Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yea, I'm not sure what my next move is either. Pretty sure Seidio pulled the plug on this deal. Shame they didn't decide to honor it.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
  2.    #42  
    Seidio knows that they will sell a lot more of those batteries in the end by putting it on Amazon. So it's just a matter of when and how much. I'm going to give it 3 weeks, then I'll probably order from mobilecity if seidio hasn't worked it out with amazon at that point.
    Just a side note,

I sell on amazon. When companies do this sort of thing it really hurts their rating with Amazon. Sometimes to the point that they lose or have their account suspended on amazon. So Im sure they think they can make much more then this by pricing low and having many orders, taking the chance and getting the marks on their account.

Either way its bad busienss. I might buy from the other compnay selling the battery just because of this bad business practice.
    I believe the items were sourced directly from Amazon and not simply sold "through" Amazon and supplied by Seidio. If that is the case, it would not impact Seidio in any manner on Amazon's ratings?
    I'm guessing Seidio simply canceled their supply to Amazon.

Still bad business. They (Amazon and Seidio) should have honored the sales that were placed.
  5.    #45  
    That's right: Seidio does not have an amazon "store," they are just a supplier to amazon. This may have been as simple as seidio not being able to fulfill amazon's order at the price they originally quoted to amazon as development costs exceeded expectations.
    Amazon has pulled ALL Seidio products from there website. Guess they are money hungry and don't want Amazon beating there price.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Amazon has pulled ALL Seidio products from there website. Guess they are money hungry and don't want Amazon beating there price.
    ummm...Don't know what happened there, but I still see a bunch of listings for Seidio, including just from Amazon (not a "store.") I doubt Seidio would want to shoot themselves in the foot that badly yet.

Amazon.com: seidio
    Doesn't surprise me. Amazon has been going downhill with some of their new policies.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by smithwicks View Post
    Doesn't surprise me. Amazon has been going downhill with some of their new policies.
    Really? I use Amazon all the time. What's up? I hadn't noticed anything.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Doesn't it make sense that Seidio fills their customer orders before 3rd party orders? It makes complete business sense to me. That's why Sprint stores had more Pres than BB, even though you were better off going to BB because of the instant rebate. Give it a couple of weeks, when the demand is lower, and I bet you will be able to get it then.
  11.    #51  
    I got a pm from Seidio that says they had nothing to do with Amazon pulling the batteries, fwiw. At least he was nice enough to respond to my inquiry. Keep an eye on Amazon, the batteries will be back eventually.
  12.    #52  
    They're baaack!

And at the same price.

But there is weirdness. Search on amazon for seidio palm pre, and you will find a listing for it under mobilcity. Click on that, and you will se a link for used or new starting at $49.10. click on that to see the amazon listing. This just means they haven't got a page up for it yet. Also, they are still saying 2-4 weeks. I went ahead and ordered. I'll let y'all know what happens.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    For those of you who have ordered these batteries with the extended cases, doesn't it affect your ability to take pictures? The lens itself is directly on the back of the Pre, and with the backplates being spaced as they are from the Pre, I would assume it greatly affects the lens line of sight.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitalis View Post
    For those of you who have ordered these batteries with the extended cases, doesn't it affect your ability to take pictures? The lens itself is directly on the back of the Pre, and with the backplates being spaced as they are from the Pre, I would assume it greatly affects the lens line of sight.
    The other thread has a lot about that. Seidio has promised to provide replacements for any who have trouble.

As for me, I don't care either way. I just need the juice.
  15.    #55  
    Interesting development today. Amazon sent me an order update email indicationg that the batteries would ship sooner than expected, with an arrival date of 9/4. On the website, the order status indicated a shipping date of 8/24. You still have to go through the backdoor, if you will, to find them. I guess they aren't trying to advertize them too much after what happened last time.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Seidio takes 10% off the price of the battery when they ship it to you. I got mine for <$60. IT works great. I highly recommend it.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    Seidio takes 10% off the price of the battery when they ship it to you. I got mine for <$60. IT works great. I highly recommend it.
    That's good to know. I've read a lot of the reviews on the other thread. There seems to be two camps: those that love it, and those that have issues with some sort of problems with the camera and the new back cover. I have seen no complaints about the battery itself.

Amazon's price is still $49.10 with free shipping. I waited to see if Amazon would offer it again at the same price before ordering. While I probably would have ordered it this week from Seidio anyway, I was in a position to wait a while, and now i'm glad I did. It's noce to save $10+ when you can.
  18.    #58  
    Well, got my battery on Monday, and lovin' it. 3 weeks earlier than expected too.

If you want this battery, don't spend more than $50.
    I just ordered one. They say they are in stock. Paid $49.10 shipped.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123