Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Interesting - there are 12 ratings on Fommy, 1 to 5 stars (5 is highest). 7 of the 12 rate it only 1 start, and only 3 rate it a 4 or 5 start.

Unfortunately, no comments were left. Hard to say what people didn't like.
    I've already contacted the OP via PM and email and gotten no response. I want this 1400 battery but haven't heard from the OP. Anybody know how to get a hold of the OP? I know fommy.com has the battery but if I can save money I will go that route.
    i would definitely be interested in buying one of these at a discount. count me in.
    Well, I couldn't wait, and ordered a battery. I also ordered the smaller wall charger (81510). I received both today. Unfortunately, the charger seems defective, as it dosn't appear to be charging the battery (status LED does not light up) but will do some more testing.

I have installed the battery in my Pre, and so far, so good. I haven't had any problem with shutting down via opening/closing the keypad, as reported with the Seidio battery. I will do some more tests to see how the Amzer 1400 battery performs.
    Quote Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
    I've already contacted the OP via PM and email and gotten no response. I want this 1400 battery but haven't heard from the OP. Anybody know how to get a hold of the OP? I know fommy.com has the battery but if I can save money I will go that route.
    I am getting tired of waiting myself. Hope we hear from him soon.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Please report back if this battery is worth getting over sticking with the Palm OEM battery (i.e. does it really give you that much more battery life?).
    If this turns out to provide a good deal on the battery and the battery is actually worth it, count me in. Between the Innocase, touchstone, car charger, screen protectors and extended batteries, I could have just bought another Pre!
  8.    #108  
    Updated first post with

*** FINAL UPDATE ***
    Well after more than a week arguing with fommy and amzer, they just wont hand out a coupon to us. Its painful to have all my efforts basically be worth nothing in the end. Sorry to have gotten everyone's hopes up, but they just wont shift on it... Erg. You are welcome to send a complaining email to the rep I was dealing with, pradeep.s@fommy.com (senior executive of operations) and complain about the crappy service they gave me (andrew.ogden@live.com) for our 'academmic' discount at Georgia Tech (thats how I put it to them).

Thanks
    no worries-- thanks for all your efforts - it has not gone unnoticed!
    I just went ahead and ordered mine on sunday night. I will also keep everyone posted on how the battery works and if it's worth the money.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I'm not too pleased with fommy as well right now. I get the feeling that they're a less than reputable merchant.

I ordered a touchstone kit more than 3 weeks ago and I still haven't received it. Oh, but they took the time to charge me for it up front. On the site it said that it would ship within 3 days of my ordering date but when that day came it would go back to being listed as "out of stock."

I've called them at least 4 times asking what the deal was and each time they would tell me that they would have them in stock on a certain day. I began to wonder if they were being trained to just tell me that they would be in on an arbitrary day that was always 4-5 days in the future.

Last time I talked to them, they told me they would have them in stock today. But now their site says available on 8/6. On and on it goes.

Great prices, but shady outfit.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    no worries-- thanks for all your efforts - it has not gone unnoticed!
    +1

Hopefully the battery will be well worth the trouble.
    fommycall10 gives you 10% discount.
    just order mine. $50 with s/h
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmanlee View Post
    I ordered a touchstone kit more than 3 weeks ago and I still haven't received it. Oh, but they took the time to charge me for it up front.
    I also ordered the Touchstone from Fommy and was surprised to see the charge come across without my item having shipped. I am still waiting patiently to receive my kit, but it will be my first and only order through them.
    My order went thru fine with fommy: battery is working great. Nice to not have to worry about a dead battery if just out late. Also no resets on closing that have been reported with the sedio 1350
    Any updates? How much percentage wise has this increased bat life for anyone? Is it more or less than the straight numbers would suggest, and was it worth it?. I will buy a spare battery no matter what, but is this worth the extra couple bucks?
    I'd like to know too. My OEM battery used to be good enough, but lately it's been dropping 10% an hour without even being used.
    Hopefully I can give you guys some insight in to this battery.

I just got the battery yesterday morning. So my first thought was to try and run the battery before dead before bed so I could get a full power cycle in. Let me just say i was not able to do this until this morning.
    I had 7 cards open, txt,email,web,homescreen app,weather,nfl mobile and finally phone. I turned the brightness all the way up and ran everything I could to drain this bad boy. GPS on, auto locate on everything. So at about 8am this morning it died. I fully charged the battery.

The pre came on at 1030am this morning 100%. Right now I am 4:45pm its 60% with everything possible running. I took all the battery saving tips and threw them out the window!
    So far its working wonderful. I am pretty sure If I go back to my normal power saving mode and using my pre the way I do. A lot of web, text and emailing. I can easily get a full days usage.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Hopefully I can give you guys some insight in to this battery.

I just got the battery yesterday morning. So my first thought was to try and run the battery before dead before bed so I could get a full power cycle in. Let me just say i was not able to do this until this morning.
    I had 7 cards open, txt,email,web,homescreen app,weather,nfl mobile and finally phone. I turned the brightness all the way up and ran everything I could to drain this bad boy. GPS on, auto locate on everything. So at about 8am this morning it died. I fully charged the battery.

The pre came on at 1030am this morning 100%. Right now I am 4:45pm its 60% with everything possible running. I took all the battery saving tips and threw them out the window!
    So far its working wonderful. I am pretty sure If I go back to my normal power saving mode and using my pre the way I do. A lot of web, text and emailing. I can easily get a full days usage.
    This is what I like to hear, I will have to pick this up soon. Don't care for the bubble bursting batteries.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Just received the Amzer desktop charger (the one that also has a Pre cradle/charger) and the 1400 mAh battery. The Pre fits in snugly and overall the thing doesn't look too bad. The power plugs into a mini USB port on the back of the dock that was at a bit of an angle and didn't want to accept the USB plug but it did eventually plug in and powers up fine. Will post a few pics if anyone wants to see them.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast