Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I was driving in a rental in the Northeast last weekend and using the Sprint GPS application and the Pandora application. One thing that would have been cool is if the Sprint GPS Navigation instructions "turn left in 100 yards..." etc, would have come through my bluetooth headset. I looked around briefly for a setting to accomplish this, but didn't find anything obvious.
    I use the Jabra SP700 bluetooth speakerphone and it does exactly that. It even lowers the volume on Pandora during the turn instructions and then returns Pandora's volume to normal afterwards.
    I think it depends on what type of BT your BT devise uses. I think for most just regular Headsets it won't work but for ones that can do Radio and such it will transmit most Sounds .My T505 even does the Fart sounds from the FartApp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopster21 View Post
    I use the Jabra SP700 bluetooth speakerphone and it does exactly that. It even lowers the volume on Pandora during the turn instructions and then returns Pandora's volume to normal afterwards.
    It isn't your Jabra that's doing that - that's the Pre itself. If you were just using the Pre's built in speaker or had it plugged into an AUX In via a 3.5 mm cable, you'd get the same effect.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Any bluetooth headset that has A2DP will allow you to hear everything, except ringtones on the pre for some reason, through the headset.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Any bluetooth headset that has A2DP will allow you to hear everything, except ringtones on the pre for some reason, through the headset.
    Exactly, as long as your device supports A2DP Bluetooth Audio you can hear the Sprint Nav.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted to know.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Are there any single ear headsets that will support this feature so I don't look extra foolish with a set of headphones on...?
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigile View Post
    Are there any single ear headsets that will support this feature so I don't look extra foolish with a set of headphones on...?
    I use the Jabra BT8040. It is a single ear headset but receives A2DP so you can hear everything stereo in mono. I love it. Got it for $14.99 on Amazon.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Thanks, I might check that one out. I just bought the Plantronics Discovery 925 (and had to just return the BlueAnt Q1) both of which I really liked but don't seem to have A2DP support. Why wouldn't these companies just include support for mono output like that?
    How about without a headset? Is there any way to get Navigation directions to play through the radio?
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    hmm, might have to get a Jabra
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    How about without a headset? Is there any way to get Navigation directions to play through the radio?
    You would have to get a fm modulator. Pretty cheap these days.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    hmm, indeed. that is a good price on the Jabra.
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    As another poster mentioned above, the Motorola T505 pipes Pandora and/or Sprint nav over the radio. I'm sure there's a thread under this same forum dedicated to the T505 if you want to read up...