1.    #1  
    Or to watch TV as well? On an old phone I could listen to the media from either my stereo BT or my mono BT I use for phone calls, so I am wondering why this is not possible on the Pre?
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Uh, because it's in stereo? Seriously, it's the A2DP protocol that allows the bt stereo transmission. So the device has to comply with that.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
    Or to watch TV as well? On an old phone I could listen to the media from either my stereo BT or my mono BT I use for phone calls, so I am wondering why this is not possible on the Pre?
    Not sure what the problem is but I use stereo BT and my Jabra mono BT headset without any issues.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by nhavar View Post
    Not sure what the problem is but I use stereo BT and my Jabra mono BT headset without any issues.
    I cannot listen to a video I've downloaded via my Moto H715 BT headset. I can with my Plantronics stereo BT headset, but I don't carry my stereo headset with me all of the time so it's very inconvenient.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
    I cannot listen to a video I've downloaded via my Moto H715 BT headset. I can with my Plantronics stereo BT headset, but I don't carry my stereo headset with me all of the time so it's very inconvenient.
    Unfortunately the Motorola H715 doesn't support the AD2P BT protocol. The only suggestion would be to sell your Motorola and pick up a newer unit that supports AD2P. The good news is that there are plenty of newer inexpensive models like the Jabra 8040 out there that do support the protocol.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Does youtube play through bt headset at all?
    Yes, with headsets capable of AD2P.
    Originally posted by nhavar:
    Your Jabra is stereo or A2DP compliant even though it's just in one ear. Jawbone is also A2DP compliant. Most phones with Media have the Media on a different sound pattern for sound quality.

My husbands Motorola Q allowed media over his mono headsets, but very few other smartphones did. The Treos required additional software and A2DP and until the release of 3Gs, the iPhones didn't allow Bluetooth stereo at all. For the iPhones,you could only listen to media with a wired headset.

Thus, we're starting a step-up w/o the need for additional software or a 3 year wait, we can listen on bluetooth with A2DP devices. This also means that are media can come over our bluetooth car stereo system.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Your Jabra is stereo or A2DP compliant even though it's just in one ear. Jawbone is also A2DP compliant. Most phones with Media have the Media on a different sound pattern for sound quality.

My husbands Motorola Q allowed media over his mono headsets, but very few other smartphones did. The Treos required additional software and A2DP and until the release of 3Gs, the iPhones didn't allow Bluetooth stereo at all. For the iPhones,you could only listen to media with a wired headset.

Thus, we're starting a step-up w/o the need for additional software or a 3 year wait, we can listen on bluetooth with A2DP devices. This also means that are media can come over our bluetooth car stereo system.
    I just got the Jabra BT8040 and it is A2DP but only plays in mono. Couldn't pass it up for $14.99, it actually works great and you can't beat the price!
    You have to have a2dp with headset mode Jabra makes some great headsets I used to have one.
    My device history. Casio A-10/Cassiopeia E-100/PPC6600/PPC6700/700wx/Moto Q/PPC6700/Mogul/Touch/Mogul/700wx/800w/Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/Palm Pre/Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    My Blueant Q1 is AD2P compliant and says that on supported phones it can be used for music as well. Is there an option to change to have it work with the Pre to listen to music?
    Originally posted by rj5620:
    My Blueant Q1 is AD2P compliant and says that on supported phones it can be used for music as well. Is there an option to change to have it work with the Pre to listen to music?
    The Blueant should work, but some car stereo systems work and others don't.

Try re-pairing it. Go into the bluetooth setting when you pair it. If you only see the phone icon, tap the Blueant headset under devices again. Sometimes when I pair only the phone or music symbol appears. When that happens, only the icon that's listed is connected. Usually if I tape it again, both icons appear next to the paired headset.

Other than that, try the Jabra 8040 or some other headset that people on the forum states work for them.