Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by mbg1725 View Post
    Just did this in like 10 minutes. Works great! Thanks!

I recommend doing one corner at a time, when peeling back the sticker.

Also try and peel as little away as possible, then pry the exposed part of the magnet up with a knife. Once you have popped it outa place, use tweezers to grab it, that way you don't have to peel away to much of the sticker.

Just a heads up to everyone, the Seidio case plus a zagg shield on the screen causes the case to not fit properly. You have to shave some of the plastic off the corners of the phone, then the case will fit perfectly.
    Shave which plastic off which corners??
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    I posted this on everythingPre yesterday since they had an article on the case, so I figured I'd add it here. There are other fixes out there, sorry if this has been said, I don't have time to read through the entire thread. Just wanted to post some help for the community.

As with anything, I can't make any guarantees of any kind, only the anecdotal evidence that it worked for my wife and I without issue:

***Both my wife and I have these (black for me, pink for her) and we both had Touchstone issues, at first. I didnít think it would work, or even if itís ok for the phone, but I cut a business card to fit behind the battery to push the battery closer to the case. Wallah! Both of our phones now charge without issue on the Touchstone. No attachment issue whatsoever.

Also, for screen protection we used Bodyguardz (top of Pre only). It was a tough install (for a perfectionist like me), but they are great. At first, they caused trouble with the InnoCase. It was too much bulk and the top piece wouldnít snap the 4th corner. There is a workaround. Take a very sharp pair of scissors (I used my wifeís sewing scissors), and cut the 4 corner flaps from the Bodyguardz mold. Also cut about 1/2 of one of the side flaps (I chose the mini-usb side). All of these cuts are obscured by the InnoCase, and they now fit perfectly.

One last remark. Mine had a noticeable Oreo wobble. Itís for all intents and purposes gone. Itís still there, but significantly reduced that I only notice when Iím fixated on it, whereas before it was every time I picked up my phone.

Hope this helps. Cheers!***
    I removed the discs from the Touchstone back and glued them inside the back cover of the Sprint case. The indentation on the back cover for the Touchstone makes accurate placement of the discs inside the cover a cinch. Couldn't be easier. Just place the back cover on the dock, put a disc in place, and the Touchstone magnet will hold it in exactly the right spot so you can mark the placement. The modified Sprint back seems to work fine for charging, and the Touchstone sticks well again.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    I posted this on everythingPre yesterday since they had an article on the case, so I figured I'd add it here. There are other fixes out there, sorry if this has been said, I don't have time to read through the entire thread. Just wanted to post some help for the community.

As with anything, I can't make any guarantees of any kind, only the anecdotal evidence that it worked for my wife and I without issue:

***Both my wife and I have these (black for me, pink for her) and we both had Touchstone issues, at first. I didnít think it would work, or even if itís ok for the phone, but I cut a business card to fit behind the battery to push the battery closer to the case. Wallah! Both of our phones now charge without issue on the Touchstone. No attachment issue whatsoever.

Also, for screen protection we used Bodyguardz (top of Pre only). It was a tough install (for a perfectionist like me), but they are great. At first, they caused trouble with the InnoCase. It was too much bulk and the top piece wouldnít snap the 4th corner. There is a workaround. Take a very sharp pair of scissors (I used my wifeís sewing scissors), and cut the 4 corner flaps from the Bodyguardz mold. Also cut about 1/2 of one of the side flaps (I chose the mini-usb side). All of these cuts are obscured by the InnoCase, and they now fit perfectly.

One last remark. Mine had a noticeable Oreo wobble. Itís for all intents and purposes gone. Itís still there, but significantly reduced that I only notice when Iím fixated on it, whereas before it was every time I picked up my phone.

I too was having problems with it getting a solid charge. I would put it on before bed and it would take me forever to get it to stay charging. I put a super thing piece of cardboard/paper from a band aid box (it was lying around) and put it underneath the battery and voila! Thanks for the tip!
  5. Cin
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    This thread made me chuckle a bit due to all the complex procedures you guys are doing in taking apart the touchstone cover, boring out holes, buying additional magnets, etc.

Did none of you guys ever dip a magnet in paper clips, or do something like this?

You can extend a magnetic field using any ferromagnetic metals. I just took 4 small, very thin washers I had from working on some electronics a while back, scotch taped them to the inside of my Innocase back, and put it on my touchstone battery cover. That's it.

The touchstone had a nice solid bond with the washers, and it seemed to charge fine. Unfortunately I can't do further endurance tests, as my innocase is also broken (I lost one tab on the front, and one on the back yesterday, before trying this mod), but it got to the point where it should snap together fine.

One note though, make sure you have VERY thin washers (or other piece of metal), as most washers tend to be thicker than the gap between the cover and the back. Otherwise you should be fine though.
    Last edited by Cin; 09/30/2009 at 04:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post

I'm doing something similar.

I was getting intermittent results with the innocase so I tried moving the magnets but it made things worse. With this hack I couldn't get any position that would charge.

I put things back as they were and cut a small circle of thin card which I taped oved the coil on the inside of the TS back. Now with the innocase on it seems to charge reliably.

I think the key here was pushing the coil slightly further out and thus slightly closer to the TS base.

What I think is really needed is an innocase type back that completely replaces the TS back and includes the coil and magnets. Doing things this way would probably accomodate a higher capacity battery too without making the overal package bigger.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123