Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I just got the Seidio Innocase Surface (black) for my Palm Pre.

Pros: The case is very easy to put on the pre. And it does cover everything except the front screen and around the side. It's not bulky, it won't make your phone seem that much thicker. I mean, I popped it on, and I was happy with it. The Pre slides open, no problem.

Cons: Then I held in my hand and realized that the hard plastic doesn't really give you that much of a better grip than say the phone without a case. I'm not saying that Seidio was marketing it this way; I would just prefer a case that gave me a more secure grip -- I suppose like those rubber skins that you can find for the iPhone.

Cons: When you slide the Pre open to type on the keyboard, you're gonna notice something a bit irritating. Apparently, although the case fits snugly on the phone, there is a certain space between the backside of the keyboard slider and the case. So when you type, you can feel the phone depress into that space. I'm sure some people will just get used to it, but it bugged me. I didn't like that feeling of the phone pushing into an emtpy space everytime I typed. ** I imagine the keyboard depression is due to the fact that the slider is curved.

*** EDIT: I just tried to play with the case again, and I realize that I didn't have the backside part all the way secure. Once fully secure, there is NO depression when typing on the keyboard. Sorry about this error. I guess I didn't realize backside case wasn't fully locked in. So if you get this case, make sure you securely lock the backside cover on properly.

I still don't think this was worth $30, though, or that it helps with grip. But I do acknowledge that it does help me relax in term of getting scratches, etc. on the phone. The screen is still unprotected, but I make sure to carry nothing else in my left-side pant pocket other than the Pre.

Observation: Merely something I noticed. The case won't get rid of any Oreo effect. Mine isn't bad, just very minimal movement, but the case won't get rid of it if that's what you were hoping for. Also with the case on, the Pre will not fit inside the cloth case that it came with. But I suppose if you have a screen protector, you're good to go.

Also, with the case on "properly," =), I have no problems opening the USB port, or pressing the power key. There is plenty of space for the headphones and switching the vibrate button.

Final thoughts -- this case is not worth $30. I've seen advertised what appeared to be similar hard plastic covers for like $8. It you don't mind that you're grip will not be as good as it was w/o the case, then I suggest finding a cheaper knock-off.
    Last edited by corolla90; 07/16/2009 at 06:30 PM.
    It is advertised to work with the Touchstone. Have you tried charging it on the TS yet if you have one?
    Quote Originally Posted by DUTO View Post
    It is advertised to work with the Touchstone. Have you tried charging it on the TS yet if you have one?
    Another review reported it work as normal on the TS but did not hold as firmly in place. Good enough for desktop use but probably not for a car mounted TS.
    I seriously don't see the point in buying this case... You still need a case for this case... Makes no sense at all....
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I seriously don't see the point in buying this case... You still need a case for this case... Makes no sense at all....
    Buy the belt clip, thats what I am getting.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Why would you still need a case?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    yep, i got the case and the holster w/ audio access port. FYI case is just a little protection in case of drops..... also fits better in the hands...not so slippery.
    The Wams
    just got mine
    its better than the knock offs
    but not 25 dollars better
    keeping it anyway to lazy to return it
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I almost don't mind that it is $30. I just replaced my rocketfish with one and WOW, what a difference. It is so much thinner and nicer feeling, and it has a better fit as well. Easier to take off and put on, and works with the touchstone. It also doesnt interfere with the keyboard like the rocketfish does. I am pissed that I wasted $20 on the rocketfish, that thing is trash compared to the innocase. One other thing that bugged me about the rocketfish, I had the silver one, and the color was scratching and wearing off of the back and turning white. It looked like crap. The innocase seems to be a solid color all the way through, so no worries there.

So yeah, just my opinion, but $30 seems fair to me for a great product, but then again I will go out of my way to protect my $200 dollar investment, so why not.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I love it. Does everything I wanted it to do in a case. Very thin so it doesn't change the feel of the phone but makes me feel more confident holding it. The major plus is that it perfectly covers a small crack on the lower left corner it got on launch day after a fateful drop onto kitchen tile floor. I also got the holster which I very happy with too. Now the universal screenguard by seidio is another story which didn't end as well.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by horadin View Post
    So yeah, just my opinion, but $30 seems fair to me for a great product, but then again I will go out of my way to protect my $200 dollar investment, so why not.
    Funny thing is I've spent well over $300 in accessories on a $200 phone...
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    OUCH! The things we do for our phones. I think I have spent aboput $150 though lol. I guess we like the accessories huh?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if the pre will fit in the leather holster with this case. I tried the rocketfish and it was to thick. It fit, but it was tight.

Thanks
    The touchstone problem is annoying with this case... I posted in the other forum, I am going to try to add a small magnet to see if it improves.

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    pics???
    All and all this is a good case. Only problem I am having is that it seems to pop off way too easily. Had it for 1 day and its poped off twice now.
  17. tbo
    My top cover pops off when i slide my keyboard out, but it seems like my lower right tab on the front cover is not as long as the others. They are sending me a replacement and hopefully that will solve the issue..Or maybe the problem is my pre doesn't have much of a oreo thing at all so maybe since I have such a tight gap that it is causing the case to pop off.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    You have to start to consider what Seidio's costs are on these things since they give out replacements like hot cakes... I guess that justifies the high prices somewhat, though.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I got my case a few days ago, one of the face plate tabs have already broken.

pretty awesome design, pretty terrible quality. 2 days is BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    QFT.... we do tend to spend much more on accessories hahaha
    PalmPilot 5000 --> Handspring Visor Prism --> Palm 505 --> Treo 650 ---> Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast