Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjlee View Post
    I've had the replacement TS for a few days now and the problem hasn't recurred.

I'll give it a week before I consider the issue resolved.
    It's now been three months and still no problem. Seems that the second kit I got from Amazon is a good one.
    As of 12/27/09, my second Touchstone is dead! Put the phone on it and nothing happens at all. No charging indicator, no noise, no nothing. Put the cable directly onto phone and charges no problem. I'll try another Touchstone, but if it doesn't last I'm done!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    So for Christmas I recieved a dual location touchstone kit (back, 2 x TS, and palm charger cord). This was a gift from my mom, who ordered it from somewhere online. Both TS's charge the phone OK, but one of them is doing the hit 100% thing and then "bing" on and off that it is charging - Very annoying. The other TS hits 100% and just sits quietly fully charged. This is with the same Pre/back plate so seems pretty obvious it is the TS that is faulty.

Will I be able to just go to a sprint store and exchange the broken one, or will I have to figure out where these were ordered from and try to get them to handle it. The former of these options would be a lot easier I think...

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    My standalone TS came from Buy.com. Had the problem you described. Tried to take it back to Factory Sprint Store, but they wouldn't replace it without a receipt showing it had been purchased from them.

Frank Hamilton
    Count me in amongst the inflicted. My wife's recently purchased one does this. It is the touchstone as when I put my Pre on it it does not exhibit the problem.
    my brother got one from ebay and he never had any issues.
    Ebay has really good deals on this kind of stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by johnr396 View Post
    Count me in amongst the inflicted. My wife's recently purchased one does this. It is the touchstone as when I put my Pre on it it does not exhibit the problem.
    I meant to say my Pre DOES have the problem on that touchstone.
    I had received a second touchstone from Sprint and it had the same problem. I was in today to get my 3rd Pre (usb stress crack on 1st, volume button stopped working on 2nd) and brought my touchstone in. They checked it and it did the same thing for them. So they gave me a new one and it is working!

So now I have a working 3rd Pre and a working 3rd touchstone. I guess three times is the charm
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGJOHNB20 View Post
    So for Christmas I recieved a dual location touchstone kit (back, 2 x TS, and palm charger cord). This was a gift from my mom, who ordered it from somewhere online. Both TS's charge the phone OK, but one of them is doing the hit 100% thing and then "bing" on and off that it is charging - Very annoying. The other TS hits 100% and just sits quietly fully charged. This is with the same Pre/back plate so seems pretty obvious it is the TS that is faulty.

Will I be able to just go to a sprint store and exchange the broken one, or will I have to figure out where these were ordered from and try to get them to handle it. The former of these options would be a lot easier I think...
    Just wanted to update here what happened. I went into a radio shack and told them my situation. They scanned the box ans saw that the item was returns to the manuf. They were able to swap the broken touchstone with a new one with no receipt. I now have two perfectly working units.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I thought maybe I should start a new thread for this, but this is the closest I could fine when searching. My pre charges fine on all 3 of our touchstones, but my wifes has an issue. It will charge fine, but once it gets to 100% it stops charging and then never charges again, so that if you left it on it would eventually die. I have brightness unlinked set to run on restart so hers always shuts off the screen now, so that if she puts it on at night it still has pretty much a big enough charge to last the day, but it would be nice if it could be normal and be 100% after being on the charger all night. Has anyone else had or seen this problem? I assume it is a problem with her phone, not the touchstone's, as mine works fine on the same chargers.
    See This link for a possible solution.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567