1.    #1  
    seriously.. they sell this product (touchstone) that works with basically nothing on the market without a razor blade, and then still its not working.

how do no sprint stores sell this cable?

i know i know i can get it on sprint.com for $30.00, eff that, i just spent 70$ on a charger that i can't use, how does the touchstone not come with a god dam cable for 70$
  2.    #2  
    and you know what.. sprint.com does not even sell the OEM its a generic as well.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    yep. bastards. what can ya do?

I still have my oem cable... I use it constantly and there is NO point in the touchstone IMO besides to buy a stupid stand for it.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    yep. bastards. what can ya do?

I still have my oem cable... I use it constantly and there is NO point in the touchstone IMO besides to buy a stupid stand for it.
    i see the list of compatable 3rd party's.. but all the ones on ebays are knock off oem's and the adapter is fatter.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I ordered a combo set offa eBay, i've been waiting for a while to get it in the mail. Gonna check on that soon, anyways it says for pre but we'll see what kinda generic crap I got for $5. It says it comes with a travel adaptor, car adaptor, and usb cord for those adaptors.
  6.    #6  
    i got 2 off ebay and its all generic **** with an adapter the size my fist on it. no way to fit it in the touchstone. they sell any cable as a pre cable.
    Just get the cables from monoprice.com and shave down the tip. That's what many people are doing.
    You can get an OEM one with a spare OEM wall charger from this guy on ebay for $20:

Palm PRE AC Wall Adapter Charger & USB Cable NEW & OEM - eBay (item 310152732734 end time Aug-01-09 07:35:28 PDT)

Email him, maybe he will part with just the cable.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    You can get an OEM one with a spare OEM wall charger from this guy on ebay for $20:

Palm PRE AC Wall Adapter Charger & USB Cable NEW & OEM - eBay (item 310152732734 end time Aug-01-09 07:35:28 PDT)

Email him, maybe he will part with just the cable.
    The touchstone is pretty finicky about what AC adapter you use anyway (and you can't use it with the USB port on your computer) so why bother getting it without the adapter anyway?
  10.    #10  
    which one exactly.. and how much "shaving" do i do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoteriX View Post
    The touchstone is pretty finicky about what AC adapter you use anyway (and you can't use it with the USB port on your computer) so why bother getting it without the adapter anyway?
    He/she lost the cable, not the AC adapter (so I presume since the OP didnt indicate that he/she needed the adapter).

Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    I'd use their gold plated cables. You can select the length to fit your need. I bought 4 6ft cables from them and they all work. If you dont have the adapter, I'd also buy their wall USB charger (I have the white ones). It's cheap but works for my needs. I still use the original cable for my Touchstone, so I can vouch if the wall USB charger works with the Touchstone.

As far as how far you have to shave...I dont know. I will find out soon but I also have an original to kinda compare it with. There are some threads on this already with pics...I suggest you take a gander of what others have done for better reference.
    Here you go

Ebay Palm Pre OEM AC Wall Charger

Enjoy

Just saw TechFirstAid posted the samething
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    You just need to make the plastic around the micro USB plug small enough to fit in the slot of the Touchstone. On the Kindle 2 charger, it was about 1/8" total of plastic from the sides. (Half on each side.) Most other cables I've seen are similar in plastic needing removed.
    i went to the sprint store asking for one and the girl at the front initially said itd be $30 and i was like thanks but no thanks and was about to head out. she then stopped me and was like ill take 20% off and I was like eh... ill look at it. she showed me a sprint branded one that was way to wide. I was like look I need the original one that came with the palm. I told her the damn touchstone is finicky like that and she opened a touchstone unit and looked and was like well ill give you the one in the box. She looked and was like does it not come with one? I was like "no, thats why i need one". and that struck up a conversation about palm's stupidity. 5 minutes later i left with a oem palm cable/adapter and a big smile. =) one satisfied sprint customer!