Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Update here, just got mine replaced at bell. the new one works flawlessly. I think it might have something to do with the heat issue, as the new one is much cooler during the charging.
    Quote Originally Posted by chancekang View Post
    Update here, just got mine replaced at bell. the new one works flawlessly. I think it might have something to do with the heat issue, as the new one is much cooler during the charging.
    Did you replace the phone or the Touchstone back cover? I just ordered a new cover.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I've been experiencing the same problem with the Touchstone I bought from Amazon. The phone would charge up to 100%, but shortly afterwards, the problem would start.

To help narrow the problem, I brought my Touchstone into work so a co-worker (who isn't experiencing the problem on his Touchstone) could try his Pre on it. Sure enough, shortly after it reached 100%, the problem started.

This rules out a problem with the back cover, phone or battery. I'm going to send it back to Amazon to get a new Touchstone kit. I'm hoping that it isn't an issue with either the USB cable or wall adapter.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    im so anxious... my phone is charging on my brand new replacement touchstone that Amazon shipped to me (free overnight!!). it's at 90%. i cant wait till it hits 100 to see what happens. i really hope everything goes well.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    well, the new one just ding'ed for the third time now it's just not doing it as often. instead of about every 5 to 10 seconds, its how about every 5 minutes. this is really frustrating. maybe it's a problem with my phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Did you replace the phone or the Touchstone back cover? I just ordered a new cover.
    I replaced the touchstone back cover and the dock. As I am not sure which part caused this issue, so they just simply replaced both.
    My touchstone does this as well...ordered it from Amazon and installed a few days ago. VERY annoying, I am going to try a replacement
    The touchstone stopped working at all last night, I am going to work on sending it back today
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I've had my Pre for one week, and it just started dinging all night long and my husband is very annoyed with me! I think it is the OS and the charging cycle function. Can every TS be defective? I have 3 and they all ding now. And the phone shuts off. And locks after 30 seconds instead of 2 minutes as I configured it. It is haunted! But I still love the PRE!
    fwiw, i use a lot of lithium-type batteries (li-ion, li-poly, emoli, a-123) in my radio-controlled planes and helis...my chargers beep for 10-seconds or so when the battery is fully charged...it's an alert that the battery is ready for use...there's no 'trickle' function for lithium on the chargers...my touchstone is next to my computer keyboard...i charge with an iGo/a97/a138 tip in the car...both charge to 100% very quickly...no problems whatsoever...ken
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjlee View Post
    I've been experiencing the same problem with the Touchstone I bought from Amazon. The phone would charge up to 100%, but shortly afterwards, the problem would start.

To help narrow the problem, I brought my Touchstone into work so a co-worker (who isn't experiencing the problem on his Touchstone) could try his Pre on it. Sure enough, shortly after it reached 100%, the problem started.

This rules out a problem with the back cover, phone or battery. I'm going to send it back to Amazon to get a new Touchstone kit. I'm hoping that it isn't an issue with either the USB cable or wall adapter.
    I've had the replacement TS for a few days now and the problem hasn't recurred.

I'll give it a week before I consider the issue resolved.
    I just bought my TS from Bell and for the last two nights before I go to bed I put my Pre on the TS. The first time it only charged to 54% and didn't do anything for the remainder of the night. I took it off the TS, plugged it into the wall and within two hours it was fully charged.

Then last night I put the Pre on it's new bed, and when it reached 100% the ding-dong noise started and then stopped, then 1 minute later the ding-dong would come back, and then stop, then come back and stop, then......well you get the idea.

I took it off the charger and went the whole day with a good battery. I am getting ready to head off to bed now, so I will put my pre on the TS and see what happens.

I have since learned to simply turn the sounds off on my phone, and although I can't hear it, I can see it if I look at it when I wake up in the middle of the night.

I see another trip back to the Bell store for me.
    Update....

So I put my Pre on the TS last night and went to bed. When it was attached I got the ding-dong sound and the battery charging icon came on. All is good. I was at 40%

I woke up several hours later to find the same icon symbol, but this time I was at 65%....so far so good.

When I woke up this morning I was pleased to learn that the ding-dong sound was not acting as my alarm clock. I thought all was well until I took my phone off of the charger.

The battery icon still said that it was charging (remember it isn't attached anymore), and it showed that I was down to 12% battery.

I could be wrong here, but starting off at 40% before I went to bed, and getting up 6 hours later to find myslef down to 28% just doesn't seem right.

The only thing I could do was to shut the phone off and wait. After the few minutes of waiting, the phone started and I hooked it up directly to the AC adapter. All was good from that point on.

So it looks like I will be exchanging this for one that works.

More to come...........well possibly that is?
    Id just like to report I have this problem also, thoe I use it with the innocase surface so I just move the phone to a different postion and it doesn't seem to do it anymore.
    I just don't get mine has not done it for over three weeks. Last night twice, it seems the more I try to find the sweet spot the more it does it. I just let it hover and the magnets pull it down. I do use the innocase so I think its that.
    When this started happening.. actually its always been happening.. I downloaded the mute charging notification patch. Problem is that it doesnt remove the vibrate so now my phone vibrates to no end in the morning and wakes me up all the time. I have to take it off the charger. Sooooo annnoyingggg
    well hello there...

had the same problem with my pre...and yes its only 30 hours old
    i exchanged the stone today and bent up the pins a little. i'll tell you if it worked.
    talked to the sales rep btw. he told me there is an update to 1.1.4 coming in germany probably by the end of next week. and he mentioned the stone problem is software related.
    something about getting discharged until 98% and then charging again... palm might change that in a future update...
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I was so happy to receive my TS last night. But when i woke up this morning I got the ding-dong issue. what a bad morning for that to happen. I reseated the device, restarted the device, removed the battery and i am using an official palm USB and wall charger. still i set it down went in the kitchen and ding-ding...well i got so frustrated I throw it out of anger and split it in two...lol ohh well... better luck next time.
    sounds too easy to be true..... but if you fold a peice of computer paper up and place it between the touchstone and the pre it might work. Worked for me! i just need to tape it so it will stay! update, It really works!!
    anyone gonna reply? id like someone else to try it thats having the proplem.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by y0ungcitty; 10/17/2009 at 02:48 PM.
    Damn, you're right! I had the same problem, ding dong all the time. Charging the Pre wasn't possible using my stone... Until i just put a small piece of my actual newspaper between the stone and the palm, only a rag of paper, very thin. Tada, its charging now! I'll inspect if it starts making problems when it reaches 100%. But till now its charging.

Would be interesting to know why this workaround solved the problem?! Looks like a hardware issue to me...
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast