Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Galtish View Post
    Just received the Amzer desktop charger (the one that also has a Pre cradle/charger) and the 1400 mAh battery. The Pre fits in snugly and overall the thing doesn't look too bad. The power plugs into a mini USB port on the back of the dock that was at a bit of an angle and didn't want to accept the USB plug but it did eventually plug in and powers up fine. Will post a few pics if anyone wants to see them.
    I would like to see them.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Hopefully I can give you guys some insight in to this battery.

I just got the battery yesterday morning. So my first thought was to try and run the battery before dead before bed so I could get a full power cycle in. Let me just say i was not able to do this until this morning.
    I had 7 cards open, txt,email,web,homescreen app,weather,nfl mobile and finally phone. I turned the brightness all the way up and ran everything I could to drain this bad boy. GPS on, auto locate on everything. So at about 8am this morning it died. I fully charged the battery.

The pre came on at 1030am this morning 100%. Right now I am 4:45pm its 60% with everything possible running. I took all the battery saving tips and threw them out the window!
    So far its working wonderful. I am pretty sure If I go back to my normal power saving mode and using my pre the way I do. A lot of web, text and emailing. I can easily get a full days usage.

Whoa, thanks for the info.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Just received the Amzer desktop charger (the one that also has a Pre cradle/charger) and the 1400 mAh battery. The Pre fits in snugly and overall the thing doesn't look too bad. The power plugs into a mini USB port on the back of the dock that was at a bit of an angle and didn't want to accept the USB plug but it did eventually plug in and powers up fine. Will post a few pics if anyone wants to see them.
    By all means
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thanks for trying. We all appreciate the effort.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Well, so much for that. The Amzer Desktop charging station isn't charging their battery (nor the Palm one, I think). The LED lights go on (the blue one stays on the whole time, even if nothing is plugged in - how useless) and the green/red one was red for a bit but then green if the battery is in or out). Will see if I can resolve it or if it goes back.

*edit - I was able to get the green/red LED to go red (which I assume means charging?) by plugging the Pre in to the power at the same time the battery is in the charger. Then, when I disconnect the Pre the light stays red - so hopefully it's now charging. Weird.
    Last edited by Galtish; 08/08/2009 at 10:44 AM.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Has anyone else tried the battery? I'm considering buying it but dont know how long the battery life is.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by asudevil View Post
    Has anyone else tried the battery? I'm considering buying it but dont know how long the battery life is.
    approximately 15-20% longer then stock according to this article -
    Review: Palm Pre 1400mAh Extended battery, Test Results - all things Pre - PreThinking

-mark
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Not sure if the 1400 or the 2800 is what I need. Just wanted a users opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by asudevil View Post
    Not sure if the 1400 or the 2800 is what I need. Just wanted a users opinion.
    Are you a poweruser asudevil? For me so far this battery has basically lasted me the whole day. I have been getting about 14 to 15 hrs total. I guess I am going to have to see how it reacts after a week. I don't consider myself a power user...just a normal user. I browser the web maybe an hour a day total on the phone, make about 5 to 10 calls, send about 25 to 50 text messages and have both of my gmail accounts set to push. It's been an improvement for me. I didn't want a bigger phone so I opted for this battery. I just need a full day's usage not 2 or 3 days usage. I am able to charge my phone every night or at work. So this was MY best option. People vary. Hopefully this is helpful to you.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Not sure if I am poweruser, but I do text, browse the internet, and use musicplayer or pandora. Don't have a landline, but I don't use more than 700 minutes a month. I want the 1400, but I want to make sure it is worth it. That is why I asked about users opinions and is there much if an upgrade.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Well, so much for that. The Amzer Desktop charging station isn't charging their battery (nor the Palm one, I think). The LED lights go on (the blue one stays on the whole time, even if nothing is plugged in - how useless) and the green/red one was red for a bit but then green if the battery is in or out). Will see if I can resolve it or if it goes back.

*edit - I was able to get the green/red LED to go red (which I assume means charging?) by plugging the Pre in to the power at the same time the battery is in the charger. Then, when I disconnect the Pre the light stays red - so hopefully it's now charging. Weird.
    Ok, so it charged the Palm battery successfully (it glowed red until charged and then flashed red-green when it was charged up to 100%). I finally got it to start charging the Amzer battery, I had to insert the Amzer battery and then plug in the Pre to get it to start charging the Amzer. Weird.

A word about the Amzer battery, it fits crazy tight in the desktop charger - while it actually has a little play toward/away from the charge points, it seems to be tight sideways. Might was incredibly difficult to get out of the charger once I inserted it. I found that jamming the corner of a credit card into the indented divot where you are supposed to be able to lift out the battery and using it as a wedge works to bring it out pretty easily. No problem like this with the Palm battery and both fit fine in the Pre. I'm charging up the Amzer battery right now, will report any issues and will post the pics later today or tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    final update - Amzer battery charged up in the desktop charger just fine this last time, and this time the Palm battery started charging in the charger without needing the Pre to be plugged in to trigger it.

I'm not going to be reporting battery life performance unless it's significantly better/worse than what we've already heard (+1 hour, or 10-15% increase). Will post pics of the desktop charger later.
    Here is my final update after 3 days using it. Yesterday I unpluggef my phone @ 2pm went out tailgating and to a sox game. Tweeted,took pictures,texted, and maybe some phone calls,used the web. Its now sunday @ 130pm and I have 1% left. So basically I went a full 24 hrs. I love it. Hope this helps everyone!
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Here are the pics of the Amzer Desktop Charger in use (sorry for the poor quality of the pics). It seems to start charging both batteries right away now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Coupon COde for Fommy.com that work with these batteries:

fommycall10 -$5 off
    free40 -Free shipping

Worked today.
    www.MTFX.tv
    -Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by synplex View Post
    Coupon COde for Fommy.com that work with these batteries:

fommycall10 -$5 off
    free40 -Free shipping

Worked today.
    did you get both to work?
    This site have the Mugen 1400mah battery for 31.95 free shipping. Looks like they ship out of Hong Kong.
    Palm Pre - PalmOne
    what is the size of pres battery? ie how many mah?
    I tried my wife's centro battery, and it worked well. is it exactly same battery than pre?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I ordered that Mugen battery. You can't beat it for 31.95 shipped. I know Mugen has been making batteries for a long time, so I might as well give one a try. Has anybody received one of these?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast