Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Ladies and gentlemen of these fine forums, I deplore you to help me out. I have spent all morning going back and forth between different cases and screen protectors. My head has exploded and I feel crippled with analysis paralysis. If you folks could recommend something you think would for what I want I would appreciate. Thank you kindly.

I want a case that will protect the edges and back of my pre. I want to add as little bulk as possible and do not want to compromise the natural pre (slider mechanism, access to ports & top row of keys). I will NEVER care to attach my Pre to my belt or some holster so no knobs on the back of the case please. I donít care if its rubber or plastic, but the Pre canít wobble around in it. I also donít have a touchstone so donít care much for its compatibility with it. Of course, I want one that looks sharp as well. As far as the screen protector goes, I want one that will be scratch resistant and feel/look like its not really there (invisible to see on screen, touch screen sensitivity remains the same, etc.)

Thanks again in advance.

A few cases I thought I might like were the snap rocketfish and seido innocase.
    Go to best buy and get the rocketfish case. Then buy a 15 pack of screen protectors from here for $10: ScreenGuardz - Quality Screen Protectors for Less! | Palm Pre Screen Protector
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I did read that the rocketfish adds some resistance to the slider though...
    Quote Originally Posted by chuccck View Post
    I did read that the rocketfish adds some resistance to the slider though...
    Nothing is perfect, but I didn't mind. I would just grab the top piece with two fingers on each side or put my thumb just above the center button. You have 30 days to return it from BB so give it a shot.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    this is true, thanks man. You are really racking up the thanks btw.
    this is true, thanks man. You are really racking up the thanks btw.
    No Problem, I went through the same dilemma. correction, still going through the same dilemma. My issue now is I have a touchstone so I am considering the innocase by Seidio. Right now I just have a full body skin until I figure something out. I also bought a cheap belt holster.

Didn't notice the thanks btw, cool... back at you.
    I did a video review on the Rocketfish case from Best Buy.

Not only does it not rub or add resistance to my phone at all, it actually has a perfect fit. Protects it and serves it's purpose!

Watch my video review, You will see me use the slider from the bottom and from the middle of the phone. No added resistance. No scratching... nothing.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I checked it out Rawandvital, definitely looks like a winner for me despite the 80s music. jk. Thanks man.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I'm using bodyguarz to protect the front only (didn't see a point in protecting a $20 back case..) - highly recommend it - (I've had these on all of my mobile gadgets for quite a few years now) -

BodyGuardz - Scratch-Proof Transparent Protective Skins for Palm Pre | Skins, Covers, Screen Protectors, Cases, Shields | Full Body and Screen Protection

-mark
    haha, I'm glad people are recognizing that I have Q-Laz 'goodbye horses' playing in the background!!!! When I was recording that I was thinking of some background music to add to the review to liven it up. I picked that hoping I would get some reaction out of it. Glad I am! haha.

Yeah man, the case definitely works. I dunno if it depends on the device but mine fits perfectly! I am using it until I get my seido Innocase which works with the touchstone charger!

Hope it helped you with your purchase!
    Ladies and gentlemen of these fine forums, I deplore you to help me out. I have spent all morning going back and forth between different cases and screen protectors. My head has exploded and I feel crippled with analysis paralysis. If you folks could recommend something you think would for what I want I would appreciate. Thank you kindly.

I want a case that will protect the edges and back of my pre. I want to add as little bulk as possible and do not want to compromise the natural pre (slider mechanism, access to ports & top row of keys). I will NEVER care to attach my Pre to my belt or some holster so no knobs on the back of the case please. I donít care if its rubber or plastic, but the Pre canít wobble around in it. I also donít have a touchstone so donít care much for its compatibility with it. Of course, I want one that looks sharp as well. As far as the screen protector goes, I want one that will be scratch resistant and feel/look like its not really there (invisible to see on screen, touch screen sensitivity remains the same, etc.)

Thanks again in advance.

A few cases I thought I might like were the snap rocketfish and seido innocase.
    Try bestskinsever.com
    They're cheap, but most people can't even tell theres a skin on the phone. Doesn't allow it to get scratched or anything. touchscreen works great after its applied. And, if you want more protection, any other case will fit over the skin.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    wow, apparently word got out I am handing out thanks. I appreciate it everyone. Can anyone supply photos of their screen protectors. I want the rocketfish and probably just the screen cover.

Now if I were to get the rocketfish in black does it have a big bump in the back for the holster?? Anyone know of any photos comparing the black and the gunmetal grey? I definitely don't want a pretruding bump for a holster I will never use...
    Last edited by chuccck; 07/15/2009 at 03:10 PM. Reason: additional info
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    just bought some phantom skinz screen only. They seem to be the best reviewed on the forum and with the code, it was only $6.67 shipped. Lifetime replacements too! On my way to Best Buy this weekend to get the case. BB is kinda far away, bummer I could not find the case any where else...
    Last edited by chuccck; 07/16/2009 at 01:20 PM. Reason: spelling
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I got the rocketfish from BB for my Pre. I also have Phantom Skinz protector it made the installation really hard. I do notice that it adds some resistance to the slider (not sure if this is because of the Phantom Skinz. I have to push it a little more, the plus side is that if you had any type of Oreo effect the rocketfish case does make it a lot better. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it our not. I still have 29 more days to take it back.
    The innocase is nice, improves the feel of the device, and protects to pre (along with a screen protector). One problem with early innocases was that it tended to come off or not fit quite right. The company claims they have fixed that. Any recent innocase buyers want to comment on that?
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    Go to best buy and get the rocketfish case. Then buy a 15 pack of screen protectors from here for $10: ScreenGuardz - Quality Screen Protectors for Less! | Palm Pre Screen Protector
    I did the same thing. it works VERY great!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    OK,

So i fixed the slider problem by loosening the screws in the back (I tighten them in an attempt to fix the oreo effect). Now the screen slides smoother, not crisp like when the case is not installed but better.

On the other hand, I found out that I cannot have my stock USB charger in and use the slider. This is a big annoyance to me.

Anyone know if the innocase does this?
    I have the front and back protector from Clear Protector (dot com). I would post a link to it but it won't let me because I don't have 10 posts yet. I like it a lot. I ordered one for my wife's iPod Touch and she is happy as well. Does not limit any function, however the texture is slightly different. After about a day, I was used to the feeling of it, and it has been no problem. I carry it in my pocket without any other covering and it works great. It is easy to install, but it takes a bit of time. Watch the video on their website and take your time to install. It will be worth it. Don't pay full price on their site (it's $24.99). They have frequent 50% off sales, including right now. (They just sent me an email.) Use code back2school09 for half off (and shipping is free!) Their shipping isn't the fastest. Took about a week to get mine...maybe 10 days.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    Nothing is perfect, but I didn't mind. I would just grab the top piece with two fingers on each side or put my thumb just above the center button. You have 30 days to return it from BB so give it a shot.
    I totally agree. My wife uses the rocketfish clear case on her phone with a generic screen protector and it works beautifully. Definitely the way to go in my opinion.
    Ladies and gentlemen of these fine forums, I deplore you...
    I implore you not to deplore us...

+1 for Rocketfish. Don't have one on my Pre, but I have seen them on, and everything seems to work just dandy.