Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I just received this holder that I ordered from amazon and it is working out perfectly.

http://www.amazon.com/Arkon-SM160-Cellular-Phone-Mount

It fits the pre very well without being overly bulky and it is easy to operate the phone from within the holder and even slide the Pre open. The vent mount puts it in the perfect location in my Tundra and the AC helps keep the phone cool.

I spent about 3 minutes with my dremel to cut out a notch on the right side and allow for the use of a car charger while in the mount.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I've had bad luck with vent mounts but this is the one I use....Bracketron - Mobile Grip-It Windshield Mount for Mobile Devices - Black - PHW-203
    I had this mount for my HTC Sprint Mogul and i cannot wait to get rid of it. As you said, you have to do some major modifications to allow the microUSB charger to fit.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    I've had bad luck with vent mounts but this is the one I use....Bracketron - Mobile Grip-It Windshield Mount for Mobile Devices - Black - PHW-203

The windshield mount would just put the phone too far away and I don't want a huge gaudy arm sticking out. Plus it's 3 times the price. As long as it works for you...
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    I have the vent mounted version of the Bracketron and it's a great mount. The sides are adjustable so you don't need to dremel anything and it will adjust to fit just about any mobile device you have.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Here are pics of it mounted. It's not the same for everyone, but to notch some plastic of a $10 mount is no big deal and it works really well now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Nice quality pictures, thanks. I'm seriously considering one now.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs86 View Post
    Here are pics of it mounted. It's not the same for everyone, but to notch some plastic of a $10 mount is no big deal and it works really well now.
    can you slide out to access the keyboard when in the mount (or before putting into the mount) ?
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    The bracketron can be found for under $10 and up to $14 dollars on Amazon. I think I picked mine up for $15 at Target last year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2surf View Post
    can you slide out to access the keyboard when in the mount (or before putting into the mount) ?

Yeah, you can open the keyboard before putting in, or if you don't clamp it to tight, while it is in there.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    The bracketron looks like another good option.
    I also got the Bracketron at Target for $20 (its $30 at Best Buy). I did have one issue with side mounts causing my Pre to reset. I adjusted them farther apart and it seem to fix the problem. I guess it was causing the battery to loosen up. I'm thinking the next Palm phone should at least have a metal frame. So now I can let my wife use the Tom Tom and ill be using the Pre for my gps in the car.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Hey I had that exact same mount for my Tungsten T3 (got it back in '05). These work great and will last you a loooooong time. I'd still have mine up if I hadn't broken it (my fault, not manufacturer's). I'd get another one for my Pre, but I don't have a dremel to make the notch bigger on the side.
    Looking for one myself, got a great one from walmart, but I sold my car and have not found it since.
    From the pictures, it looks like you can access the charging port on the right side. Am I right?

Also, do the side grips slide far enough so that you can put the phone in landscape? Thanks!
    I wonder if you can rig a Touchstone on one of these or similar car mount. I was considering using one of those dashboard rigs you normally use with GPS devices to mount a Touchstone on...
    PalmPilot 5000 --> Handspring Visor Prism --> Palm 505 --> Treo 650 ---> Palm Pre