Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    is innocase and usg still the way to go? just renewed my contract and picked the pre up!
    while the innocase with the phantom skin is my choice of protection , be aware that the innocase has one flaw but it does exactly what its supposed to do ! it protects your phone from damage . but on the other hand one good fall the wrong way and the tabs will break off ,like what happened to mine yesterday lol . o dropped my phone from about 4 foot and the tab broke . and while i dont have to pay 100 for another phone i will have to come off some mulla for a new case . bummer ! and yet this is still the best way to protect because it adds very little thickness to the over all width of the phone . i like the slimness of it very much and this is the closest to it ,unless your without any protection .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    The innocase is good, but I've already broken the tabs on two of them... they are pretty much "single-drop" cases... once you drop it, one of the tabs will fall off and then it won't fit as well! Wish they sold only the front or the back... I've broken clips on the front twice!
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by bioart View Post
    The innocase is good, but I've already broken the tabs on two of them... they are pretty much "single-drop" cases... once you drop it, one of the tabs will fall off and then it won't fit as well! Wish they sold only the front or the back... I've broken clips on the front twice!
    I might have a front if you have a back cover ????
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I bought the Innocase shortly after I got my Pre (end of June). It was awesome - until the tiny tabs started breaking. I had one of them break without a fall, so the front plate was a bit loose on one corner. I had a second break when stashing my Pre in my bag to head through the security checkpoint on a trip, rendering the case pretty much useless.

While waiting for my ride at the destination airport, I ordered an invisibleSHIELD (from PreCentral!). I like Seidio, and their products are well-made. I just don't feel like the Pre lends itself to being covered by a full-body case that doesn't adhere to the phone itself. I would probably get an Innocase for a Pixi, but I've been happy with my invisibleSHIELD on the Pre - it keeps it from scratches and such, though it won't do much for a long fall. I can also keep the phone in my front pocket without worrying - I got accustomed to this with my HTC Touch previously and prefer it to a hip holster.

I'll also note that the Innocase resulted in some of the paint being rubbed off my Pre's face in the corners and on the edges. It appears that is due to grit getting between the front piece and the Pre (and I used the holster with mine), and it was probably exacerbated by the first tab breaking and providing more motion than designed.

Just my $0.02 and experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by DUTO View Post
    will this case still snap on if you are using a ZAGG invisibleshield-type skin on it?
    I have tried this and after about 15 minutes of trying I gave up. The ZAGG cover is just barely too thick. If the cover doesn't snap off right away, it will the first time you open it.
    HOWEVER, I was able to pull up the edges of the ZAGG case and cut them off with some cuticle scissors (about 1/4 inch.. just into the coverage area of the seidio cover. Once I did this the Seidio fit perfect AND the phone was covered 100%. If you're going to do this, make sure you pull up the screen protector's edge and use scissors. I do NOT recommend using an x-acto knife! You'll probably slice into the Pre's plastic, and you definitely don't want to slip and slice the screen.

Other than that... You're, right, the seidio case is worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook_em View Post
    Come to think of it, I have had to pop that specific part in about two times today...thought maybe I had hit it or something on accident
    Got my first Innocase back in September. Since then Seidio has replaced it three times. Each time, one of clips on the front part of the case has snapped off, likely from using the keyboard and/or accessing the mini-usb port. The clips just seem fragile. But each time, Seidio has sent a replacement at no cost. They guarantee the case for 180 days, no questions asked. Currently I have the back of the case covered, with one of their screen guards on the front. Touchstone usually works, but occasionally I'll head out in the AM only to discover that the phone has slid off the contacts.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I also loved this case when I first bought it. Feels great, looks great. But I've burned through 2 of them already and I would NEVER pay for another one. Those little clips that hold the case to the phone are VERY fragile and break way too easily. A fatal flaw. Still trying to determine which one to try next....
    no other hard case's work with the touchstone , so im just not going to use for now until i can find something that works. it just gets expensive buying and buying every time one breaks. but i love the innocase's feel and slimness for sure
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Has anyone outside of the US bought this combination? Just thinking about the case warranty if it is as "fragile" as some people have found out? I am not likely to be back in the States for a while so want something that if it does break, I can return it from Europe.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I also had to recently replace my case. The holster broke at some point during the day about 3 weeks ago. I had no idea until I climbed a ladder and my phone fell about 8 feet. Busted two of the clips on the front faceplate (and gave my phone a nice case of oreo.) It took me sending 3 emails and nearly 2 weeks to get Seido to even respond. They did finally send a replacment but frankly it's only a matter of time before it breaks again. This was my first Seido product. It will also be my last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    while the innocase with the phantom skin is my choice of protection
    do you have to make any modifications to the phantom skin or does it slip right over it?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678