Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Update 8/13/09 - amazon has put them back on sale...see last page for details.

Update: Amazon has taken the battery off of its site. 7/13/09

Amazon.com: Seidio BACY26PMPRE-BK Innocell 2600mAh Extended Life Battery for Use with Palm Pre (Black): Cell Phones & Service

They're out of stock, but ordering now will lock in the price. And you know how Amazon will change prices at any moment...
    Last edited by amateurhack; 08/19/2009 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Amazon took it down. Sorry!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip. Can't wait for pics and review.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll wait for more details from Seidio before I pull the trigger. I just want to make sure the battery door it comes with works with the Touchstone.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Almost certain you will find it on the Seido site as soon as Amazon starts shipping.
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
    Just bought it.. Can't wait to it starts shipping!
  6.    #6  
    I doubt it's going to work with touchstone, but in my case, that's not important. But I do see why some will want that feature.

However, if you want to lock in the price, amazon will not charge your card until they start shipping, which is why I went ahead and ordered it. If for any reason you decide in the interim that it isn't what you want, you can cancel. Personally I would prefer a smooth shiny back cover, but the company that has the 2800mah battery with the smooth cover is asking $80 and it ain't seidio, whom I trust. So, maybe i'll try one of those later, and maybe i'l get lucky and their cover will work with the Seidio battery. I know, wishful thinking.
  7.    #7  
    Btw,

I'll be checking the price every day, and if the price goes down, I'll cancel my previous order to get the better price. Like I said, amazon changes prices frequently.
    I want to see how horrible this bulging back plate is, before I spent $50. I can probably be happy with the stock sized "larger" battery they make if I buy an aftermarket one at all.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkims View Post
    I want to see how horrible this bulging back plate is, before I spent $50. I can probably be happy with the stock sized "larger" battery they make if I buy an aftermarket one at all.
    Yeah, I don't blame you there. Personally, not going to ba problem. I'm one of those function over form guys. =)

Of course, we could all make comments about how horrible your avatar looks! Lol.
    Last edited by amateurhack; 07/12/2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Just 'cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    I doubt it's going to work with touchstone, but in my case, that's not important. But I do see why some will want that feature.

However, if you want to lock in the price, amazon will not charge your card until they start shipping, which is why I went ahead and ordered it. If for any reason you decide in the interim that it isn't what you want, you can cancel. Personally I would prefer a smooth shiny back cover, but the company that has the 2800mah battery with the smooth cover is asking $80 and it ain't seidio, whom I trust. So, maybe i'll try one of those later, and maybe i'l get lucky and their cover will work with the Seidio battery. I know, wishful thinking.
    This will not work with the Touchstone. No way no how. Have to wait til they start selling a third party Touchstone back. Just more money to shell out.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Dimensions are twice the thickness of the regular, or even the 1350mAh batteries. Looks like this is going to require a custom back cover.
    yea Seido already is releasing the 1350 battery too... this one adds like 20% to the current battery and ya dont need to make the phone bulkier...
    seidioonline.com/product-p/basi13pmx3.htm
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    any pics with backing?
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    Yeah, I don't blame you there. Personally, not going to ba problem. I'm one of those function over form guys. =)

Of course, we could all make comments about how horrible your avatar looks! Lol.
    Haha. It is terrible isn't it? :P
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    you'd think they would take a picture!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesforsalvador View Post
    you'd think they would take a picture!
    Yeah, I don't think it actually exists yet in its final form, so no picture until then for sure...

I another thread on a related subject, the seidio dude posted that they were working on touchstone functionality. He wasn't clear about whether this would be available on this battery, but at least there's some hope there for future batteries.
    In for one. I've purchased a Seidio 3200 mah battery for my old PPC-6700 4 years ago and it worked like a champ and still does today. It came with a custom back cover as just about all Seidio extended batteries do.

Seidio has already mentioned in this forum that they are specifically working to get this battery compatible with the Touchstone charger.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    looks like amazon took it off their website along with the different innocase colors
  19.    #19  
    Yep. It's gone. I bet they messed up, and started selling it too soon. Seidio did put a picture of ir up on their site though, so that is a step in the right direction. I'd be willing to bet that if it ever comes back to Amazon, it will never be that inexpensive again. If you missed it, I'm sorry.
    Yea the price was definitely a steal. If they cancel our orders I will be pissed >=(
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast