Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I just don't see the value in this innocase. My setup is really simple. I have an InvisiShield screen cover and a naked TS back. It seems like we're all trying way too hard to make the TS work with a case, but I question just how much we need a case. The InvisiShield provides superior protection for cosmetics to the screen, and if I have to replace a TS back, no big deal - I'm out $20. I suppose I could spend $30 on the Innocase, but what would it get me that I'm not already getting without it?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSam View Post
    I just don't see the value in this innocase. My setup is really simple. I have an InvisiShield screen cover and a naked TS back. It seems like we're all trying way too hard to make the TS work with a case, but I question just how much we need a case. The InvisiShield provides superior protection for cosmetics to the screen, and if I have to replace a TS back, no big deal - I'm out $20. I suppose I could spend $30 on the Innocase, but what would it get me that I'm not already getting without it?
    i should note that i started off with an innvisable shield from a kiosk before getting the innocase, it got too orange peelish and i was going to have the kiosk guy reapply it because of the lifetime replacements but i opted to keep that option open to reapply it in the future!!

here is my arguments for the innocase:

Fact: The innocase improves security of the slider if the phone were to be dropped and It has proven itself in battle

Fact: The innocase protects the rear corners from drops and scratches in which the normal touchstone back and invisible shield cannot. The rear of the phone becomes resistant to impact

Fact: The innocase makes the front of the phone resistant to impact. the invisable shield makes the front of the phone almost 100% resistant to scratches (i mean the material is amazing) but will NEVER protect against impact if you were to drop the phone. the front of the phone, particularly its corners are protected by the innocase.

Subjective: The innocase provides a different look to the phone that may appeal to business users and others. I love the way it feels and looks, but that is subjective.

btw.
    I am considering havin the kiosk guy reapply the invisible shield and then ill take an exacto knife and trim it so that innocase fits with it on. This would be ultimate protection
    whatever floats your boat, buddy.
    Why dont Seidio just get a touch stone back and paint it the color of there cases.. Simple
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeladisky View Post
    Okay folks, we know the Touchstone works with the Seidio Innocase, but we also know that the force with which the Pre "hangs" onto the TS is dramatically reduced while in the case... I have the fix and have notified Seidio of same... I don't have pictures, but it's VERY simple...

Please note: I had an extra Palm Touchstone Back (battery cover) I used for this "experiment" and prototype, and it worked fine for me, but YMMV and I won't be responsible for damages... that being said, hack away:

1) Remove the TS batter cover from the Pre and place it face up (so you can see the INSIDE with the contacts exposed)
    2) Notice that there is a black sticker covering, with four round circles in a square pattern.
    3) Carefully peel back this sticker and, underneath, you will find 4 magnets... these magnets aid in the alignment with the Touchstone. Peel the sticker back carefully to expose all 4 (you will need to hold it so it doesn't fall back against the electronics - this sticker may not reseat more than 1x)
    4) Using your fingernail or small screw driver, remove each magent and place it into the back of the Innocase, in the same alignment as removed from the Palm Back (upper left goes to upper left, and so on).
    5) Once all four magnets are "stuck" to the inside of the Innocase, reseat the sticker in the back of the TS batter cover. Do not worry if the magnets do not have a lot of "stick" to them as the force of the case against the back of the Pre will keep them in place....
    6) Test your alignment and placement by putting the back of the Innocase onto your touchstone to ensure it "sticks" properly. It actually may move the magnets into a better, more opportune placement by itself!!!
    7) Put both covers back on (the Pre Battery Back and the back of the Innocase)

Voila, you have factory/OEM magnet strength back....

Enjoy!

Lee
    I went ahead and just did this a couple hours ago in the depths of night. IT WORKED. Maybe ill post some pictures later, but holy cow, i used was a pocket knife, a post-it note, and a pen. Its very supportive that i can easily use it in my car, turn it upside down etc exactly when i got the touchstone.
    This solution worked PERFECTLY...I had to do it twice, but second time was a charm. Seidio should really consider making this a PERMANENT part of their cases going forward....and the OP should get some credit

I would thank the OP but can't figure out how to do it from my Pre on the mobile site....is it the double !! By the post? If not I will hit the thanks button wheni get home.

For now I will give hime a HOORAH!!!
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    This solution worked PERFECTLY...I had to do it twice, but second time was a charm. Seidio should really consider making this a PERMANENT part of their cases going forward....and the OP should get some credit

I would thank the OP but can't figure out how to do it from my Pre on the mobile site....is it the double !! By the post? If not I will hit the thanks button wheni get home.

For now I will give hime a HOORAH!!!
    Glad it worked for you! :-) And, thanks for the thanks...lol.
    Lee Ladisky
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Lee,
    Just my observation that the small disks on the TS cover are not magnets but metal disks. The base is the magnet that holds the Pre to it not vice versa. I placed a thin wire close to the base and it was attracted to the base but not to either side of the back. I would think those that are considering placing magnetic tape or rare earth magnets on the back might find that the Pre is repelled from the base rather than secured to it.
    I have not removed the tape and or observed the disks my self a disks or read any documentation to suggest that the disks are magnets.
    Scott
    I will say that the discs (Magnets or not) do have a + side on them. Don't know what that means as I am not versed in Magnetics AT ALL !
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    That said they may in fact be magnets and their properties are influenced by the stronger magnets in the base. As I said I have not seen the disks. Thanks for the info.
    Scott
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsa334 View Post
    Lee,
    Just my observation that the small disks on the TS cover are not magnets but metal disks. The base is the magnet that holds the Pre to it not vice versa. I placed a thin wire close to the base and it was attracted to the base but not to either side of the back. I would think those that are considering placing magnetic tape or rare earth magnets on the back might find that the Pre is repelled from the base rather than secured to it.
    I have not removed the tape and or observed the disks my self a disks or read any documentation to suggest that the disks are magnets.
    Scott
    yes they are magnets for sure negative facing the touchstone, positive facing the phone. strong little suckers too
    bumping this post incase anyone else may be interested!
    I likey take apart thingies....
    I would buy an extra TS back, frankly. They can be had cheaply..

Lee
    has anyone tried putting the set of magnets from a donor touchstone back on the inside of the innocase and leaving the magnets in the TS back that is to be used?
  13.    #33  
    I did and the result is the same...works fine.
    Anyone get the size of the magnets on the touchstone covers?
    Has anyone tried putting the TS apparatus from a stock TS cover on the inside of the 2600 mah battery back?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    got bored at work and realized noone has really shown a visual representation of this mod

see my attachments, they are very blurry and I took them at work which is very badly lit, but they do the job
    Attached Images Attached Images
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Glod View Post
    got bored at work and realized noone has really shown a visual representation of this mod

see my attachments, they are very blurry and I took them at work which is very badly lit, but they do the job
    Nicely done!

I ended up having to use SuperGlue to keep the discs in place, but it's still going strong!

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Nicely done!

I ended up having to use SuperGlue to keep the discs in place, but it's still going strong!

Lee
    superglue, oh wow thats excessive, i bet a gluestick would work since you can wipe it off and the pressure of them between the two backs keeps them in place. but whatever works!
    This worked for me. And yeah, I agree the Innocase should have this baked in.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Just did this in like 10 minutes. Works great! Thanks!

I recommend doing one corner at a time, when peeling back the sticker.

Also try and peel as little away as possible, then pry the exposed part of the magnet up with a knife. Once you have popped it outa place, use tweezers to grab it, that way you don't have to peel away to much of the sticker.

Just a heads up to everyone, the Seidio case plus a zagg shield on the screen causes the case to not fit properly. You have to shave some of the plastic off the corners of the phone, then the case will fit perfectly.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast