1.    #1  
    Wanted to share this find with everyone.

If you purchase or purchased the exernal battery charger for the Palm Centro,

and

After getting your shiny new Palm Pre, you chose to keep one of your old Palm Treo/Centro AC chargers around for the memories, well, I have good news for you.

The Centro External battery charger charges up a Palm Pre Battery just fine - 100% charge.

That AC adapter for your Treo or Centro isn't destined for eBay any more! (DC charger fits too!)

Enjoy!
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 07/15/2009 at 09:57 PM.
    I can confirm this. I bought the external charger directly from Palm for the Pre. It had a different part number than the one for the Centro. When I received it, it had a sticker where the part number was printed. I peeled the sticker off to reveal a different part number. I did a search on Palm's site for the revealed part number and found out it was for the Centro charger. Gotta love that...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbpooch View Post
    I can confirm this. I bought the external charger directly from Palm for the Pre. It had a different part number than the one for the Centro. When I received it, it had a sticker where the part number was printed. I peeled the sticker off to reveal a different part number. I did a search on Palm's site for the revealed part number and found out it was for the Centro charger. Gotta love that...
    What adapter and connector does the "Pre" external charger use? I would suspect they replaced the old Treo/Centro charger connector with a micro USB connector.

Doesn't mean the Centro charger won't work, just means one has to use the Treo/Centro charger with the Centro's external charger to charge a Pre battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    What adapter and connector does the "Pre" external charger use? I would suspect they replaced the old Treo/Centro charger connector with a micro USB connector.

Doesn't mean the Centro charger won't work, just means one has to use the Treo/Centro charger with the Centro's external charger to charge a Pre battery.
    Guess what? The charger has both a micro usb and the old Treo connector on the back! So you can use either one.
    So I am assuming you have the official OEM Palm Centro external charger. Does it only have the Treo connector on the back? If so, that would mean Palm took exisitng stock, modified them by adding a micro-usb connector and slapped a sticker on them with a new part number. Seriously?
    can you put a battery on the puck(touchstone) without the phone attached?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnienyc View Post
    I was curious about the same question...
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnienyc View Post
    No can do.
    I wonder if my 700p dock (OEM Palm) will charge a Pre battery? I might try.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbpooch View Post
    So I am assuming you have the official OEM Palm Centro external charger. Does it only have the Treo connector on the back? If so, that would mean Palm took exisitng stock, modified them by adding a micro-usb connector and slapped a sticker on them with a new part number. Seriously?
    You got it!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I wonder if my 700p dock (OEM Palm) will charge a Pre battery? I might try.
    Nope, Connectors on the battery are different.
    Only model that's the same is the Centro.