Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IS is great. Phantom Skins ok. As for the IS, I put together a very nice step by step walkthrough on the install. Works with most shields.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ow-thread.html
    Back when I first bought my Pre, I read reviews on here and purchased a Zagg skin ($15 shipped). Installed it, and kept it on there for about 3 weeks. There were wrinkles, and the skin itself had manufacturer defects (creases) which were not too large, but were noticeable on-screen every time I used my Pre.

I read more on these forums, and a co-worker who also has a Pre showed me his skin which was a PhantomSkinz. I was impressed with how closely it resembled the factory plastic cover that came on it (which was flawless/smooth/clear). The Zagg was way too tacky and missed a lot of my taps. Plus, it attracted a lot of dust on the edges, and made the phone look like it was already 2 yrs old (not clean, smooth and new).

I removed the Zagg (what a waste of $15) and installed the PhantomSkinz, much happier except for the fact that the skin is seriously much less durable. Both Phantoms arrived damaged. I left a scotch tape dispenser on top of one of them and it became permanently damaged which was really weird. Overall though, the useability is much improved with the PhantomSkins.
    I will have to make a post here in support of the Zagg IS. I was walking thru the mall yesterday (MD) and I saw this booth with a bunch of people standing around. A couple of guys were getting the new Iphone 3Gs done so I stood there and watched the installer put it on. They also had this video running that showed the strength of the ZAGG material.

They installed it (front only) for $20 bucks and thus far, I've been extremely pleased. No bubbles, slightly stickier than without, but I definitley feel protected. I also have the Sprint case for the pre that attaches to your belt and I notice that it's slightly harder for me to pull the Pre out of the case due to increased friction. Other than that, I'm a happy camper.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    My IS is now totally smooth and no bubbles, no orange peel look, etc. Screen works perfectly with it on.

The only issue I have is the corners. They are not peeling back, but there are seams I can feel where the IS is cut to shape around the corners. I assume this is normal and would be true of any skin. Is that correct?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    ^Ya mine was like that as well.
    removed the Zagg (what a waste of $15) and installed the PhantomSkinz, much happier except for the fact that the skin is seriously much less durable. Both Phantoms arrived damaged. I left a scotch tape dispenser on top of one of them and it became permanently damaged which was really weird. Overall though, the useability is much improved with the PhantomSkins.
    So does this mean the PhantomSkin is less durable than the IS?

I currently have a full body IS. I let the BB guy install it when I went back to get a charger (plus the OEM screen protector was coming off). It went on pretty good, aside from places where I got impatient and messed with, even though he said it would settle. But overall its a good fit. Main problem are corners of shield catch dirt and sweat and look just dirty. Does the phantom have these same "catches"?
    Or does someone know a way to clean this area?
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I installed my own invisible shields, front and back, on two Pre's. Both look great. I found installation to be pretty easy too--much easier than the old skool screen protectors I used to use on my old Palm TX and Treos.

Just take your time, follow the directions, don't get in a hurry. No need to rush. Relax. Goes on smooth as butter.

Both Pre installs are nice. Took about a week for the last little bubbles to disappear (just as advertised).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12