Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By JKeigh
  • 2 Post By Syndil
  1.    #1  
    I perused through the forum in search of how I could possibly remove my Touchstone Charger from my desk, but alas, I could not find the answer. All I found were threads on people's Touchstone Chargers became unstickied.

My problem is that I want to relocate my Touchstone Charger to a different location, but I cannot seem to remove it; my Touchstone is stuck onto my desk real tightly.

How can I remove my Touchstone Charger from my desk?
    Twist it as you lift it. Like a bottle cap. if it gets dirty or doesn't stick you can wipe it with a touch of soapy water and it will be as good as new.
    Ha I needed to know this too. The touchstone really sticks well to surfaces.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I found out how well it still works after cleaning yesterday.

My new one came in and I tried it on a flat part if my dash, next to a power port in my Excursion. It seemed like a perfect place for it rather than the console and running the power through the lid etc.

The TS with the Pre on it, fell off the dash in about 45 seconds and of course landed sticky side down on the floor. Wet sponge, wiped dry and viola', sticky again.

I also discovered it does not like to stick to slightly textured surfaces; even the completely flat surface and ever so slight bit of texture on that part of the dash.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    I also discovered it does not like to stick to slightly textured surfaces; even the completely flat surface and ever so slight bit of texture on that part of the dash.
    You might find one of those discs used for GPS suction mounts would work if it's the right size - attach one on the dash, and the TS should hold onto it.
    This is because it uses microsuction. You can't get suction on textured surfaces because the texture allows air in. (I'm sure you've tried a suction cup on a textured surface vs. one on a window/mirror.)

On flat surfaces, this thing sticks like there's no tomorrow!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Be careful which surfaces you press the Touchstone one. I currently have two Touchstones, and one of them didn't come off. I had to use a knife and that got ugly. It stuck so hard that the adhesive pad on the bottom of the Touchstone stayed on the surface while the Touchstone ripped off. Needless to say, the table is ruined. My other Touchstone came off with hardly any force.

FYI, the bad surface was a wood computer table from Target.
    you might find some good ideas in this thread. I use the touchstone with a proclip mount.

http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-...ures-here.html
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    I found out how well it still works after cleaning yesterday.

My new one came in and I tried it on a flat part if my dash, next to a power port in my Excursion. It seemed like a perfect place for it rather than the console and running the power through the lid etc.

The TS with the Pre on it, fell off the dash in about 45 seconds and of course landed sticky side down on the floor. Wet sponge, wiped dry and viola', sticky again.

Funny, I have mine stuck to the flat part of the dash in my Honda Accord, and it is slightly textured. It hasn't fallen off yet. It isn't as secure as the one on my desk at home or the one on my nighttable at home, but it is pretty secure.
    I was having really hard time removing mine from my desk at the office, i used Windex Multi-surface Vinegar that i found on the stuff the cleaning lady uses and came off fine without harming the desk
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Oh, I know, I was afraid of taking out a chunk of my kitchen counter. But it's good on a ceramic tile table.

This reminds me, did anyone see that old Pixi review where the guy placed the Touchstone upside-down and stuck the phone to the adhesive? Poor Pixi.
    shanpalm61 likes this.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I use 3M 2 sided tape in my car, i dont plan on taking it out anytime soon lol.
    I wish I have a touchstone like the one you have. Mine move without any force at all. Just follow ImNoPrince suggestion, and you'll be ok.:-D
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Excellent info !

I twisted as i was pulling up and it came right off my hardwood laminated desktop in my office. I was having a real hard time removing it before i found this post and the replies. Rock on!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Dont let it get wet and naturally dry. I just have been searching on a good way to remove because I had it stuck for over a year now. Well I just ripped the TS off of the sticky surface and it will no longer sit like it used to. OOPs.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Glad I found this thread. I was on the verge of using a screwdriver or putty knife to pry it off my oak computer desk. I did have to use a gripping tool to hold onto the touchstone, but it twisted right off.
    On two of my Touchstones, I have left the plastic protective covering over the sticky surface to keep it from adhering to my nice furniture. Yeah, that means it is able to slide around, but that is not a problem. Removing the finish off of my furniture... That would be a problem. Now the Touchstone in the car, that thing is stuck in there like ugly on a monkey, and thankfully so!
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    On two of my Touchstones, I have left the plastic protective covering over the sticky surface to keep it from adhering to my nice furniture. Yeah, that means it is able to slide around, but that is not a problem. Removing the finish off of my furniture... That would be a problem. Now the Touchstone in the car, that thing is stuck in there like ugly on a monkey, and thankfully so!
    Left the plastic on the one that sits on our nice TV stand, the ones for the cars (they don't stay out right now since we rarely charge in the car), and the one on my desk at work.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I happened upon this forum after purchasing a second touchstone for use at my office desk. The one I have at home hasn't been moved in months, and I've been unable to remove it from the surface of my bookshelf. I wanted to avoid this problem at work, since its not really my furniture and I may change offices at a future date.

My solution was to simply cut the piece of cellophane that comes with the touchstone in half, and stick it back on the touchstone. The touchstone adhered enough to keep from moving when it remove the phone, but I have plenty of leverage to pull it off later, since only half of it is sticking.

I think this would work with any smooth-surfaced object to which the touchstone could adhere, such as a glossy piece of photo paper.

I plan to use a heat gun or window cleaner to remove my touchstone at home. I'll update this thread with my results later.