Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    My first impressions:

Total installation time: 10 minutes (if you are being cautious...if not, shouldn't take more than 5)

The USG: Installation

The instructions are a little bit useless since they do not provide illustrations of some of their directions...but it is easy nonetheless. I applied the USG first, and unfortunately, my USG is only slightly off-center, but definitely not a deal-breaker. Plus, once the USG is on, I figured I would leave it and not try to reapply out of fear of 'smudging' the underside of the USG (the side that makes contact with the screen istelf). Seidio's instructions explicitly state not to touch that specific surface of the ultimate screen guard. So, since I am not too entirely OCD, I am fine with leaving the USG how it is.

The USG: Impressions/satisfaction

Since I am someone who had the unfortunate experience of purchasing 'universal' screen protectors (yes, the ones you have to cut to fit the screen of whatever device you were using), I was a bit skeptical about Seidio's offering at first. With the universal protectors, air bubbles are almost a certainty. With the USG, I was under the impression that air bubbles were also a problem since the instructions were pretty clear that you needed a credit card or an ID card (or something of similar 'rigidity') when applying the screen to smooth out any bubbles.

Let me tell you that if you use a credit card (I used my drivers license) to smooth the USG down as you apply you will get NO air bubbles. This product is so easy to apply that I am sure if you are careful enough, a credit card to smooth out the USG is probably not even needed. But honestly, just use one to smooth things out.

My first impressions: if you do not want to use one of those body armor-type phone protectors (the ones you have to 'let dry' for an extended period of time), then this is the product for you. I am more than satisfied with the screen protector. At first, it did feel like the surface had a tackiness to it that would not allow my finger to slide across the screen, but after using the phone for 5 minutes you realize that bit of tackiness is negligible.

All gestures work flawlessly with the screen, picture clarity is the same as if there was no screen guard on it at all (I know some screen protectors advertise that they block UV and other colors to 'brighten' the screen...but those can make the actual screen clarity look tinted and unnatural.) Seidio got this screen guard right. And the best part -- it uses no adhesives.

The Innocase: Installation

Once again, Seidio's instructions are kind of stupid. However, installation of the Innocase is pain-free. I have the touchstone charger, so I have the touchstone back as well, and the foam insert on the Innocase needed to be taken out. It was easy to do, the foam insert was 'placed' in the case and came out without a fight. The backing of the Innocase snapped in quite easily. My recommendation: find the parts of the case that physically go over the phone to 'secure' the case to the device and 'help' those little prongs cover the phone itself. This makes the installation of the case a breeze (and as you can imagine, this was not included in the directions).

The faceplate installs in a similarly simple manner. It snaps on in a second.

The Innocase:
    Impressions/Satisfaction

This is the biggie. Does the Innocase satisfy? My answer: absolutely yes. The case itself is extremely sturdy. It is not one of those 'jelly' cases that you see people put on their iPhones and Blackberrys. This case has a rigidity to it that resembles a 'hard' case but feels great and does allow for minor bending. The case itself has a rubberized feel to it, very similar to the touchstone back of the device itself...but in my opinion, not as satisfying (although its pretty damn close).

The phone opens and closes with the same ease. I do feel that the security of the devices exterior is increased, although I agree with that LSU fan's review saying the cases feel like they could easily popped off if the phone is dropped. Just don't drop the phone

Charging with the touchstone was always a great feeling with the touchstone back because you could really feel the magnets lock together. Obviously, with the added bulk of the innocase, that 'locking' feeling is reduced considerably. The phone still sticks to the touchstone with the innocase on, but you definitely notice that any slight movements could knock it off the touchstone. I definitely do not advise using the innocase if you use the touchstone in a vehicle. For the 99% of you that do not have a touchstone in your car, the innocase will not interfere with the satisfaction of using your touchstone charger. In fact, charging time was not reduced at all by having the innocase.

Pushing the buttons (volume, power) is the same as before.

The one thing that has become slightly more difficult is opening the USB door. However, as most of you I am sure do already, sliding the phone open and then opening the door fixes this problem.

