Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    I received my replacement USG and installed it yesterday and I am more than happy with this screen guard. It's a perfect combo with the innocase. Thumbs up Seidio!
    Just a quick two cents . . .

As mentioned in the original post, the screen guard installed very easily, only minor hitch - getting it straight, and I think that was more me than the guard. Not getting it straight the first time left a few air bubbles at the end where I had to touch the adhesive to pull it off. Still looks better, IMO, than most of the standard wet-em-stick-em IS types. I didn't notice any change with the touchscreen response, except maybe that my fingers didn't slide around as much.

The top case snapped on very easily, but I had to play around with the bottom case to install it; finally, snapped on. The case (black) looks great and gives the Pre some weight - doesn't feel as fragile. The loosness between the two halves, while not all-together gone, is noticeably less (also mentioned previously). I feel less insecure about dropping the Pre.

When I first bought my Pre, I purchased a cheap e-bay case to go with it - nice enough, but required two hands to remove the phone. So, I went in for the spring clip holster . . . so far it's great. I can remove the phone with one hand, it feels solidly snapped in, and it seems (could be wishful thinking) like less of a footprint than most cases - less obtrusive.

Anyway, that's my take. There will probably be better accessories out there in the future, but that's the risk you take buying early - look at the phone, already $50 less.
    based on this thread, i got the seidio case and screen guard for my wife and i. after install, everything was great.

now about 2 days later, my phone has a nasty scratch on the USG right in the freaking center. i didn't drop it, i didn't toss it in a bag, i didn't do anything out of the ordinary. what a disappointment. the morale of the story: if you have the USG from seidio, I recommend you treat it very gingerly unless you want to keep shelling out $10 every month for a replacement.

on the other hand, maybe mine was just faulty or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by mw03 View Post
    based on this thread, i got the seidio case and screen guard for my wife and i. after install, everything was great.

now about 2 days later, my phone has a nasty scratch on the USG right in the freaking center. i didn't drop it, i didn't toss it in a bag, i didn't do anything out of the ordinary. what a disappointment. the morale of the story: if you have the USG from seidio, I recommend you treat it very gingerly unless you want to keep shelling out $10 every month for a replacement.

Hello,

We are sorry about your experience with our Ultimate Screen Guards and would like to help! Please PM us your order information and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!

Seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by mw03 View Post

My first thought when you said you had a scratch right in the middle of the SG, wow good thing you had the SG. Lots cheaper replacing the SG than the screen.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    For those of you who are worried about protecting the phone AND getting good connection to TS, isn't it a lot better to just put a full-body skin on the Pre and call it a day? For that matter, wouldn't a screen-only shield from InvisiShield be just about as good? After all, even if you drop the phone and damage the TS back, you're only talking about a $20 replacement. Does this Seidio case really provide that much more protection to make it worth all this trouble? I'm just saying - these new skins are pretty durable. I think we may be trying a bit too hard here...
    I have two questions. Hope they haven't been asked too many times, but the thread is just too long to check.

First, how easy is it to get off? I had a RocketFish and when it came time to remove it I felt like I would break the phone. And I did break a tab off of the case itself. Can the Innocase be swapped on and off with greater ease?

More importantly, does it do much for the oreo or screen wiggle? Say what you will about RocketFish, it made the phone sturdy. It removed a lot of the oreo effect, and it removed ALL of the wiggle at the top of the phone where I have a fairly large gap. After taking it off, it really sucks to have the phone move in your hands when you tape a menu item in the top corner. And now when I hold it up to my ear I can feel it twisting and stuff in my hand. Will the Innocase work as well as the RocketFish as reducing this?

For $10 more and having to return it by mail, I'm a little worried about these two things. After I get my 1400mah battery I might just re-buy the RocketFish, or spring for this.

And what's this about the top portion popping off all the time? I think I prefer the RocketFish's permanent attachment and annoying battery door issue to this sort of thing.
    Last edited by AdmiralViscen; 08/16/2009 at 01:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralViscen View Post
    I have two questions. Hope they haven't been asked too many times, but the thread is just too long to check.

First, how easy is it to get off? I had a RocketFish and when it came time to remove it I felt like I would break the phone. And I did break a tab off of the case itself. Can the Innocase be swapped on and off with greater ease?

More importantly, does it do much for the oreo or screen wiggle? Say what you will about RocketFish, it made the phone sturdy. It removed a lot of the oreo effect, and it removed ALL of the wiggle at the top of the phone where I have a fairly large gap. After taking it off, it really sucks to have the phone move in your hands when you tape a menu item in the top corner. And now when I hold it up to my ear I can feel it twisting and stuff in my hand. Will the Innocase work as well as the RocketFish as reducing this?

For $10 more and having to return it by mail, I'm a little worried about these two things. After I get my 1400mah battery I might just re-buy the RocketFish, or spring for this.

And what's this about the top portion popping off all the time? I think I prefer the RocketFish's permanent attachment and annoying battery door issue to this sort of thing.
    To answer your last question first, the new ones don't pop off. I had the misfortune to first get one of the cases where the top half easily released the one of the lower corners when sliding the phone open. this issue has been fixed. The company rep on this forum was good enough to handle the whole exchange for me. My new case fits perfectly and hasn't released yet.

When I had to change the case out for the new one, the front piece came off easily(see above). The back took a little bit of effort, but not much. The tabs did not break off and I could have put it back on if I had needed to.

Your other questions about the "oreo" effect I can't help with. My phone doesn't have this problem.
    Thanks for the info.

Does Seidio give you a shipping label for their returns, or do you have to pay your own way to send the item back?
    Has anyone else had the pin that holds the belt clip on to the back of the holster fall out?

This happened once right after I got the holster, but I was able to slide the pin back in before it fell all the way out. It happened again today at work and I lost the pin. IMHO, it's a bad design that the only thing that's keeping it from sliding out is the pressure from the spring. The Rocketfish case seemed better in that regard and it surrounded the Pre more, but Seidio's retaining clip that holds the Pre to the holster is better.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    After the review this seems quite solid. I'm really considering this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92
    Has anyone else had the pin that holds the belt clip on to the back of the holster fall out?

This happened once right after I got the holster, but I was able to slide the pin back in before it fell all the way out. It happened again today at work and I lost the pin. IMHO, it's a bad design that the only thing that's keeping it from sliding out is the pressure from the spring. The Rocketfish case seemed better in that regard and it surrounded the Pre more, but Seidio's retaining clip that holds the Pre to the holster is better.
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products and we are sorry about your experience! This is definitely an isolated incident as we haven't notice many concerns with the holsters. Please PM me your order information and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralViscen View Post
    Thanks for the info.

Does Seidio give you a shipping label for their returns, or do you have to pay your own way to send the item back?
    I thought they were going to send a label based on the reps email, but they didn't include one. I'm waiting for a response from the rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products and we are sorry about your experience! This is definitely an isolated incident as we haven't notice many concerns with the holsters. Please PM me your order information and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!
    Thanks!

After the 1st incident, I should have found a hot glue gun or something to block the pin from moving, but it was late when it happened and I forgot about it.
    Hi all, new here first post. I just purchased a seidio innocase and was wondering if the clips that hook on to the phone, prematurely loosen the two halves by creating more of a gap than came with the phone? My phone is brand new from palm and has none of the wide spaces and slider problems, and i want to avoid having the case cause any. It seems to me like there is no room for a case to clip on too, and it will push the two halves apart when it does clip on leading to premature slider wear and spacing. If anyone is experiencing this or has any feedback plz write back. Thank you.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    sanding the case might work w/ a bodyguardz but after i took the innocase off i realized i really like the size of the pre w/o it :/

i'm going to run with just the bodyguardz and give the innocase to my mom (she bought a pre too). the innocase is a nice product but i like the bodyguardz too much to work without it. my mom will probably love it.

what they need to make is a touchstone back that extends out around the phone to the width of the front case cover. having a battery back AND a case back is totally unnecessary on this phone
    Quote Originally Posted by howieb View Post
    Hi all, new here first post. I just purchased a seidio innocase and was wondering if the clips that hook on to the phone, prematurely loosen the two halves by creating more of a gap than came with the phone? My phone is brand new from palm and has none of the wide spaces and slider problems, and i want to avoid having the case cause any. It seems to me like there is no room for a case to clip on too, and it will push the two halves apart when it does clip on leading to premature slider wear and spacing. If anyone is experiencing this or has any feedback plz write back. Thank you.
    I don't see this happening. The tabs holding the case on the Pre are so small and narrow they fit into the thin seam between the two halves of the phone. I haven't noticed any increase in the dreaded Oreo effect. I didn't have it when I got my phone and still don't.
    So i got my Innocase and USG in the mail yesterday! Was so excited to get home!

Got home, applied both (somewhat easily)

I had the ZAGG Invisishield on mine from day 5, and it just felt Sticky to any touch. The USG is way better, glassy. Feels just like the pre without a shield on top..

The only complaint i had is that it has some bubbles, even with the credit card trick and using a little tool my dad uses when he adds labels to DVDs, and the case doesnt cover perfectly. Was a little dirty from the start.

Anyone getting the Innocase..Black is nice, but looks almost cheap. I recommend the Saphire Blue..really nice touch to your new Palm Pre. I bet burgundy would have been nice 2
    My Oreo effect was actually stopped by the new case...it makes the Pre much more...idk Ridgid?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Very pleased with my innocase. Adds nice grip to the phone.

The first one I got had an issue with the lower right corner of the front ring popping off. Seidio sent an advanced replacement no questions asked and free of charge.

I had a USG but tried to be a perfectionist and ended up having to toss it. I applied it a little too high so the very top wasn't sticking. I peeled it off and when to reapply it, sure enough got crap stuck to the bottom side.

I'll be ordering another one, was just a dumb move on my part.

So overall, Seidio + Pre = great
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast