Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I was able to sync my Pre with my Avic D3 without any problems. The only thing that I cannot figure it out, is how to transfer my contacts to the car unit. With my blackberry curve, I was able to transfer all the contacts at once to it. I makes life easier that way, however, with he Pre, no luck yet. Any ideas on how to acomplish this task at all any one?
    Wait and see if the 2.1 update fixes this....I'm having the same issues!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Finally got around to intstalling the BT adapter for my D3. Can make phone calls (no contact transfer). Playback controls work, but no audio is heard. Why is bluetooth such a PITA?
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Finally got around to intstalling the BT adapter for my D3. Can make phone calls (no contact transfer). Playback controls work, but no audio is heard. Why is bluetooth such a PITA?
    Phonebook transfer now works as of 1.2. Bluetooth audio still broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by falz View Post
    Phonebook transfer now works as of 1.2. Bluetooth audio still broken.
    Still not working for me. It won't transfer contacts or play audio.

How did you get this to work?
    How about that...was just coming on here to give an update.....I have the AVIC-D3. OK....you CANNOT have the bluetooth on when starting transfer. But make sure your PRE is registered. This is important because it enables the phonebook/transfer menu.
    1. Choose the contact you want to transfer..
    2. click on "contact" drop down...click "send contact"....click "send to car kit"
    3. At this point, the Pre Bluetooth menu will come up and search for a carkit...make sure your car car kit is in phonebook/transfer mode. When you carkit appears on your PRE click on it. Give it about 10seconds to synch and send contact....

if you need help PM me....took me a while to get it to work...but it does. my audio bluetooth still is not working. I can control the song selection and start/stop/pause...but no sound.

IGO
    Last edited by IGoDwnTwn34; 09/29/2009 at 02:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Okay....so how do you transfer ALL contacts? If you select multiple ones, can you select "send to car kit" and have them ALL transferred?

Also, call waiting never worked between the AVICD3 and the Pre....caused the AVIC to go nutz, ringing endlessly and not allowing you to take the other call, return to the first, etc. It just didn't work and wouldn't stop rining. Have you tried call waiting?
    You can either choose contacts individually or your entire contact list. I have the same issues with a secong call coming in...the avic keeps ringing!!

iGo
    when you say "....you CANNOT have the bluetooth on when starting transfer. But make sure your PRE is registered." What do you mean. A couple of my options on my avic-d3 are disabled.