The case and USG together cover 95% of the phone's surface. there is a small gap in between the USG and the innocase on the screen of the phone, but this should not be a problem.

I know this review is long, and thorough, however, I know some people will appreciate this next tid-bit: In my experience, the Innocase definitely increased the 'feel' of the phone regarding build quality. Perfect example: my Pre (before the innocase) felt squeaky when I pushed some of the keyboard buttons, easpecially in the bottom right corner of the keyboard (almost as if it was hollow there). The innocase feels like it 'stiffens' up the device, and the 'squeakiness' and 'hollowness' I was feeling is gone.

Score:

Ease of installation of both products: 4.5/5 (ymmv)

Satisfaction: 5/5

It is so refreshing to feel like my Pre is finally 'sturdy'. Go buy this if you already havent.

(sorry if some of the picture quality is not great, I'm not good with the digital camera...I really make the USG look bad in some instances but trust me, it's not).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks for the review, you convinced me to get it. I'd been using the supplied pouch for whenever I put the phone in my pocket, but it was getting pretty inconvenient to need to pull it out and put it back to do anything.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Thanks for the review, you convinced me to get it. I'd been using the supplied pouch for whenever I put the phone in my pocket, but it was getting pretty inconvenient to need to pull it out and put it back to do anything.
    I was the same way...until I lost the pouch. Then I had to be EXTREMELY cautious with how I handled my phone. The screen (sans protection) is so easily scratched...I had two minor scratches (you have to really look for them to see them) just from keeping my phone in my pocket (without anything else in that pocket). I am very satisfied with the products...they weren't cheap by any means, but they do exactly what they say they will do, which is not as easy as it sounds.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Awesome review, thanks. My only concern is being able to use the innocase with the palm holster and not have any issues with it. How much bulk does it add to the pre?
    I just got my Seidio Innocase today and I couldn't wait to login to express my happiness with the case. Because the above review was dead on I just have to "co-sign" on everything he/she said! The feel of the case is great. It has a toughness to it but a soft feel. Very thin. So you don't get that bulk added to your phone that I didn't want. I ordered mine on July 5th. It was definitely worth the wait!!!!!!! Go get ya one!
    Nice review. Two of my brothers ordered innocases which arrived today and I would say that you are spot on with your review.
  7. tbo
    For anyone who is wondering about the compatibility of this and a holster should really just consider the Seidio clip. They come with the velvet lining to protect the screen and their clips are like no other that I have seen. Usually you see cases that have cheap little clips on them, but Siedio does them right and they stay well put on your belt.
    will this case still snap on if you are using a ZAGG invisibleshield-type skin on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by DUTO View Post
    will this case still snap on if you are using a ZAGG invisibleshield-type skin on it?
    I'd like to know the answer to this too.
    Nice review. I have a question though. I hate taking my Pre in and out of the leather case I use. I take my dog for a walk, then I get a phone call and have to take it out of the case. I am afraid of dropping it. My only problem is that I put my phone in my front pocket all the time. I have a Boxwave screen protector on it, but I am afraid that is not enough protection left in my pocket. I have a Blackberry curve leather case with magnetic closure, which I used with my Touch with extended battery. Does the Innocase add a lot of bulk. Would it fit into a case that is a little bigger now?

Do you keep it in your pocket?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    As far as whether or not the innocase works with the Zagg armor, I can't say for sure.

What I do know, which amazed me, is how precisely seidio engineered their innocase to fit the Pre. Literally, the dimensions are perfect to fit over the device.

The backplate of the case comes with a foam insert (approx 1 mm thick) to space the actual case and the non-touchstone back, and that fits like a glove. They have their product so precisely engineered that when I used the touchstone back and the innocase back (and forgot to take out the foam insert) the case would not snap in, no matter what...and that was because of a 1x1 inch piece of 1mm thick foam.

Like I said, I can not vouch for whether or not the innocase would fit over the Zagg armor, but if I had to make an educated guess based on the Innocase's precise fit over the Pre, I would venture a guess and say it probably would not fit over it...that's how well this thing was engineered.

Anyone else have any answers to this question?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    Nice review. I have a question though. I hate taking my Pre in and out of the leather case I use. I take my dog for a walk, then I get a phone call and have to take it out of the case. I am afraid of dropping it. My only problem is that I put my phone in my front pocket all the time. I have a Boxwave screen protector on it, but I am afraid that is not enough protection left in my pocket. I have a Blackberry curve leather case with magnetic closure, which I used with my Touch with extended battery. Does the Innocase add a lot of bulk. Would it fit into a case that is a little bigger now?

Do you keep it in your pocket?
    I had a similar concern as you. I was always afraid of dropping my phone. I do keep my phone in my pocket, and aside from the usual pocket lint that can get on the phone, it feels less bulky with the innocase on it than it did in the black and orange pouch the phone came with. I would say the pre's dimensions definitely come closer to the balckberry curve with the innocase on it, however, obviously, the curve is wider.

And, just about 10 minutes ago (like the ***** I am), I dropped my phone for the first time. Not just a small 'fell out of the pocket drop', but a drop from almost 6 feet up. The case did not fall off of the phone, and aside from a minor scratch on the case that is barely noticeable, there are no problems. The innocase saved my phone from certain cosmetic damage, if not hardware damage.

Still though, don't follow my example. Don't drop your phone
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    anyone having issues with the front part of the case popping off? the lower right corner keeps coming undone when i slide the phone open/closed. tried reseating it a few times but it won't stay.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    anyone having issues with the front part of the case popping off? the lower right corner keeps coming undone when i slide the phone open/closed. tried reseating it a few times but it won't stay.
    Come to think of it, I have had to pop that specific part in about two times today...thought maybe I had hit it or something on accident
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Once it is installed how easy is it to get in and out of your pocket. I'm not familiar with the texture of the case but it makes me worried that it will be hard to get out since it sounds a little ruberized.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I've got your answer!

I got my case today, immediately went to put it on. I have a Phantom Skinz on my phone already...and while the Seidio was quite a bit tougher to put on than the video review on here made it look, I got it on!
    The back went on fairly easily(I even have the little insert in as well, because I dont have the TS back...but I do have the Phantom Skinz on the back), but the front took a while. It felt like I needed to stretch is almost to get on the top and bottom. It took some pulling, tugging, and pushing...but all four tabs finally hooked on...and so far it hasnt come off. I did damage the Phantom Skinz a little bit trying to get this thing off...by pulling it off and trying to put it back on a couple times, but it's not like anyone can see it with the case over it.

Overall, I am very happy with the case, and extremely glad I dont have to take my Phantom Skinz off and order the USG in order to fit the case AND protect my screen.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    In the past some of the old jelly cases and the like have causes scratches to the phone themselves. Dust and stuff getting between the case and phone and then the rubber having a bit of give causing scratches etc.

Seems like these fit pretty snug. For the people that have them does it seem like it will cause scratching on its own? I am about to pull the trigger I love how thin it is!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Does the bottom of the faceplate cover interfere with accessing the top row of the keyboard?
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook_em View Post
    I had a similar concern as you. I was always afraid of dropping my phone. I do keep my phone in my pocket, and aside from the usual pocket lint that can get on the phone, it feels less bulky with the innocase on it than it did in the black and orange pouch the phone came with. I would say the pre's dimensions definitely come closer to the balckberry curve with the innocase on it, however, obviously, the curve is wider.

And, just about 10 minutes ago (like the ***** I am), I dropped my phone for the first time. Not just a small 'fell out of the pocket drop', but a drop from almost 6 feet up. The case did not fall off of the phone, and aside from a minor scratch on the case that is barely noticeable, there are no problems. The innocase saved my phone from certain cosmetic damage, if not hardware damage.

Still though, don't follow my example. Don't drop your phone
    I'm glad that things worked out for you. My only concern about the case was how well it protected the phone from drops, and though I didn't want to ask anybody to test it out for me , I do appreciate your sharing your story.
    A little disappointed that it doesnt stay on the touchstone a that well. However, its stoping the "oreo twist" is amazing! Overall, im okay with the purchase.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast