Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    so, I've had an airave for a week or two, and so far, it's been great. but recently I've been noticing a recurring problem. During some incoming calls when I answer the phone, I can hear myself speaking (like an echo), but I can't hear the person who called me (they can hear me though). One time I hung up, and they called back, and the exact same thing happened. When I called them, it worked just fine. I have never noticed this happening on an outgoing call.

this has happened on more than just my phone while using the airave. Has anyone else experienced this? do I have a defective unit? If no one else has had this issue, I might give sprint a call.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I experienced the same problem two days ago. It happened three times in an hour. I restarted the Pre and the Airrave and all is well.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I get similar complaints. i have my volume too high
    The same thing is happening to me...a couple times yesterday and again this morning. The caller can hear me but the only thing I can hear on incoming calls is my echo.

It happens randomly, not with all incoming calls. Very strange.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfire070 View Post
    The same thing is happening to me...a couple times yesterday and again this morning. The caller can hear me but the only thing I can hear on incoming calls is my echo.

It happens randomly, not with all incoming calls. Very strange.
    did it just start recently?

Perhaps sprint gave out too many airaves, and their network is overloaded?

It's really annoying, because the airave was the only reason I stayed with sprint, otherwise I would have switched back to AT&T before my 30 days was up. sprint has horrible coverage where I live, but the airave was the most amazing product I've ever used, and I really hope this issue doesn't continue much longer. I reset my airave today, so I will report back if that helps.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    did it just start recently?
    I've had my Pre since 6/18, but first had this problem 3 days ago.

It just happened again about 15 minutes ago. I restarted the phone, asked my wife to call me, and the problem persisted. I turned off the Airave, and even with the marginal reception, the problem disappeared. It definitely seems Airave-related to me.
    I've been having the same issue ever since I got my Airave. Only affects incoming calls and not outgoing.
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    so, I've had an airave for a week or two, and so far, it's been great. but recently I've been noticing a recurring problem. During some incoming calls when I answer the phone, I can hear myself speaking (like an echo), but I can't hear the person who called me (they can hear me though). One time I hung up, and they called back, and the exact same thing happened. When I called them, it worked just fine. I have never noticed this happening on an outgoing call.

this has happened on more than just my phone while using the airave. Has anyone else experienced this? do I have a defective unit? If no one else has had this issue, I might give sprint a call.
    I've noticed this the past few days as well in my home...and not just with my Pre, everyone in the house has a different Sprint phone and all the phones are reacting the same. I thought it was just me!!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    well, even after rebooting it just happened to me about 10 minutes ago. It's becoming a serious issue, and it's definitely airave related. I haven't had this problem happen when I'm out and about, but I really cannot use a sprint phone at home without an airave.

I'm tempted to call sprint and try and get an exchange just to see if it will help. if not, I really don't know what to do.

since it seems to be a more recent issue though, I'm wondering if sprint messed somethign up on their end that's fixable. that would be nice, so I wouldn't have to do anything
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    As most of you already know, positioning, relative to the Airave is very important. I wanted it really close to me, in my Office. I have discovered in talking to Sprint Airave Tech Support that you should be at lease 15-20 feet from the Airave and the higher you can place the Airave, relative to your Phone, the better. Unfortunately my Router and Modem are in the Office also, and I can't get that far way, without leaving my Office, except to relocate the Cable input into the building.