Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Received Seidio Innocase, which contained a thin black lining around the screen and a back (feel similar to touchstone back, with holes for speaker, camera, but not as nice).

I am returning as I already have a touchstone back and don't see how the lining will give good protection.

Be aware that Seidio makes you ask for return within 14 days of ship date, then takes 1-2 days to give RMA# and you are responsible for sending within 7 days after receive RMA.

As I am traveling tomorrow, I tried to get the Seidio customer service rep to give me the RMA today so I could head to the post office before it closes.

She could not give me the RMA " as its an automated process" and she was somewhat rude but there is some hope that I will get it shortly (although I don't see how as the process "is automated".)

Hope this information helps someone else.
    So...you don't think having this case will protect it at all if you were to drop it or whatever? Could go you more in depth?
    Pics would be better. I thought the felt was only on the inside of the belt clip.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Wow Im shocked you are not happy with the case. can you please post pics??
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    Pics would be better. I thought the felt was only on the inside of the belt clip.
    Yeah I would like to see pics as well, but I think he means that the actual case itself is more like a thin lining than a protective case. He doesn't think it will protect the phone anymore than the touchstone back will? I guess. I don't know
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Please provide some more details, since mine has yet to ship with amazon I'll cancel my order and just wait for something better.
    Yeah pics and more info please, my order is still processing from seidio.com! I ordered it yesterday
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    This is what also sort of pisses me off about Seidio, they provide the absolute krappiest pictures which barely show you a damn thing, hell even the damn $5 cases on ebay have better pics than the Seidio website.

I just hope this guy provides some more details and hopefully pics, so I can decide if I want to cancel my order or not.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    This is what also sort of pisses me off about Seidio, they provide the absolute krappiest pictures which barely show you a damn thing, hell even the damn $5 cases on ebay have better pics than the Seidio website.

I just hope this guy provides some more details and hopefully pics, so I can decide if I want to cancel my order or not.
    Yes agreed. I hope the OP is in the process of posting pics as we speak as there are MANY of us needing to see actual pics.

I am really wanting to see pics of the case alone, inside and out as well as every angle of the case on the phone. Please post these!!!!!
  10.    #10  
    I bought the innocase. It is comprised of only 2 pieces:

1) A rubber back with the 2 cutout holes. This back looks exactly like the touchstone back except that it feels slightly more bendable and the sides are slightly larger (as it is designed to fit over the touchstone back). There is thin "spacer" made out of felt which sits loosely inside the back, about as thin as a piece of paper. According to the instructions, you cannot use the "spacer" if you are placing the cover over a touchstone back, the spacer is only for the pre w/o touchstone (I tried using the spacer and had to remove it to get it to fit over the touchstone back).

2) There is a rectangular thin rubber piece that fits snug around the sides of the pre screen with a cutout for the charger hole. It does not cover the face of the screen although in order to fit snug, a teeny part of the rubber sits on the face of the screen on all 4 sides. It is made out of one piece.

As I have a touchstone back, I don't see how I could justify the $30 cost just for the thin screen piece. One could argue that the slipping the innocase back over the touchstone back does protects the touchstone back but the touchstone back is sturdy enough, I don't see why I need an additional cover for the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    2) There is a rectangular thin rubber piece that fits snug around the sides of the pre screen with a cutout for the charger hole. It does not cover the face of the screen although in order to fit snug, a teeny part of the rubber sits on the face of the screen on all 4 sides. It is made out of one piece.
    Is it similar to the Rocketfish Faceplate? Can you post some pics?
  12.    #12  
    Looked at a picture of the rocketfish template and the innocase one looks the same.

I found a pic of the rocketfish template in this thread below which had a link to the rocketfish on bestbuy:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-bestbuy.html

The Seidio back over the touchstone back does successfully charge with the touchstone charger.

The case is easy to snap on, the top just snaps to the bottom. The case cutouts for the power buttons, volume buttons and charger buttons are slightly larger than the buttons themselves-- ie there is additional unprotected space on the side of the screen by the power and ringer button that is not covered (additional width about the same size as power button itself and occurs on front and back).
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I'm curious as to what expectations the OP had for the innocase that the case did not meet.
  14.    #14  
    I ordered the case before I received the touchstone back, which was a pleasant surprise for its sturdiness and grip. There are no pics on the seido site as digink points out, so hard to know what to expect of the innocase.

The only other case I've ever bought was a proporta metal case for my treo 650 which had a felt lining and hung slightly over the screen if I remember correctly, so the screen would not get hit even if it fell on its face.

for $30 incl shipping, I just don't see the value of the thin seidio case around the sides of the pre screen.

I keep the pre in its oem pouch when it is not on the touchstone. I suppose you could argue that if I was holding the pre and dropped it, that the innocase might provide some protection but I'm not sure how much especially if it drops on the screen face.
  15. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    This thread is short pictures and long on words.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I'm a little confused, it sounds like the OP is unhappy that the case doesn't actually cover the screen, as if he was expecting a flip-closed holster or something.

Personally, I just want a case that adds as little bulk to the phone as possible will still protecting the edges and the back from minor cosmetic damage - and the case looks like it will help me open the phone easier - something I still have some trouble doing sometimes (odd enough given the amount of "oreo" in my phone I suppose).

If you want screen protection you're supposed to be using a separate screen protector with it or getting a "bag" or a closed case.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote
    I ordered the case before I received the touchstone back, which was a pleasant surprise for its sturdiness and grip. There are no pics on the seido site as digink points out, so hard to know what to expect of the innocase.

The only other case I've ever bought was a proporta metal case for my treo 650 which had a felt lining and hung slightly over the screen if I remember correctly, so the screen would not get hit even if it fell on its face.

for $30 incl shipping, I just don't see the value of the thin seidio case around the sides of the pre screen.

I keep the pre in its oem pouch when it is not on the touchstone. I suppose you could argue that if I was holding the pre and dropped it, that the innocase might provide some protection but I'm not sure how much especially if it drops on the screen face.
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products. We are sorry about your experience and would like to help!

The purpose of the case is to protect the entire phone: front and back, with or without the Touchstone door. It features the a similar rubberized coating found on the Pre Touchstone door, but it is simply a coincidence or rather, a market trend that Seidio has been doing for a while. Rubberized coating can be found on the majority of our cases and holsters now.

The Innocase Surface is meant to protect your Pre from daily encounters of bumps and scratches (This case also allows you to use your Touchstone with case on) . We are not going to knock on the fact that Palm built a sturdy door, but if that indeed gets scratched up, replacing it could cost at least $19.95, plus shipping here on PreCentral (http://store.precentral.net/palm-tou...88A89A5648.htm).

Again, we are sorry that the case is not what you expected to be, and that's why we offer a full refund policy if you are not happy with the product during the initial trial period.

Hope this information helped, please let us know if you have any other questions!
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 07/14/2009 at 04:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    This thread is short pictures and long on words.
    +1
  19.    #19  
    Hi Seidio,

I appreciate your response. Your customer service rep over the phone seemed rude to me and in addition, I paid the shipping and handling for the case and additional shipping to return the case, which I now understand Seidio does not refund. All in all, a somewhat unpleasant experience, making it unlikely that I would buy from Seidio again in the near future.
    I still want one
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast