Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    Wonderful! How bad is your oreo right now? Any pics would be good too. Thanks!
    My "oreo" was pretty bad. I swapped it for a 2nd Pre. Went through all 5 they had at the store to find the one with the LEAST oreo. They all had some wobble, but some of the new ones were worse than the one I was bringing in to exchange. So I accepted the one with the least oreo, as I was about to pass the 30 days and now, after a week or so, it's got as much wobble as my original one.

As my reply above states, it's sitting on my front door waiting for me to get home tonight. I'll let you all know how it goes.
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Can anyone comment of the effect the case has on the magnetism of the touchstone charger? I want to use the seidio innocase with the Touchstone mounted in my car and am worried that the extra thickness of the innocase may reduce the magnetic attraction between the device and the touchstone charger. I don't want to purchase the innocase if it means that the Pre won't strongly mount on the Touchstone charger as effectively. TX!
    Seidio is now advertising the "Innocase Surface" which has been designed specifically to work with the TouchStone. That's the one I'd be most interested in hearing how well it works, particularly in TouchStone-car setups.
    Quote Originally Posted by ackthbbft View Post
    Seidio is now advertising the "Innocase Surface" which has been designed specifically to work with the TouchStone. That's the one I'd be most interested in hearing how well it works, particularly in TouchStone-car setups.
    The reason I waited for the Innocase is because I have the Touchstone, however I don't use it in my car. I'll post how it works on the home charger.

I tried it in my car and it works 97% of the time. The issue I have is whenever I use anything on my car that has to do with lighting (headlights, brakes, reverse, turn signals) the phone "disconnects and reconnects" like it lost power for a split second and starts charging again. I'm using the Palm factory vehicle charger (see below), so I think it has something to do with my car and the lights drawing too much power for some reason.

BUT, I will test it on the Touchstone in my car to see if there's a decrease in the strength of the hold from the magnetism.

Quote Originally Posted by mherald81 View Post
    I had no problems putting it on. Snapped it on at the bottom first then the top. I just have the screen protector on and the touchstone backing.
    What kind of screen protector do you have on?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    I will definitely post my review here once I get it and install it tonight, barring any unforseen circumstances from FedEx or anything else.

I also purchased the Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard and will report on the case & screen guard tonight with pictures also if I have time.
    Do you by chance already have a skin on your phone? If you could, could you try putting the Innocase on over it before putting the USG on?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsJetsAggies View Post
    What kind of screen protector do you have on?
    I have the Invisible Shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by mherald81 View Post
    I have the Invisible Shield.
    So it fit on good over the IS? Could you take a picture of the front?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    I tried it in my car and it works 97% of the time. The issue I have is whenever I use anything on my car that has to do with lighting (headlights, brakes, reverse, turn signals) the phone "disconnects and reconnects" like it lost power for a split second and starts charging again. I'm using the Palm factory vehicle charger (see below), so I think it has something to do with my car and the lights drawing too much power for some reason.
    The same thing happens with mine. At first I thought it was bumps in the road either knocking the Pre out of alignment with the Touchstone, or possibly distorting the magnetic field. But after a few days, I was able to rule that out, and I realized it's an electrical issue. Headlights trigger it most often, and power steering and power brakes at slow speeds can also do it. I've never noticed turn signals affecting it, but that doesn't mean they haven't.

If I plug the charger into the Pre's USB port instead of the Touchstone, it doesn't happen. Whatever is going on, it's something specific to the interaction between the Toucstone and the car's electrical system. I'll be damned if I can figure out exactly what it is.

It doesn't seem to be doing any harm, though. It's just a minor annoyance. I just have to hear a ding a few times a day is all. I can live with that.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    New photos of innocase surface now on seidio site, looks pretty good to me. Mine just shipped today. Looks really good in blue and red too, now the wife and I will be able to tell our phones appart.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    How easy is the back to remove for a battery change? Is there any play in the fit of the case, does it feel secure?
    Just posted my Review in the other Innocase thread...

Here's the link to it... My Review of the Seidio Innocase and Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    i suppose this is just wishful thinking but does the case help with the screen twisting like an oreo?
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dohcrx View Post
    i suppose this is just wishful thinking but does the case help with the screen twisting like an oreo?
    He mentions this in his review, posted in the link right above.
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBlockhead View Post
    The same thing happens with mine. At first I thought it was bumps in the road either knocking the Pre out of alignment with the Touchstone, or possibly distorting the magnetic field. But after a few days, I was able to rule that out, and I realized it's an electrical issue. Headlights trigger it most often, and power steering and power brakes at slow speeds can also do it. I've never noticed turn signals affecting it, but that doesn't mean they haven't.

If I plug the charger into the Pre's USB port instead of the Touchstone, it doesn't happen. Whatever is going on, it's something specific to the interaction between the Toucstone and the car's electrical system. I'll be damned if I can figure out exactly what it is.

It doesn't seem to be doing any harm, though. It's just a minor annoyance. I just have to hear a ding a few times a day is all. I can live with that.
    What kind of car do you have? I have a Toyota Solara.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    got mine today...really liked it. feels great, fits really well.

tab for the top right part of the front cover broke off

hopefully seido plays nice on the return/exchange. i can't imagine the front piece to be more than a 10 cent piece of plastic
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Got mine today as well. Love it so far. It's much less rubbery and more plastic-ey than I expected, but it works fine.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    getting an rma for the front piece. seidio is shipping the new one right away and sending a return sticker for the front piece.

my first bodyguardz got taken off when i replaced my phone. just cut the edges off my second bodyguardz and applied it.

the front piece fits fine over the bodyguardz but i don't think it would work with the edges all they way on

thanks seidio!
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Well After a long wait I finally got the Surface case and holster combo along with the Universal Screenguard delivered yesterday. Just put them on and here are observations. The case is awesome. Went on real easy. Does everything its supposed to do. Very thin so it doesn't really change the feel of the phone yet having that extra barrier around the phone makes me more feel more confident holding it ( and totally hides the little crack on lower left corner I put on it on launch day after a fateful drop onto kitchen tile floor!). Works with TS as it claims but, as it has been stated before, doesn't have that same force holding it down but still enough to allow it to slide in place to position itself as always. No difference in charging as far as I can tell. The holster is awesome as well. Sits gripped perfectly firm with no play in any direction. The Universal Screenguard on the other hand was not as good an experience. Got it aligned and layed down perfectly on a meticuluosly cleaned phone, but as I was squeezing out air bubbles I noticed what looked like a small line just to the left of center screen with an air bubble around it. As I pushed out the bubble I felt a small bump. Seemed as if the guard was defective with a "kink" about 3mm long and about 1mm thick in the plastic and no amount of force could get it out. I could feel it with my fingernail. It's a shame because I got it dead center perfect but when I would turn on screen I could see the line. I'm not going to bother returning it but maybe I'll try the Boxwave guards I've been hearing about. well I hope this helps. I won't post any pics because there are plenty already out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Well After a long wait I finally got the Surface case and holster combo along with the Universal Screenguard delivered yesterday. Just put them on and here are observations. The case is awesome. Went on real easy. Does everything its supposed to do. Very thin so it doesn't really change the feel of the phone yet having that extra barrier around the phone makes me more feel more confident holding it ( and totally hides the little crack on lower left corner I put on it on launch day after a fateful drop onto kitchen tile floor!). Works with TS as it claims but, as it has been stated before, doesn't have that same force holding it down but still enough to allow it to slide in place to position itself as always. No difference in charging as far as I can tell. The holster is awesome as well. Sits gripped perfectly firm with no play in any direction. The Universal Screenguard on the other hand was not as good an experience. Got it aligned and layed down perfectly on a meticuluosly cleaned phone, but as I was squeezing out air bubbles I noticed what looked like a small line just to the left of center screen with an air bubble around it. As I pushed out the bubble I felt a small bump. Seemed as if the guard was defective with a "kink" about 3mm long and about 1mm thick in the plastic and no amount of force could get it out. I could feel it with my fingernail. It's a shame because I got it dead center perfect but when I would turn on screen I could see the line. I'm not going to bother returning it but maybe I'll try the Boxwave guards I've been hearing about. well I hope this helps. I won't post any pics because there are plenty already out there.
    Hello,

Thank you for your review and we are glad that you enjoyed our products. We would like to help you out on the Ultimate Screen Guard issue! Please forward me your order information and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

Thank you for your review and we are glad that you enjoyed our products. We would like to help you out on the Ultimate Screen Guard issue! Please forward me your order information and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you
    Thank you for your reponse. PM sent with order information.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast