hard enough for me to type on the top row without a case making it more difficult.

From personal experience, the Zagg Invisible Shield is junk. Phantom Skinz, BodyGuardz, etc. are all a hassle. Therefore, I refuse to purchase any of their products. Ghost Armor doesn't appear to be hassle-free, however the end result looks great. I searched Google and found someone who tested a Ghost Armor skin on their HTC Touch Pro, and the end result was fantastic. We'll see if I feel the same way!
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Actually after a review I wrote they contacted me. After several emails and pictures I had to take for their "engineers" to review I got...nothing. I just installed the boxwave and it works perfect with the innocase. I actually wrote a review of it here http://m.forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?t=194766&page=2
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Actually after a review I wrote they contacted me. After several emails and pictures I had to take for their "engineers" to review I got...nothing. I just installed the boxwave and it works perfect with the innocase. I actually wrote a review of it here http://m.forums.precentral.net/showt...=194766&page=2
    Wow that actually scares me, because the PM I received back states that "the engineers are going to look into this and get back with me". I will have my review of the USG and Innocase up by tomorrow and as of right now I am very unhappy with the Ultimate Screen Guard.
    Try Accessorygeeks.com Their screen protector works great and covers the screen just like the USG but actually is cut to the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by cportillo210 View Post
    Try Accessorygeeks.com Their screen protector works great and covers the screen just like the USG but actually is cut to the pre.
    Not sure I have much faith in a company selling "palm pre" memory cards
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast