Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Edit:
    This has become really complicated as they wont just pin down a percent discount vs. number of batteries. So the cost to ship/ repack/ reship/ paypal etc is likely going to kill this in its original form. What I am trying for at the moment is to just get them a 'guarantee' of 40+ orders and to therefor get a discounted rate for us through either a checkout coupon or something like that. That sound ok to everyone? It would be a 20-25% off coupon on whatever you wanted to order.

This would save on the fees from paypal, the cost to reship with tracking, etc. I hope this works out for everyone as it is just too much, not to mention that hardly ANYONE reads what is posted and I have fielded so many questions that have already been answered that I can hardly keep my head. Ill update when I get an answer from amzer.

*** FINAL UPDATE ***
    Well after more than a week arguing with fommy and amzer, they just wont hand out a coupon to us. Its painful to have all my efforts basically be worth nothing in the end. Sorry to have gotten everyone's hopes up, but they just wont shift on it... Erg. You are welcome to send a complaining email to the rep I was dealing with, pradeep.s@fommy.com (senior executive of operations) and complain about the crappy service they gave me (andrew.ogden@live.com) for our 'academmic' discount at Georgia Tech (thats how I put it to them).

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gtkansan; 08/04/2009 at 10:13 AM.
    Any deals on their 2600 battery line?

...is it even out yet?
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    nice, good luck.... please post a pic of it as well if you can... (or is it the same size as the std battery???)
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  4.    #4  
    This is the stock size battery, its just higher energy compared to the stock 1150 mAh and the seidio 1350 mAh. Ill post results when it gets in. for ref:

Amzer SmartCell 1400 mAh Slim Extended Battery For Palm - Palm Pre - Fommy.com
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I'm also definately interested in the results. If it works out I would be interested in bundling purchases to save $$$. Please repost your thoughts .
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Definitely keep us updated on this one...might be interested in acquiring one if it works like it says.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I'll go in on a bulk order.
    Nice, but if the Seidio 2600 comes in at $10-$15 of that stock price, I will hold out.

But that depends on what discounted price you get. My wife desparately needs an ext battery so I'd buy two if you can get it clost to $35 including shipping.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Nice, but if the Seidio 2600 comes in at $10-$15 of that stock price, I will hold out.

But that depends on what discounted price you get. My wife desparately needs an ext battery so I'd buy two if you can get it clost to $35 including shipping.

the 2600mah battery makes your phone larger too, don't forget that.. -m
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    the 2600mah battery makes your phone larger too, don't forget that.. -m
    I can stand for it to be a few millimeters thicker since I have huge hands. Also, My wife will NEED more juice than what the 1400mah can offer, so it would be better and more convenient to get the 2600mah one. I could settle for the 1400mah if the price is right. Then she can carry around her stock battery charged so she can change them. But I am sure she'd want to carry around a bigger phone versus an extra battery.

And fussing with that battery cover...!
    I'm in for a bulk order too if the battery works as advertised.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I would grab one, any idea when the order would go down?
  13.    #13  
    I got it today and it works well. Slightly longer than the stock battery (by longer I mean in the direction of the slider motion (up to down)), it still does the dang shut off when closed thing occasionally... though the shim i need to make it stop (folded paper) is 1/3 as thick... Ill let you all know what the battery life is like, and Ill take a pic or two tomorrow, really nothing special to look at.

I noticed the contacts sit slightly more flush to the case than do even the stock contacts, so that SHOULD help with the shutting off when snapped shut issue.

As to timing, Ill get definitive details about how many and at what percent I can get a discount to ensure we can setup a group buy effectively.
    thanks please see if you can get the 2600mah sz
  15.    #15  
    Updated first post with pics, sorry for the crappy quality (pre is my only camera at the moment, my wife took the good digicam with her to spain).
    I will be interested in two if price is right
    Fred
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    thanks for pics... i hope it does really give you the 20% more juice it should... the 2600 would be nice too, but i don't want a big **** on my Pre

my only concern is with this company i've never heard of, compared to Seido.... 50mah not that big a diff...

ps i think the pics are just fine, i have a similiar camera ;-p
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  18.    #18  
    so the discount I can get is listed at the top too.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Can anyone confirm the battery is actually 1400 mAH? Third party batteries often come with inflated mAH numbers.
  20.    #20  
    I dont know about actual numbers... but lord in heaven... ive had the phone off the charger since 9 am and it is at 78& battery left.... Its been a light day to be sure, but still have live.com pop going every 30 min, gmail as it arrives, and exchange as it arrives... lord this seems good so far. Normally on a day like this id be WAY below 50 percent
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast