Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    Just installed the front. The shield extends past the front of the pre on all sides...so this will stick to the back slider. Are you supposed to tuck it in between the front and back slider? Or is it supposed to shrink after drying?
  2. #2  
    not sure the right way, but.....the back went on with no overlap, the front did have a little on the edge and i used a exacto blade to trim it. important thing is that the ear and mic spot are open!
  3. sanmanc's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #3  
    It will shrink some. I just installed mine yesterday. If you go onto zagg.com and look up the install instructions they do a tip involving a blow dryer. Read it before trying.
    i500 --> Treo650 --> PPC6700 --> MotoQ --> Instinct --> Treo800w --> HTC Mogul/Palm Prē
  4. stubbs's Avatar
    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    #4  
    After trying Invisible Shield on my wife's Instinct, I went with the PhantomSkinz on my Pre. Much smoother, less tacky, less orange peel-ness, and overall, I like it better. Just my $.02
  5. #5  
    I had the Shield on mine for about 3 days and got fed up with it and peeled it off. I'll never put another one on it.
  6. GenX's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #6  
    I love the ghost armor I had installed. It's like it's not even there!
  7. #7  
    Uh Oh. I have the Zagg IS on my Treo Pro and love it but this doesn't sound good. How is the capacitive touch screen after the Inv Shield is placed on it?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  8. GenX's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #8  
    The GA is supposed to be like the IS. if it is then it will have no effect. I think mine is even alittle better. But I paid the extra 10 bucks for the install. And it is perfect.
  9. #9  
    I have to second the stubbs' PhantomSkinz recommendation. I put one on each of my 3 Pre's (first time ever installing a skin). They all three came out flawless; perfectly clear, absolutely smooth.
  10.    #10  
    I gave up on the Zagg already. I know I'm supposed to wait a day or so for the bubbles to disappear, but the overlaps are just unacceptable.

    I cut the little tab from the static film that came with the phone and using that instead temporarily.

    All I really wanted was the actual screen to be covered anyway and not the whole front since I've already ordered an Amzer silicon body skin to protect the phone.
  11. #11  
    I was initially disappointed in the invisible shield on my Pre but must say after about a week it smoothed out and is now just about perfect. I was very concerned about the sides and corners peeling but those fears have turned out to be unfounded.

    It did take 3 or 4 tries to get the IS installed correctly but in the end it protects well and has no negative impact on the touch screen's reactivity.
  12. #12  
    I never had an overlap. I have use an IS on all my devices. I must say the Pre's was actually a little more difficult than the rest to put on. I even had one on my Touch Pro. Yeah, try to find a video for that bad boy when it's brand new. It had like 12 pieces, no instructions.

    It took me about 20 minutes to get each side on. I went through a couple bottles of the Spray. You have to line them up perfectly. Also, don't stretch them when putting them on. If you stretch it, it makes it bigger.. These things are basically the exact dimensions, to the millimeter, and any stretching will cause it to not fit properly.

    Luckily the first shield I received from zagg.com had a bad defect in the film. It arrived with a bunch of thinner spots in it. It looked similar to stretch marks, but these went all the way through the film, including the edges. I got to use this as practice while waiting on the new one to arrive. It still took me 15 minutes a side to get the new one on. But its perfect now. I can show you pics if you want.. Oh, only one flaw, a spec of dust under the screen side. It's been on for 30 days now and no issues. No corner peels, no blemishes, nothing. Great product!
  13. #13  
    Worst thing you can do to your Pre is to install the InvisibleShield from Zagg. Do yourself a favor and get something else. I'm more than happy with Phantomskins.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Worst thing you can do to your Pre is to install the InvisibleShield from Zagg. Do yourself a favor and get something else. I'm more than happy with Phantomskins.
    What is your reasoning for this? Did you put it on yourself or have a "real zagg person" put it on (not a BB geek, they can't fold a piece of paper in half)?

    My IvisibleShield from Zagg is the best thing I did for my Pre. It has already saved my hide several times, and not a scratch on it. Plus, when I received the bad one in the mail (manuf. defect) they next-day aired me a new one for free (no shipping charges at all, etc). They have excellent customer support and are wonderful company to work with. They even upgrade your warranty to your new phone. I went from a HTC Touch Pro to a Palm Pre and got to order a replacement for my Touch Pro as a Palm Pre. They labeled it as a "handset warranty upgrade". I am like 4 devices in now on an InivisibleShield and only paid once. Oh, and never had an issue with any of them. I know how to put them on properly.. it's like window tint, or a window sticker, or a car wrap... Time, Patience, steady hands and eyes, lots of lube, a good squeegee, and usually a good hairdryer with a COOL setting. Oh wait, we were talking about a shield right? J/K.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by decibel View Post
    What is your reasoning for this? Did you put it on yourself or have a "real zagg person" put it on (not a BB geek, they can't fold a piece of paper in half)?

    My IvisibleShield from Zagg is the best thing I did for my Pre. It has already saved my hide several times, and not a scratch on it. Plus, when I received the bad one in the mail (manuf. defect) they next-day aired me a new one for free (no shipping charges at all, etc). They have excellent customer support and are wonderful company to work with. They even upgrade your warranty to your new phone. I went from a HTC Touch Pro to a Palm Pre and got to order a replacement for my Touch Pro as a Palm Pre. They labeled it as a "handset warranty upgrade". I am like 4 devices in now on an InivisibleShield and only paid once. Oh, and never had an issue with any of them. I know how to put them on properly.. it's like window tint, or a window sticker, or a car wrap... Time, Patience, steady hands and eyes, lots of lube, a good squeegee, and usually a good hairdryer with a COOL setting. Oh wait, we were talking about a shield right? J/K.
    I've had both and the PhantomSkin is better no question about it. It's like saying "Bud Light" is the best beer ever made, but you've never tried Sam Adams, Sierra Nevada, etc.
  16. #16  
    Just be patient and use lots of fluid. both sides of the skin, your finger and a spritz on the pre.

    Align the skin and smooth out from the center. Take your time....slow is good !

    After not being patient etc.. the first time, I was the second, and it came out perfect. It does shrink a little after drying.

    Dropped it today. The back flew off and not a scratch !!
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I've had both and the PhantomSkin is better no question about it. It's like saying "Bud Light" is the best beer ever made, but you've never tried Sam Adams, Sierra Nevada, etc.
    I've owned both. Especially on my Ipod Touch 2G. The PhantomSkin pealed up badly on the corners. Not so much on the IS. I guess it's more so personal preference and how well it was installed.
  18. #18  
    Just installed mine... I have the touchstone (TS) , so I was interested in how it would work... TS works with cloth bag they give you, so yeah it does work with the IS case... Then I thought... Why not install the back and try it out first, then do the front with experience... Well, the TS back isn't smooth like the front, don't know if that contributed, but the back came out really bad... but who cares!! It's the back!! Besides, it should get a little better after a day, right??? So I decided to go for it and do the front as well... To my surprise, the front was perfect. no bubbles AT ALL!! I also got liberal with the sponge... I figured, it can dry out if it gets a little wet... So, I bet the original back would have been perfect to, but I figure, just cover the whole thing and get the protrection... Also, nothing overlapped for me at all in the slightest... All holes line up perfectly ... and I'm a clutz!
  19. a.u.c's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    #19  
    Just installed the IS today and I love it... the feel is different but I will adjust. Tried to put on a faceplate I brought from bestbuy and found out it couldnt fit w/ IS...any alternative anyone as far as which rubbersleeve or hard faceplate to use w/ invisible shield.
    Device: Palm Pre
    EOS: Palm webOS 1.1.0 release date 7/23
    OSK: Linux
    IMS: 8GB
  20. #20  
    I got the zagg one. I'm not mad at it. It does feel sticky though but I've gotten use to it. Still a few bubbles left. I wish I used more fluid! Oh well. I guess I'll wait until I buy another one, since it already cost me $30 for this one. 8 out 10 for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions