Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I have a 2009 Acura TSX with handfree link. The Pre, for the most part, works great. Once paired, I am able to import the phone book, the sound quality is clear and clean, and people can't tell I'm not talking on the handset. I can initiate phone calls from the handsfree controls without any problems. BUT....

...I can't hang up the phone with the steering wheel controls. I have to dig out the phone to hang it up from the touch screen. I have tried three other phones, (Blackberry, iPhone, HTC) and all work fine.

Is anyone else having, or had this problem? Did you find a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-T
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I have an 05 TL and it works perfectly!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awcfy6 View Post
    I have an 05 TL and it works perfectly!
    Also have 05 TL and I'm able to hang up with the steering wheel. One issue I do have is that even when I'm already paired I sometimes have to "transfer" calls I make from the phone over to the car handsfree system.
    I have an 07 TSX and ran into the same issue. All I did was delete the phone from the car and add it right back. For some reason it worked for me, but logically it makes no sense.

Good luck.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I have an '09 TL, and was planning to pair it this weekend... I hope I don't have the same issues. I'll report if I do.
    I have an 07 RDX and it works fine.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I have a 09 TL and it works well. Only mishap sometimes is that it shows that the pre is connected but won't let me actually use it. I have to turn of BT on the Pre then re-enable it and it works fine. Just and FYI, if you try to use the nav and wonder why you don't hear anything. It's coming through the BT Aux in the car. Took me a week to bloody figure that out. But Nav + Pandora is amazing.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    So I have a 2004 TL and it was locking up during pairing. I would put my pin in the car. Then when going to pair on the phone side, the HFL would lock up. I tried many times with the same result.

My question is, what version of software were you all using during pairing? 1.04? Did people have issues with early releases of software that were addresses in later updates?

Just curious to see if I have any hope at all...

I might go try to pair it again now that 1.1 is out, but if it locks up I have to go through the fun activity of disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes.
    06 tsx and havent seen any problems on 1.04
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I have an 09 TSX w/ navi and have the same issue hanging up from the steering wheel. Going to try deleting all phones from HFL and readding just the pre this afternoon to see if this works
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    deleted my old phone, still wouldnt hang up
    deleted pre, and re-added.... still not hanging up

seems like it is putting the calls on hold instead
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Tried the 1.1 FW and my 04 Acura TL still lockups during pairing.

I think the Pre working with my car is just a pipe dream that will never become reality.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamaru View Post
    I have a 2009 Acura TSX with handfree link. The Pre, for the most part, works great. Once paired, I am able to import the phone book, the sound quality is clear and clean, and people can't tell I'm not talking on the handset. I can initiate phone calls from the handsfree controls without any problems. BUT....

...I can't hang up the phone with the steering wheel controls. I have to dig out the phone to hang it up from the touch screen. I have tried three other phones, (Blackberry, iPhone, HTC) and all work fine.

Is anyone else having, or had this problem? Did you find a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-T
    I have a 08 TL and I have the same issue. If I try to hang up the call from the steering wheel it actually puts the call on hold. The funny thing is there isnt a way to put a call on hold on the phone. You can mute but no hold.
    I was able to pair my phone to my 2007 Acura TL Type S with no problems. However, I do have the problem where I cannot end the call by pressing the 'End' button on my steering wheel.

I've tried deleting and re-pairing my phone with no luck. I've even tried resetting my phone after the FW 1.1 update but I still have the same issue.

TheNip73 - when pairing with your Pre, did you touch "Add device"? Then it should find HandsFreeLink TM and prompt you for your passcode. For me, if I don't touch "Add device" then it will continue to search.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyp112 View Post
    I was able to pair my phone to my 2007 Acura TL Type S with no problems. However, I do have the problem where I cannot end the call by pressing the 'End' button on my steering wheel.

I've tried deleting and re-pairing my phone with no luck. I've even tried resetting my phone after the FW 1.1 update but I still have the same issue.

TheNip73 - when pairing with your Pre, did you touch "Add device"? Then it should find HandsFreeLink TM and prompt you for your passcode. For me, if I don't touch "Add device" then it will continue to search.
    Same car, same problem. I contacted both Palm & Acura a little over a month ago about this issue. Palm said they would hand the problem over to engineering. Acura says they hadn't received the Pre for testing.

I wouldn't wait on a fix for this one. I'm guessing I'll just have to get used to either waiting for the other person to hang up or hang up from the phone.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Same problem, 07 TL Type S, puts the call on hold and I punch if out on the touch screen, or else it drops when the line closes. Odd problem, I mean, Bluetooth is Bluetooth. There should not be any room for "translation error".
    I have an 08 tsx and have no problems hanging up, but I do have a problem switching calls when I get a call on call waiting...anyone else have that problem. I have webos 1.1 and a non-navi tsx.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    ITS WORKING NOW!!

updated to webOS 1.2 and now my '09 TSX w/ navi is able to hang up from the steering wheel button
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Yep, the update renabled my Acura's "hang up" button. Command of the Pre also seems faster overall when using Acura Hands Free now, not sure it that's a fact or a faulty observation. Nice to end calls cleanly again.
    I have a 06 TL and for the most part, I've been able to use BT without a hitch (answer calls via steering, end calls, etc.). Since 1.2.1, I notice the option to transfer contacts but thus far, I've been unable to get this to work. Anyone been able to figure this out??

tx,
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast