Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have had problems with phantom skinz, both that I have installed really diminished the screen clarity. Ive got these horizontal rainbow effects on my phone. The stock screen protector that came with my last phone, the htc fuze, did not have this problem.

So I was just getting opinions from you guys on the screen clarity of other screen protectors. Will all "shields" have this rainbow effect problem?

Thanks for the help guys!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    BodyGuardz!
    Invisible shield. I love it. I've tried too many to name. And hard covers suck. Why cover up the beauty of the pre? Go with invisible shield
    invisible shields stink. ghost-armors are the best way to go
    Either Phantom Skinz or BodyGuardz
    I second Phantom Skinz, first time I have ever used/applied a screen protector and it looks pretty darn good. It also feels great. I think it was 10 dollars for 2 screen only protectors and then maybe 20 - 25 for 2 full body kits.
  7.    #7  
    so does ghost armor maintain the pre's screen clarity? The phantom skinz do not for sure, especially on white backgrounds, it drives me crazy.
    been using ghost armor for about a month now.. most everyone i've showed my phone to don't even know that i have the screen protector on until i tell them
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    so does ghost armor maintain the pre's screen clarity? The phantom skinz do not for sure, especially on white backgrounds, it drives me crazy.
    i kid you not, everytime i sell a pre, i ask the customer to look at mine, and ask them if they can believe I have a screen protector on, and everytime they are shocked that they could not tell there was anything on there.

Im a longtime member over at ppcgeeks.com and we had a discussion on screen protectors over there. most people over there live and die by ghost armors. They are SILKY smooth, scratch resistant, they tried sticking a nail thru it and it wouldnt go thru it, thats how durable it is. It took about 3-4 days to COMPLETELY set and for all the small bubbles(i had 3) to dissipate. They also carry a lifetime warranty, all you pay is shipping on replacements. Im telling you, if you want a QUALITY screen protector, go with Ghost-armors. I am no way sponsored by them or anything, im just amazed at how good they are. Best Buy sells the Zagg Invisible Shields, and i had a customer come in with one on, and id rather have a naked pre than a pre with one of those things on it! BTW, ghost armors website is Ghost Armor | cases, screen-protectors, shields, skins, covers, armor
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I recommend the Brando screen protector:

shop.brando.com.hk

I have use them for almost all my portable devices with screens: Palm V, Sony CLIE UX50, Canon S500,...

They are absolutely clear, easy to apply with no bubbles (no water needed to install or wait to dry), and can be easily removed and reapplied if needed.

The only downside is that it provides a little more resistance when sliding your finger across the surface when compared to the naked screen.

Otherwise, I am happy with them.
    Phantom Skinz, 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
    i kid you not, everytime i sell a pre, i ask the customer to look at mine, and ask them if they can believe I have a screen protector on, and everytime they are shocked that they could not tell there was anything on there.
    It might be really great, but personally I'm really just against the type of protectors that require you to spray liquid all over a device in order to apply them.
    This is what I got, and after messing up the first one due to my NOT reading the instructions, the "spare" one went on flawlessly and after it sat overnight to "dry" it is now absolutely perfect!

2X - LCD Screen Protector For Palm Pre - 2X - eBay (item 280357337180 end time Aug-10-09 15:13:58 PDT)

You have to mix up a small bit of alchohol, water, and a drop of dish soap. When doing it this way you can easily slide the sheet around to really get it PERFECT before it sticks to the PRE.

At first I just did it like I had done others, rolled down a bit of the back paper sheet and started applying the film. It looked really bad, so I picked up the instruction sheet and duhhh,

I love it now!
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Phantom Skinz. It's not very often that the best product is also the least expensive. I've used several screen protectors and both Invisible Shield and Phantom Skinz on the Pre. Phantom Skinz is the best!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I've had good results with the boxwave crystal clear screen protector.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    I have had problems with phantom skinz, both that I have installed really diminished the screen clarity. Ive got these horizontal rainbow effects on my phone. The stock screen protector that came with my last phone, the htc fuze, did not have this problem.

So I was just getting opinions from you guys on the screen clarity of other screen protectors. Will all "shields" have this rainbow effect problem?

Thanks for the help guys!
    wrx,

I see that you are not happy with the clarity of our screen protector. There may be something wrong with the pieces that you have or from the technique that you used to install them. You can see by other responses to your thread that most people are very satisfied with our product and think the skins are extremely clear. Would you email our customer service department and have this discussion with them? I am sure that they would like a picture of your complaint and can definitely help you fix this issue. I wanted to PM you but do not have enough posts.

Guru
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    plee3,

How much of the pre does this cover? I was actually interested in the Brando to replace my IS. I wanted to get the Seidio innocase and apparently the IS makes it difficult to install the innocase.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryder4321 View Post
    plee3,

How much of the pre does this cover? I was actually interested in the Brando to replace my IS. I wanted to get the Seidio innocase and apparently the IS makes it difficult to install the innocase.
    It costs $10 including shipping (about a week from HK). You can click on link to get more info.

Thanks... plee3
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Plee3,

I found the site where to buy it. I was actually asking how much of the pre does the brando screen protector cover.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    OK. I've never put on a skin before this. I used Phantom Skinz. I followed thedirections and it took me about 10 minutes. The clarity is perfect. You can't even tell it's on. The touchscreen still responds flawlessly. I looked at IS and a few others. I couldn't get past the "orange peel" look. You just don't get that with the Phantom Skinz. I couldn't be happier.

On a similar note, I've read that people have trouble with their phones not working after applying a skin (screens malfunction, phone doesn't turn on), or water/soap bubbles under the skin. After doing the application, my opinion is that those people are using TOO MUCH WATER. As for the phone not functioning, my advice is to not only turn the phone off before applying a skin, but remove the battery as well. Water and electricity do not play well together. Even if your phone is off, if the battery is in, you can still short things out. Another tip would be when using a smoothing tool to apply the skin, do not smooth toward the earpiece or the microphone (you really don't want to give water an easy entry point). LET YOUR DEVICE DRY FOR AT LEAST 12 HOURS.
    Last edited by fwinst; 07/22/2009 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Add info
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast