Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 152
  1. Ronno971's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #21  
    I am having a booger of a time keeping it on the touchstone with the case. It will ding and stop charging by itself.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by lstrike View Post
    In the past some of the old jelly cases and the like have causes scratches to the phone themselves. Dust and stuff getting between the case and phone and then the rubber having a bit of give causing scratches etc.

    Seems like these fit pretty snug. For the people that have them does it seem like it will cause scratching on its own? I am about to pull the trigger I love how thin it is!
    I'm also wondering this. I had a BB Curve before and all kind of dirt would get in between case & phone and scratch up the back. I just installed a Clear-coat shield on front and back and glad to hear from another poster that the case will still fit.

    Another question, is the accessibility of the slider button (reg/vibrate) at top affected? I bought a cheapy silicon skin and it's about 1.5-2mm thick and it's difficult to get to that button. Needless to say, I will be returning it.
  3. haunt's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #23  
    I got my case a few days ago, one of the face plate tabs have already broken. pretty awesome design, pretty terrible quality. 2 days is BS and $30 for this cheap of quality makes it worse. I don't know how you guys just deal with it popping off and not have some complaints.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by haunt View Post
    I got my case a few days ago, one of the face plate tabs have already broken. pretty awesome design, pretty terrible quality. 2 days is BS and $30 for this cheap of quality makes it worse. I don't know how you guys just deal with it popping off and not have some complaints.
    Mine doesn't just pop off. It seems to stay put. But again, the hyping of "it working with the Touchstone" is a little disheartening. It always slides off! My only negative at this point. At least now though, I am comfortable of letting it sit in my pocket by itself.
  5. Hook_em's Avatar
    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
       #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDynasty View Post
    Mine doesn't just pop off. It seems to stay put. But again, the hyping of "it working with the Touchstone" is a little disheartening. It always slides off! My only negative at this point. At least now though, I am comfortable of letting it sit in my pocket by itself.
    I am not going to lie, it does take some practice getting this thing to stay on the touchstone, but if you fiddle with it, it WILL stick and not fall off (you just have to get good at placing the back perfectly to align the magnets).

    It does work...I mean what do you expect though? The case adds distance between the magnets so of course magnetism is reduced...the more practice you get the better you will be at placing the phone perfectly on the touchstone's magnets
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by haunt
    I got my case a few days ago, one of the face plate tabs have already broken. pretty awesome design, pretty terrible quality. 2 days is BS and $30 for this cheap of quality makes it worse. I don't know how you guys just deal with it popping off and not have some complaints.
    Hello,

    We are sorry to hear about that! Please forward me your order information and we will see to it that you are taken care of. Haven't heard of this breaking much at all so this should be an isolated case of a defective case, sorry again and please forward me your information!
  7. #27  
    Just wondering about alternatives with using the Innocase with a car mounted Touchstone....has anyone tried to use rare earth magnets on the inside of the backcover of the Innocase? Would the magnet fit and would it increase the magnetic pull of the Pre+Innocase to the Touchstone if mounted in a car? Anyone with such experiences would be appreciated...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8. jsa334's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #28  
    Great review and following comments on thread. I ordered the case and protector last week. Site indicated it was shipping (black one) however got email indicating its back ordered. So waiting but not sure for how long!!
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsa334 View Post
    Great review and following comments on thread. I ordered the case and protector last week. Site indicated it was shipping (black one) however got email indicating its back ordered. So waiting but not sure for how long!!
    Shipping will resume today (7/20) or tomorrow. Thank you for the patience.

    Seidio
  10. SDash's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    #30  
    That's good to hear, but I was wondering, is the back case difficult to take off, in the case that you would have to remove the battery?


    Secondly, will it blend?
  11. haunt's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

    We are sorry to hear about that! Please forward me your order information and we will see to it that you are taken care of. Haven't heard of this breaking much at all so this should be an isolated case of a defective case, sorry again and please forward me your information!
    I will PM you my order number as soon as I get my post count enough PM
  12. PreGk's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    #32  
    I have to ask: anyone have both th rocketfish and innocase? I'm using a rocketfish from bestbuy and it is made well and doing great...would love a comparison.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Just wondering about alternatives with using the Innocase with a car mounted Touchstone....has anyone tried to use rare earth magnets on the inside of the backcover of the Innocase? Would the magnet fit and would it increase the magnetic pull of the Pre+Innocase to the Touchstone if mounted in a car? Anyone with such experiences would be appreciated...
    i thanked you because of the photo in your avatar


    go canes!
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook_em View Post
    My first impressions:

    Total installation time: 10 minutes (if you are being cautious...if not, shouldn't take more than 5)

    Score:

    Ease of installation of both products: 4.5/5 (ymmv)

    Satisfaction: 5/5

    It is so refreshing to feel like my Pre is finally 'sturdy'. Go buy this if you already havent.

    (sorry if some of the picture quality is not great, I'm not good with the digital camera...I really make the USG look bad in some instances but trust me, it's not).
    I hope your getting commission on this. I just ordered both!
  15. #35  
    Why don't they just make a hole on the back to allow for a good Touchstone contact. It can be one of those hole's that pop out. So if you do not have a Touchstone you leave it as is. If you have a Touchstone, just pop out the hole (like a donut hole) and then you have a perfect Touchstone case.

    And I doubt it would make the case any less safe with the hole there, all of the sides are covered.

    I am using one of those jelly cases, that I was going to throw out, but I just used some Photo Mount spray to make the inside of case a little stick so it would stay on. And I can rub off the glue if I don't like it. (It sticky as PostIT note, that's all) And yes, I can too use the Touchstone at the sweet point.

    But I'm going to cut a hole myself.

    Maybe they should design the case, so that the part that needs the Touchstone is very very thin, this way it can hold better, if you don't like the hole cutout idea.

    I tend to like the jelly cases better because I have more grip, just like my old Treo (which fell on the sidewalk all the time with no damage, but I doubt the Pre can ever handle a drop).

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  16. vnmous1's Avatar
    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by DUTO View Post
    will this case still snap on if you are using a ZAGG invisibleshield-type skin on it?

    No....it will not unless your ZAGG was on absolutely, 100% perfectly. If there is so much as the proverbial hair overlapping the edge of the case (top or bottom) the little "arms" that snap over the edges of the case will not be able to do so.

    I have seen maybe 1 out of 10 Invisible Shields installed perfectly. As the OP said, this one from Seidio is actually great and I HIGHLY recommend it over the ZAGG product.

    If you've been a Palm Treo user the Seidio shield is like that high-quality $12 shield for the Treos (the Palm branded piece) versus the "cut to fit" ones.

    Not to get off subject, but the ZAGG piece is overkill, overpriced and their warranty/guarantee looks great til you have to use it. The hoops you jump through are a PITA and they know it, thus they offer it, assumming you won't deal with it.

    I also bought the belt clip that goes with the Innocase. Nice piece. I've previously been a VajaCases user and that'll spoil anyone. Unfortunately, Vaja's idea for the Pre sucks.

    Overall, this is a 100% positive experience with Seidio.

    bj
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by trucanes99 View Post
    i thanked you because of the photo in your avatar


    go canes!
    Here we go again...

    Anyway, it appears my order from Thursday shipped out today, and I'm now watching it in PreTracker.
  18. Coinstock's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

    We are sorry to hear about that! Please forward me your order information and we will see to it that you are taken care of. Haven't heard of this breaking much at all so this should be an isolated case of a defective case, sorry again and please forward me your information!
    Unfortunately, I have had the same thing happen to me. I was putting the faceplate on, and lo and behold, when I snapped all the corners on, I found that the upper right hand tab had been broken off. Truly upsetting.

    I just found your post and figured I should let you know.
  19. haunt's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by draconus View Post
    Unfortunately, I have had the same thing happen to me. I was putting the faceplate on, and lo and behold, when I snapped all the corners on, I found that the upper right hand tab had been broken off. Truly upsetting.

    I just found your post and figured I should let you know.
    FYI, I'd go thru seidio on this forum to get your refund...the RMA dept in Houston is terrible.
  20. jaystory9's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #40  
    the front right bottom tab on my innocase keeps popping off. Looking at it, out of the four tabs on the front protector of the innocase, the right one is about 1 or 2 mm shorter then the other tabs and no matter what I do, it doesn't stay clipped on. I LOVE the USG and was amazed at how easy it was to install, it probably took me 30 seconds to put it in perfectly straight one try, no bubbles. The back casing of the innocase snapped on perfectly and no complaints, but I knew all of this was too good to be true when the front right bottom tab of the innocase wont stay on at all because there is nothing for it to snap on to! What a shame...i had high hopes for this case. Not sure what I'm goina do now...
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions