Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Sheesh I was a little worried with my order after reading the TS problems and the popping off, smallish tabs etc.

Well I just want to say that I am using the Innocase with an IS that I trimmed the corners on. My snapped on firm and is sticking to the TS MUCH better than I expected. I can actually lift my phone by the sides and the TS stays connected to it.

Mine was shipped on the 21st and ordered on the 17th. I received it today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    got the innocase today. since i have the tough stone i installed the bottum without out is and with no issues.

the top would not snap on until i slid open the kb.

typing with the case on is squishy.

putting the pre on the touchstone is hit and miss. and once you got it on, it will slide off once the pre starts vibrating because of notifications. all you hear is the ding ding ding of the pre charging not charging. uhg.

made a phone call, and the top popped off.

uhg x2. fail seidio. i havent purchase stuff from them for a long while, now i remember why.
    Hello,

We are sorry about your experience. We have fixed the Top Cover getting loose issue with newest batch, please forward us your order information and we will be more than glad to get you a replacement!

As far as the squishy keyboard issue, did you leave the spacer inside the case? If you are using the Touchstone door, please remember to remove the spacer. Or keep it in if you are using the glossy door.

For some tips on installing and keeping your top cover on, please refer to this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman
    I got my case and SG today. I couldn't wait to install them assuming the new batch of cases had the fix for the top of the case popping off. I followed the directions included. I made sure all tabs clicked into place. I could both hear and feel the click as the last two moved into place.

I am very disappointed to report it is worse than reported. Most people are reporting the right lower corner popping off with sliding the KB open. For me it depends on where I press to open. If I am right of the center ball, the right side comes off. From the ball left, the left side won't hold. I tried pushing on the screen and not the case, doesn't matter. There doesn't seem to be anyway to open the KB without the top coming lose.

The SG does have a nice feel. I am glad I bought the two back though. The first slipped out of my fingers and landed screen side down. I have a dog so you can imagine it is trash. The second went better but I do have some bubbles. It appears you need a sterile completely dust free environment. It seems my bubbles are from tiny specks invisible to the naked eye. I then made the situation worse by trying to lift the lower right corner hoping I might be able to blow them out. I know, not a good move. Not only didn't the specks blow out, now the lower right corner won't stick back down.

The one bright spot to me is the touchstone compatibility. I feel it is a good connection with the case on. I haven't gotten any notifications so I don't know if the vibration will make it slide off.

I do like the size and feel of the case, it was exactly what I was looking for. However, I think I will be asking for a refund. The top seems to be too flexible so it pops off. Right now I feel this was the worse $45 I've spent in awhile.
    Again, we are sorry about the Cover and want to emphasize again that the new batch have addressed the issue. Our product engineers slid open and close the phones all day to make sure that this case works!

Please PM us your order information and we will be more than happy to assist you in getting a replacement for the Innocase and Ultimate Screen Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by j.wolfe77
    I ordered it 4 days before it came out. Was happy as hell to gey it. It looks really nice. But after a few days every time id pull the phone out of my pockey the front screen cover would fall off. Im returning. It also looses alot of the magnification on the touchstone. I woke up a couple days to find that my phone had slid off and didnt charge all the way.
    We have determined that as long as you properly install your case and find a "sweet spot" for Touchstone, everything should work fine! We have ours constantly on the Touchstone with the cases and haven't any issues. Please let us know if you have any more questions.
    Yeah, mine isn't falling off the Touchstone or anything, I'd just prefer it to be held just a little stronger, hence the magnet experimentation (and they're so cheap, if it doesn't work, oh well).
    I am grateful for your reply. I am distressed however, that bad cases may still be going out. I ordered mine 7/20 after assurances that the problem had been fixed. I assumed the new cases would have shipped on Tuesday when mine went out. I will PM you shortly after I have found my order number. I am willing to give the case one more try, but if the replacement still doesn't work, I will be requesting the refund.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

We are sorry about your experience. We have fixed the Top Cover getting loose issue with newest batch, please forward us your order information and we will be more than glad to get you a replacement!

As far as the squishy keyboard issue, did you leave the spacer inside the case? If you are using the Touchstone door, please remember to remove the spacer. Or keep it in if you are using the glossy door.

For some tips on installing and keeping your top cover on, please refer to this thread!

Again, we are sorry about the Cover and want to emphasize again that the new batch have addressed the issue. Our product engineers slid open and close the phones all day to make sure that this case works!

Please PM us your order information and we will be more than happy to assist you in getting a replacement for the Innocase and Ultimate Screen Guard!

We have determined that as long as you properly install your case and find a "sweet spot" for Touchstone, everything should work fine! We have ours constantly on the Touchstone with the cases and haven't any issues. Please let us know if you have any more questions.
    So if it was a new batch, why did I get today one that had the same problem. Customer service was really nice today and said they would ship a new one out. I just received the Innocase today and it had the problem of the bottom right on front not staying snapped. So somehow I got shipped one that was not fixed? Hopefully the next one I get will be the fixed version.
    I received mine today and it was shipped on the 20th as well and I am having issues with the front bottom right staying on also. The gap between the two innocase halves is not even along the bottom edge when installed on the phone. One side is wider than the other. Looks like I got a miss cut. My bottom half does not fit flush with the phone so there is a slight gap there as well. I really love the feel and design of the case, well worth the weight (jury is out on the price tag). It's good to see seidio stand behind their product, I might have to put that to the test and see what they have to say about it.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    can the Seidio Innocase work with the Touchstone?
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JReel View Post
    can the Seidio Innocase work with the Touchstone?
    Yes, only if you hit the sweet spot. (thats what she said)
    yeah, the elusive sweet spot, and then when you start getting notification and the phone vibrates, you loose the sweet spot.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I have experience major problems with the return department at Seidio due to my case that broke tabs with less than a full 24hrs of use. If handled directly thru their RMA dept I get short responses with little to no concern of their customers satisfaction, far different that than the Seidio representative on this board.

To make matters worse they only allow a 7 day return policy - FROM THE TIME THEY EMAIL YOU A RMA #

you can hardly get them to receive the package with standard shipping in that amount of time.

Usps for some reason delivered my return to an address that must have been on their shipping label Augustine FL. Now I doubt that I will be receiving my refund thanks to Usps's screw up, and Seidio's ridiculously short return time that doesn't allow me to get Usps to correct their error.

Very unsatisfied with my Seidio experience.
    Anyone notice that the innocase is a finger print magnet. It attracts the oil from your fingers. What is the best way to clean it?
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    Anyone notice that the innocase is a finger print magnet. It attracts the oil from your fingers. What is the best way to clean it?

Microfiber cloth should be the best option
    i just received my innocase and i am very pleased with it. THANK YOU SEIDIO!
    I think its finally time for me to get a case for my Pre thanks OP your review was very helpfull will be ordering mine tonight i loved the Extended battery and hybrid hadcase for my treo cant wait to get an Innocase for my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah I don't think they'll fix that either... though maybe they will make a version with something like this built into the back: SuperMagnetMan Magnets

I'm almost thinking of picking up a handful to see if I can put them outside the Pre but inside the case to see if that'll help or not.

Edit: the Touchstone back's magnets are around 6mm diameter. I think I'm going to pick up 4 of the 4mm diameter, 0.5mm thick discs, and 4 of the 6mm, 1mm thick ones and see which, if any, I can make fit.
    Okay, so as mentioned, I bought the 4mm,0.5mm discs and the 6mm,1mm discs. Not affiliated with the store but they had the thinnest ones I could find. For the record, they made me buy a 25 minimum for the 4mm ones, and 10 minimum for the 6mm ones. Even still, before shipping the total was $5.20 for those. (I bought some slightly bigger ones to play around with too. )

I tried the thicker ones first. I took off the Innocase, and then took off the Touchstone back to check that I was lining them up correctly, and put the magnets on the outside of the Touchstone back, then snapped the back on, and then put the back piece of the Innocase on. It was a little hard to snap on the case but it eventually latched on. I put the Pre on the Touchstone, and wow, that was held on there tight. Definitely felt more like the standard 'connection' between the magnets. However, I couldn't get it to charge, so I switched to the thinner ones. The thinner ones helped as well, but definitely not quite as much, and I got them to charge right away.

I went back to the thicker ones, and found that it WILL still charge the Pre, it's just a little finicky. It seems that it WILL charge the Pre, it's just got to be in exactly the right position (worse than with the thin magnets or without the case) probably because of all the extra space between the charging stuff and the Touchstone. For now, I'm leaving it like it is now, but I might switch back to the thinner ones.

The other issue is that the magnets slide around in that thin layer of space. But, I still think that it does help, so I'll be keeping some in there. The thinner ones seemed they had less issues but weren't as strong, I don't know which I'll end up using.

Edit:

Pre in Innocase on Touchstone:
    Pre in Innocase on Touchstone with 0.5mm magnets:

And, where the 1mm ones ended up by the time I was done testing:

Last edited by jhoff80; 07/25/2009 at 11:49 AM.
    Jhoff80,

What about these 10mm dia x 0.5mm thick ?

Any opinions on how they might compare to the ones you used?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    Jhoff80,

What about these 10mm dia x 0.5mm thick ?

Any opinions on how they might compare to the ones you used?
    Didn't notice them in the store, I was mostly focusing on the N50 grade stuff, but it does appear that the 10mm ones you linked to have a little over double the pull force. The Touchstone back's magnets are around 6-7mm in diameter, so 10mm is definitely larger, but I don't know if it's too large or not. If you decide to pick those up, I'd get the smaller ones I used as a backup maybe. The perfect ones would be 6 or 7mm diameter and 0.5mm thick, but I couldn't find those anywhere.

I don't actually use a Touchstone in the car or anything, so I can't tell you if it'd stay there with the 4mm x 0.5mm ones I used, but I'd suspect it'd stay pretty well like that too.

To put it another way, I don't know if you've tried my Earthquake demo, but I ran that program and put my Pre with the 4mmx0.5mm magnets on my spare (for now) Touchstone. When I started reaching a magnitude of around 3.2, that's when the Pre started getting a little loose (it pulled off once and snapped back on a second later).
    Any reason why you placed two magnets in opposite corners, instead of one in each of the four corners?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegan99 View Post
    Any reason why you placed two magnets in opposite corners, instead of one in each of the four corners?
    I didn't.

The 1mm ones moved around between the case and the Touchstone back on their own. They started in the 4 corners. The 0.5mm ones didn't make enough space to do that.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    ok. so i got my seidio PREORDERED case a while back and the top tab broke off in less than 24 hours of use. contacted seidio. com and they sent me a new one, provided that i send the bad one back. now i got the new one and i am having the "pop off" issue.

everytime i slide the keyboard up from the bottom of the phone, the front part of the case pops off. FYI, my replacement was shipped on 7/21. Maybe I got a remainder of the old batch because it was gonna be an RMA?

i dunno. but i still havent sent back the first one. they gave it to me with a USPS return sticker. Can i just slap the sticker on and drop it in the mailbox or do i have to go to the post office to have them ship it?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast