Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    is the charger being offered the one that holds the pre while simultaneously charging the second battery?
    The SKU 81510 is just the basic one:

Amzer Multifunctional Battery Charger For Palm - Palm Pre - Fommy.com

I'm not sure what the price would be on this one, SKU 83793, but even if it just a couple of bucks off full retail I'm planning on ordering it on my order:

Amzer Desktop Charging Cradle with Spare Battery Charging Slot For Palm Pre - Fommy.com
    Last edited by Galtish; 07/26/2009 at 10:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    There is also a 3% fee that paypal collects from transactions such as this (from you to me, I will just buy it on a credit card, so the fee only applies once). So keep that in mind.
    Per PayPal's sending money info page, if we choose to send the payment as "Personal" it's free for both sender and receiver as long as it goes out from a fully funded PayPal account or linked bank account.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Update (7/24)
    For everyone who email (and those who have yet to do so). I got back with Fommy and they can do an order with 40 batteries at 36 dollars a piece. We have 33 confirmed orders at the moment, so once we have 17 more we are good to go!
    I'm worried that it might take a while to get 17 more people on board, and also that there will be some who back out so it will taken even longer. The 1.1 update seems like it might be destroying my battery so I'm eager to get this thing going...

I don't want to spam the board to try and drum up interest for this group buy, but perhaps we can all change our signature to the text below to help make people aware of this opportunity.
    Code:
    Want in on a discounted group buy of the Amzer 1400 mAh Battery? Click here to read more about this: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-accessories/192796-amzer-1400-mah-battery.html
    Want to read new posts on PreCentral without the off-topic garbage? Bookmark this link here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/search....tnew&exclude=6 or here for the mobile forums (orange button plus click the link to copy the URL):
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/searc...tnew&exclude=6
    Quote Originally Posted by Galtish View Post
    The SKU 81510 is just the basic one:

Amzer Multifunctional Battery Charger For Palm - Palm Pre - Fommy.com

I'm not sure what the price would be on this one, SKU 83793, but even if it just a couple of bucks off full retail I'm planning on ordering it on my order:

Amzer Desktop Charging Cradle with Spare Battery Charging Slot For Palm Pre - Fommy.com
    thanks - i'm in for the battery and the multi-function charger if he can add that to the purchase.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Hmmm, the intent of this post is nice, but thinking about the numbers... I just put my calculator through the paces and at least for me, the hassle involved with this group buy seems to outweigh the potential savings (particularly for the OP)

Gtkansan, you are a saint for offering to do this for so many people. I know I sure wouldn't want to deal with labeling packages and shipping 40+ people. Are the batteries going to arrive individually packaged and ready to re-ship, or are you going to have to provide boxes (or at the very least bubble-pack envelopes) for each battery? Beyond that investment of time and money in packing material, you assume that you can re-ship for $4... is that via a method with tracking? You can bet the bank that you'll be fielding many e-mails from people wondering about the status of their shipment. Forget UPS and Fedex, they're very expensive. Looking at USPS.com, Priority Mail starts at $4.95... unless you're planning on going First Class (using postage stamps) which doesn't offer tracking to my knowledge, or Media Mail for which a battery would not technically be eligible.

Not trying to be a sour grape or seem unappreciative of the OP's intent, just wanted to point out some potential flies in the ointment and maybe spare some headaches. I'd be on board if not for these concerns.
    Quote Originally Posted by nullity View Post
    Hmmm, the intent of this post is nice, but thinking about the numbers... I just put my calculator through the paces and at least for me, the hassle involved with this group buy seems to outweigh the potential savings (particularly for the OP)

Gtkansan, you are a saint for offering to do this for so many people. I know I sure wouldn't want to deal with labeling packages and shipping 40+ people. Are the batteries going to arrive individually packaged and ready to re-ship, or are you going to have to provide boxes (or at the very least bubble-pack envelopes) for each battery? Beyond that investment of time and money in packing material, you assume that you can re-ship for $4... is that via a method with tracking? You can bet the bank that you'll be fielding many e-mails from people wondering about the status of their shipment. Forget UPS and Fedex, they're very expensive. Looking at USPS.com, Priority Mail starts at $4.95... unless you're planning on going First Class (using postage stamps) which doesn't offer tracking to my knowledge, or Media Mail for which a battery would not technically be eligible.

Not trying to be a sour grape or seem unappreciative of the OP's intent, just wanted to point out some potential flies in the ointment and maybe spare some headaches. I'd be on board if not for these concerns.
    I have to agree with with above quote. I really appreciate the time and effort that Gtkansan has put into this effort. It just seems like it would be better to work at getting PreCentral to get these batteries. I would rather throw my support toward their store. You know the ones who host this site and pay the bills for it.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Edit:
    This has become really complicated as they wont just pin down a percent discount vs. number of batteries. So the cost to ship/ repack/ reship/ paypal etc is likely going to kill this in its original form. What I am trying for at the moment is to just get them a 'guarantee' of 40+ orders and to therefor get a discounted rate for us through either a checkout coupon or something like that. That sound ok to everyone? It would be a 20-25% off coupon on whatever you wanted to order.
    That would be fine. Thanks again for your efforts.
    Want to read new posts on PreCentral without the off-topic garbage? Bookmark this link here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/search....tnew&exclude=6 or here for the mobile forums (orange button plus click the link to copy the URL):
    Sounds fine to me. Thanks so much for working on this for all of us. I know it is a lot of work.

Much appreciated,

Terri
    Hello,

I received my Amzer 1400 yesterday and have been using it as normal today. Everything fix an worked like a charm.

I have yet to notice any difference as it is day one. I will report back with my findings in a few days.

I am a business power user and tax the standard battery before 2:00 each day.
    First day with the amzer and so far working real well. I'm not a power user but typically around 10pm (total of 13-14 hours off battery) I'm usually around 5% and today I was barely below 50%. No reset issues with the new battery yet either
    I found that the battery drained oddly today. I drained just as fast as normal until it reached about 30%.

Then, it seemed to take longer for the final 30% to drain. I am waiting for this thing to die so I can fully charge the battery in efforts to calibrate it.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    anyone know if they will make a higher capacity oem battery in the future? I would hate to buy this battery and have a 1600mah oem-sized battery come out in a couple of months.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Thanks - and count me in as one of the 40 (email sent a few days ago).
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    anyone know if they will make a higher capacity oem battery in the future? I would hate to buy this battery and have a 1600mah oem-sized battery come out in a couple of months.

from what i'm reading, i don't think they can squeeze anymore juice into them withough making the batt larger, alla 2600/2800...
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    This has become really complicated as they wont just pin down a percent discount vs. number of batteries. So the cost to ship/ repack/ reship/ paypal etc is likely going to kill this in its original form. What I am trying for at the moment is to just get them a 'guarantee' of 40+ orders and to therefor get a discounted rate for us through either a checkout coupon or something like that. That sound ok to everyone? It would be a 20-25% off coupon on whatever you wanted to order.
    I'm also fine doing that, if it works
    Quote Originally Posted by sxelsharif View Post
    I'm also fine doing that, if it works
    same here
    does anyone with the Amzer 1400 battery had any reset like the seidon?? i really want to know the reply of this to see if its worth to buy it... thanks
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duce152 View Post
    does anyone with the Amzer 1400 battery had any reset like the seidon?? i really want to know the reply of this to see if its worth to buy it... thanks
    I didn't find any instances of people reporting the reboot issue with the Amzer battery on these forums, I think it's good to go.

FYI, for those interested here's a YouTube video from Fommy for the desktop charging station (looks like it's pretty decent):

If this discount isn't a go by this weekend I think I'll have to take my name out of the pool for the group buy as I need to buy a higher capacity battery soon. I'm not sure what the hold up is from Fommy to get us a discount coupon (why don't they just generate a coupon with a limit of 40 uses and give it only to gtkansan who can email it to the people on his list?), but as they already offer a 10% discount with the coupon code "fommycall10" so I guess I would only be missing out on another 7-10 bucks off of my order of the battery and the charger (assuming a 20% discount coupon is eventually given out by Fommy). Not trying to sour on this deal, I just need to get a battery purchased soon.

For anyone using their discount coupons, be aware that it appears to change your selected shipping option to the the $7 method from either the lower or a higher priced shipping option after you apply the coupon, so remember to change it back to the cheaper shipping option.
    Interested. Sending email to the OP now. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Galtish View Post
    I didn't find any instances of people reporting the reboot issue with the Amzer battery on these forums, I think it's good to go.

FYI, for those interested here's a YouTube video from Fommy for the desktop charging station (looks like it's pretty decent):

If this discount isn't a go by this weekend I think I'll have to take my name out of the pool for the group buy as I need to buy a higher capacity battery soon. I'm not sure what the hold up is from Fommy to get us a discount coupon (why don't they just generate a coupon with a limit of 40 uses and give it only to gtkansan who can email it to the people on his list?), but as they already offer a 10% discount with the coupon code "fommycall10" so I guess I would only be missing out on another 7-10 bucks off of my order of the battery and the charger (assuming a 20% discount coupon is eventually given out by Fommy). Not trying to sour on this deal, I just need to get a battery purchased soon.

For anyone using their discount coupons, be aware that it appears to change your selected shipping option to the the $7 method from either the lower or a higher priced shipping option after you apply the coupon, so remember to change it back to the cheaper shipping option.
    thanks for the link - i was really interested in this charger/ cradle but just bought a case
    For Palm Pre Rubber Plastic Hard Cover Case Black - eBay (item 370226059966 end time Aug-06-09 00:10:39 PDT)
    any ideas if it would still fit in the cradle? case is difficult to take on/off. i may be SOL!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast