Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Well After a long wait I finally got the Surface case and holster combo along with the Universal Screenguard delivered yesterday. Just put them on and here are observations. The case is awesome. Went on real easy. Does everything its supposed to do. Very thin so it doesn't really change the feel of the phone yet having that extra barrier around the phone makes me more feel more confident holding it ( and totally hides the little crack on lower left corner I put on it on launch day after a fateful drop onto kitchen tile floor!). Works with TS as it claims but, as it has been stated before, doesn't have that same force holding it down but still enough to allow it to slide in place to position itself as always. No difference in charging as far as I can tell. The holster is awesome as well. Sits gripped perfectly firm with no play in any direction. The Universal Screenguard on the other hand was not as good an experience. Got it aligned and layed down perfectly on a meticuluosly cleaned phone, but as I was squeezing out air bubbles I noticed what looked like a small line just to the left of center screen with an air bubble around it. As I pushed out the bubble I felt a small bump. Seemed as if the guard was defective with a "kink" about 3mm long and about 1mm thick in the plastic and no amount of force could get it out. I could feel it with my fingernail. It's a shame because I got it dead center perfect but when I would turn on screen I could see the line. I'm not going to bother returning it but maybe I'll try the Boxwave guards I've been hearing about. well I hope this helps. I won't post any pics because there are plenty already out there.
    I can recommend the Boxwave ClearTouch Screen Protector paired with the Innocase.

Boxwave sent out two versions (one that encircles the earpiece completely and one that partially encircles the earpiece).

I'm currently using the version that partially encircles the earpiece, but I'm sure the other will work as well. No bubbles or any liquid to apply.
    Last edited by flipesq; 07/17/2009 at 01:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flipesq View Post
    I can recommend the Boxwave ClearTouch Screen Protector paired with the Innocase.

Boxwave sent out two versions (one that covers the earpiece completely and one that partially covers the earpiece).

I'm currently using the version that partially covers the earpiece, but I'm sure the other will work as well. No bubbles or any liquid to apply.
    Good to know, thank you. You mentioned covers earpiece? Do you mean one circles the earpiece and the other is like a U?
    Good to know, thank you. You mentioned covers earpiece? Do you mean one circles the earpiece and the other is like a U?
    Ah, yes, that's what I meant; one encircles the earpiece fully, whereas the other one is more like a U-shape, partially encircling the earpiece.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I just dropped my Pre and the innocase saved it! I'm just sayin...
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    any more of you guys having problems with your case latching onto the device? i'm looking at getting an innocase for my pre to replace the rocketfish case i bought. how's the seidio innocase holster? relatively sturdy? the one for the rocketfish gunmetal case suuuuucks.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    I got my innocase surface and holster a few days ago. I really like the case but as others have already said it doesn't appear to add much more in the way of protection if already have a touchstone back. Don't get me wrong, I think it's about as good as you're going to get for a case that doesn't protect the screen. The only issue I've found so far with the case that gets to me is that it has come off in my pocket because it's not terribly snug on the phone. The movement around in my pocket seems to take the front part of the case right off. Of course, this isn't a problem with the innocase holster, but I don't wear that everywhere - just at work.

Overall, I really like the case and will keep on using it. If it keeps coming off in my pocket however, I will probably stop using it. It's just not worth having to put back on all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstein View Post
    I just dropped my Pre and the innocase saved it! I'm just sayin...
    Anyone else drop their Pre with Innocase and saw good protection?

I'm just wondering if this case will really protect it if it is dropped.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    the second front innocase has finally snapped off..i really like the case but it will not fit over even a trimmed bodyguardz w/o getting bent out of shape.

i really like the texture of the bodyguardz and will keep it but this is disappointing. it's almost like they should make a screen protector version and one for the naked phone
    Quote Originally Posted by dohcrx View Post
    the second front innocase has finally snapped off..i really like the case but it will not fit over even a trimmed bodyguardz w/o getting bent out of shape.

i really like the texture of the bodyguardz and will keep it but this is disappointing. it's almost like they should make a screen protector version and one for the naked phone
    You should really consider getting the Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard(USG). It is as smooth as the Pre's screen and does not interferre with the Innocase. I know the Bodyguardz is one of the smoothest skins, but from the pics I've seen, there's still some orange peel on some people's. Unless you did a flawless application of the skin, I doubt it's as smooth as the USG. I got the USG with my Innocase and it completes the "full body" protection of my Pre and I'd highly recommend it.
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    i like the texture of the bodyguardz, don't really have orange peel and it deflects fingerprints like none other. i don't like the feel as much as the pre screen i like it better
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    So after using the Innocase Surface for a few days I am definitely having the bottom right popping off issue some of you guys are having.

It usually occurs when I push a little hard on the bottom of the Pre to slide out the keyboard. It doesn't happen every time but if you open your Pre as much as I do then it happens enough to be annoying.

I will be returning mine. Hopefully the new batch is better because I really like this case aside from this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    You should really consider getting the Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard(USG). It is as smooth as the Pre's screen and does not interferre with the Innocase. I know the Bodyguardz is one of the smoothest skins, but from the pics I've seen, there's still some orange peel on some people's. Unless you did a flawless application of the skin, I doubt it's as smooth as the USG. I got the USG with my Innocase and it completes the "full body" protection of my Pre and I'd highly recommend it.
    how does it complete the full body protection of your Pre? there's space it doesn't cover all the way around between the USG and the Innocase...
    This signature for rent
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    how does it complete the full body protection of your Pre? there's space it doesn't cover all the way around between the USG and the Innocase...
    It doesnt. The one I received isnt even cut correctly and it slants inward at the bottom right. It leaves a lot of areas open as well. I would go with boxwave if you are getting the innocase.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    It doesnt. The one I received isnt even cut correctly and it slants inward at the bottom right. It leaves a lot of areas open as well. I would go with boxwave if you are getting the innocase.
    I just installed the boxwave on mine and I'm real happy with it. They actually send you 2 versions. One similar in size to the USG the other a little larger. They both circle the bottom button and the larger one circles the earpiece as well. They even send a cleaning cloth and little card squeegee/applicator, both very useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3
    So after using the Innocase Surface for a few days I am definitely having the bottom right popping off issue some of you guys are having.

It usually occurs when I push a little hard on the bottom of the Pre to slide out the keyboard. It doesn't happen every time but if you open your Pre as much as I do then it happens enough to be annoying.

I will be returning mine. Hopefully the new batch is better because I really like this case aside from this issue.
    Hello,

Thank you for your post. We have resolved this issue affecting a small initial batch of cases and are now shipping the revised version. If you like, please PM me your order information and I will see what I can do for you!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I just installed the boxwave on mine and I'm real happy with it. They actually send you 2 versions. One similar in size to the USG the other a little larger. They both circle the bottom button and the larger one circles the earpiece as well. They even send a cleaning cloth and little card squeegee/applicator, both very useful.
    edlex,
    Are you using the "Clear Touch Anti-glare" or the "Clear Touch Crystal?"

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    The case is great, and everyone who has used my phone liked the feel of it. As a matter of fact, I think I know of another 2-3 Pre owners who ordered it after seeing how it looked an felt.

I'm curious to see how it holds up over time, but am confident that Seido will stay on top of their game and make tweaks/updgrades to the product as they learn more and get more feedback from people like us.

Good job Seido, and thanks for the quick turn-around on releasing a quality product.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    edlex,
    Are you using the "Clear Touch Anti-glare" or the "Clear Touch Crystal?"

Thanks.
    I got the Clear Touch Crystal and I'm very satisfied with it. I wrote a review of it here if you would like to read it... http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...protector.html
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    seidio is shipping another return...hopefully the new one is more accepting of screen guards. i explained i had a bodyguardz with the side trimmed off...fingers crossed
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dohcrx View Post
    seidio is shipping another return...hopefully the new one is more accepting of screen guards. i explained i had a bodyguardz with the side trimmed off...fingers crossed
    let us know how that goes - I have BG too and trying to decide if i wanna try it. Thanks
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast