Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    One feature I miss on the Pre is voice command.

My Blackberry 8300 and the Motorola before it both had this feature.

I notice there are some files in /etc/audio on the phone that mention voice dialing, I wonder if it'd be possible to enable this feature, or code the feature with the use of these files if it doesn't exist...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    As been said before, it is likely to come out at some point in a future update for the phone.. Either from Palm or a 3rd party. Just wasn't ready by the time the phone was released.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    well i hope it come thats a handy one
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I have no doubt it will be activated. Contrary to what others may say, I found it very useful and used it alot in all my previous phones. Still love my pre though...
    I miss voice dialing every single day...I nearly gave back my Pre but have decided to take a leap of faith under the assumption that, long term, NO phone will be lack voice dialing
    CTSLICK
    Rock ON!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I believe that the feature will soon come via a Palm update. Not sure when.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Would love to see this feature...
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I'm sure we'll see it. I have a sneaking suspicion that we didn't get it yet because they're going beyond simply 'Voice Dialing' and doing 'Voice Control' like the iphone 3gs has.

Well, one can hope anyway.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    My very first phone had this, and that was almost ten years ago. So I really wouldn't mind using this again. Back then I only called two numbers and used it for those two...

Simpler times, I didn't pay the bill either.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I'm currently using my pre with a ford focus rental car that has the Ford sync. Once I paired my pre with the sync bluetooth , it uploaded my pre phonebook. Now I can use the ford sync voice command while I'm driving..
    The ford sync system works excellent...
    Yeah, it's something I miss every day -- especially since the pre is so ticklish on the dialer. I'm forever hitting the wrong button or disconnecting someone when picking it up. I used my it on my previous phone all the time and didn't realize the pre wouldn't have voice until I was making out the check. And I wanted the new toy. I'm not always sure I made the right decision -- and then I check the filecoaster for new apps, and I'm happy again
    Still no word on the update of the voice dialing?

How often does and update come out from Palm, or is there no realy way to know?