Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You need to make sure your car kit is in the mode to allow transfer of contacts.
    Do you own an Acura TL? What car kit are you speaking of?? I'm talking about the built in factory system. As far as I know, there isn't a mode to allow transfer contacts. If there is I would be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by bd5times View Post
    You need to make sure your car kit is in the mode to allow transfer of contacts.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I find that if you run into trouble with your phone, doing a "system clear" and redoing everything will solve lots of issues. I have a 05 TL and calls work great. Just wish it had A2DP!
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    1.2.1 fixed everything....now 1.3.1 kind of messed things up. Sound quality was perfect, now the person on the other end is complaining of an echo. And when you hang up there is a very loud, high pitch beep.
    Hmmmm... I have an 07 MDX, and my Pre still works great after the update.

Sorry that you're having problems again; hopefully you can get this sorted out quickly.

Regards,
    Adam
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I had the same problem - the nuisance of not being able to hang up and the phone wouldn't unlock. My only method of hanging up was to pull the battery since the phone would never go to the unlock screen. When I upgraded to 1.2.1, it was all fixed.

I haven't tried since I upgraded to 1.3.1 yesterday.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Thanks for the feedback. Maybe it was a fluke.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vizi View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Maybe it was a fluke.
    So the hanging up works fine for me. But the sound quality is absolutely atrocious! Found out that it's not only in the car but on my bluetooth headsets also (BlueAnt Q1 and the Moto H500 -- old, I know). I'm really half tempted to go back down to 1.2.1.

Btw, the beeping you're hearing at the end of calls in your car, that's the phone's disconnect sound. If you notice, when somebody hangs up, your Pre will beep for about a second to signify disconnected. On your next phone call, wait for the other party to hang up and then you'll hear the beep. Its nice to have when you have dropped calls and you don't look like an ***** wondering why the other person isn't responding.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I guess I should have started anothet thread to avoid the confusion. I dint have the hang up problem anymore, but the sound quality has taken a nose dive. Everything worked great previous to this update.

Come on June 6th!!! I'm getting tired of being a crash test dummy.
    Quote Originally Posted by vizi View Post
    I guess I should have started anothet thread to avoid the confusion. I dint have the hang up problem anymore, but the sound quality has taken a nose dive. Everything worked great previous to this update.

Come on June 6th!!! I'm getting tired of being a crash test dummy.
    What headset are you having problems with?
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    It's the Acura HFL for a 2007 TL TypeS.
    I was just able to do this yesterday despite many other failed attempts... here is the trick - right after you click on the "import cellular phone book" on your auto's menu screen, you need to switch to your actual Palm in your hand where it will ask you if you want to "allow" - you need to click yes and then the import will procede.
    Recently, however, I note that my Acura Link (connection to Acura server) has turned off and I cannot reconnect - seems tied in to the time that my XM radio subscription ended. Any input would be appreciated if there are Acura owners out there. My provider is Verizon. (p.s. - this is AJS26's wife - I am logged on in his account here.)
    had the same issue, thx for the tips
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12