1.    #1  
    USB CABLE+WALL+CAR CHARGER FOR SPRINT PALM PRE - eBay (item 320389000136 end time Jul-24-09 20:51:57 PDT)

If so, how are they? Recommended? Does it make much of a difference?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I was looking through the feedback to see if anyone had bought it and someone did and they said "works part time". another one says "good quality". I wouldn't buy it though.
    Yup, it's cheap crap. Yes, you can find them cheap, but you get what you pay for.
    Unless they are selling OEM, I'd stay away. Shell out a few extra bucks.
    This one is great: ORIGINAL OEM SPRINT MICRO USB CAR CHARGER for PALM PRE - eBay (item 220448600878 end time Aug-05-09 21:19:37 PDT)

I'm not reccomending the seller, just the product.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Now that you mentioned it I need a charger so i was looking at them on ebay and I found this one. Original Sprint charger for under 9.00 shipped.

NEW OEM SPRINT PALM PRE CAR CHARGER MICROS USB - eBay (item 220439066154 end time Jul-20-09 20:17:06 PDT)
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    bought a cheap 2.99 micro-usb charger from ebay. It works most of the time, but not all of the time, and most of the time i have to play around with it to get it to charge or it takes about a minute before it actually starts to charge.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Hi. I bought an OEM Sprint Car charger from a guy out of Florida(NakedCellPhone). It was $9.99 and free shipping. Works perfect.
    I bought a sprint oem car charger i plugged it in to test it and it charged..next day I got in my car plugged it in and didn't think nothin of it. when I got to my destination...it didn't charge at all! Every since then I keep an eye on it but its been doin good. Some times it just doesnt work though. I have to replug it until it starts charging.
    Critical: The pre is finnicky, especially using the Touchstone, about which charger works. Apparently the rating of the charger will impact whether it works. I have tried 2 different lower price/quality chargers: BestBuy Brand and a Frye's brand out of China, neither worked with the TouchStone... so, just be advised.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    I bought a sprint oem car charger i plugged it in to test it and it charged..next day I got in my car plugged it in and didn't think nothin of it. when I got to my destination...it didn't charge at all! Every since then I keep an eye on it but its been doin good. Some times it just doesnt work though. I have to replug it until it starts charging.
    Perhaps your local Sprint store can swap it out for you? I think they have a 1yr warranty. (Couldn't hurt to ask.) Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    Perhaps your local Sprint store can swap it out for you? I think they have a 1yr warranty. (Couldn't hurt to ask.) Good luck.
    I forgot to mention it was 8.85 shipped on eBay. Was worth it imo id be pissed off if i paid 30 bucks at a sprint store!!! I don't know why cell carriers charge so high for in store stuff.
    I picked up a cheap set off ebay and it's worked out great so far. No problems at all.
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    trim81 is selling the OEM Pre car chargers in the marketplace forum for $10 dlv'd. I bought one and received it two days later.

http://forums.precentral.net/marketp...rger-10-a.html