Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59
  1.    #21  
    I've had this happen before once, and they followed through and honored the price, so I an hopeful.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    This will not work with the Touchstone. No way no how. Have to wait til they start selling a third party Touchstone back. Just more money to shell out.
    Pardon me for sticking my nose in but i keep reading people saying that it wont work with the touchstone and i disagree. The touchstone back has a circle which seems to receive the charge and then transfers it over 2 contact which you can see if you pop off your back cover. The touchstone would just send the charge and the back cover would convert it and send it through the phone to the battery it seems. By saying the touchstone wouldn't work, its almost like saying the charger wouldn't work either. However, i could be wrong.
  3. #23  
    has anyone tried any aftermarket battery with any success yet? i got my pre yesterday and something that the salesman told me was to never take out the battery cause it will brick the phone. i asked him about the larger aftermarket batteries i have seen on the internet and he laughed and said "then it must be a scam." I've bought stuff from Seidio before for my other phones and they seem like a decent company so i would like to believe that if Seidio makes it, it should work. can anyone confirm that replacing the battery is safe?
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ambulanceonfire View Post
    Pardon me for sticking my nose in but i keep reading people saying that it wont work with the touchstone and i disagree. The touchstone back has a circle which seems to receive the charge and then transfers it over 2 contact which you can see if you pop off your back cover. The touchstone would just send the charge and the back cover would convert it and send it through the phone to the battery it seems. By saying the touchstone wouldn't work, its almost like saying the charger wouldn't work either. However, i could be wrong.
    If the battery is too thick that you can't put on the touchstone cover that is how it won't work.
  5. #25  
    Seidio just released a case that lets the Pre charge with the Touchstone. The fact that the Pre Touchstone charges with the case on makes me more confident that the replacement back for the 2600mAh will also be Touchstone compatible. We shall see soon...
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by ambulanceonfire View Post
    Pardon me for sticking my nose in but i keep reading people saying that it wont work with the touchstone and i disagree. The touchstone back has a circle which seems to receive the charge and then transfers it over 2 contact which you can see if you pop off your back cover. The touchstone would just send the charge and the back cover would convert it and send it through the phone to the battery it seems. By saying the touchstone wouldn't work, its almost like saying the charger wouldn't work either. However, i could be wrong.
    The deal on the special back cover with the touchstone has 2 important parts that make it functional: 1.) the back has to be magnetically attractive so it stays on the touchstone, and 2.) it has an inducer coil to convert the e.m. field into an electrical current to charge the battery. If the cover that comes with the battery that this thread is about lacks either of these, it is not "touchstone compatible" and therefore will not "work" with the touchstone.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinreed2 View Post
    has anyone tried any aftermarket battery with any success yet? i got my pre yesterday and something that the salesman told me was to never take out the battery cause it will brick the phone. i asked him about the larger aftermarket batteries i have seen on the internet and he laughed and said "then it must be a scam." I've bought stuff from Seidio before for my other phones and they seem like a decent company so i would like to believe that if Seidio makes it, it should work. can anyone confirm that replacing the battery is safe?
    Yes. There are a couple of threads going on right now where people have purchased the +20% seidio battery and it is working for them.
  8. #28  
    If your worried about bricking the phone (which you shouldn't be), but you can always hold the power button then do a shut down that way before removing the battery.
  9. 02589's Avatar
    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    #29  
    The same technology that makes the Touchstone back work with the Touchstone "COULD" be incorporated into a back that supported a battery of any thickness. In theory, the battery could be 6 inches thick, and a Touchstone capable back could be easily built into the cover. The only limitation I see is the power of the magnet on the Touchstone versus the weight of the assembled Pre, battery, and back.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkims View Post
    Haha. It is terrible isn't it? :P
    Awww! You Changed IT!
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    The deal on the special back cover with the touchstone has 2 important parts that make it functional: 1.) the back has to be magnetically attractive so it stays on the touchstone, and 2.) it has an inducer coil to convert the e.m. field into an electrical current to charge the battery. If the cover that comes with the battery that this thread is about lacks either of these, it is not "touchstone compatible" and therefore will not "work" with the touchstone.
    There are no covers that come with the battery. I think we are all are pretty solid on the knowledge of having to have the touchstone compatible back.

    For one of the posters saying it wouldn't work because the battery is too big. The battery is exactly on spec with the original battery size.

    You guys are worse than conspiracy theorists! lol. It will work. Ill bet my palm pre on it
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by ambulanceonfire View Post
    There are no covers that come with the battery. I think we are all are pretty solid on the knowledge of having to have the touchstone compatible back.

    For one of the posters saying it wouldn't work because the battery is too big. The battery is exactly on spec with the original battery size.

    You guys are worse than conspiracy theorists! lol. It will work. Ill bet my palm pre on it
    Uhhh... I'm sorry, but you must be talking about a different battery. The 2600mah battery spec says it is almost twice the thickness of the stock battery, and the Seidio site specifically says that it comes with a rubberized textured cover. Go here: Innocell Extended Life Battery

    Sorry, no conspiracies here. In fact, I work real hard to keep everything as transparent as possible.
  13. #33  
    Innocell Extended Life Battery

    Too thick for standard touchstone back. Comes with custom backing. Will not work with touchstone back ATM.

    Case closed.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    Uhhh... I'm sorry, but you must be talking about a different battery. The 2600mah battery spec says it is almost twice the thickness of the stock battery, and the Seidio site specifically says that it comes with a rubberized textured cover.
    indeed i did think it was the other battery.

    it will definitely not work with the touchstone
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by ambulanceonfire View Post
    indeed i did think it was the other battery.

    it will definitely not work with the touchstone
    Agreed, there is no technology in the world to make this work. If my calculations are correct, it's impossible.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    Agreed, there is no technology in the world to make this work. If my calculations are correct, it's impossible.
    lol. Maybe we should ask doc brown to go 6 weeks into the future and find out if the thing works or not.
  17. digink's Avatar
    Posts
    322 Posts
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    lol. Maybe we should ask doc brown to go 6 weeks into the future and find out if the thing works or not.
    I'll supply the Banana Peels

  18. #38  
    Surprise Surprise. Amazon cancelled my order. >=T
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
  19.    #39  
    Yep. Mine too. Like I said, i've had Amazon "delete" an item after I had ordered it once before, and they still followed through on that one. But after they cancelled the orders for the cases last week, I had a feeling this might be coming. I guess that Seidio is trying to capitalize on the early demand...oh well.
  20.    #40  
    Well, after considering my options, I think I'm going to wait a few weeks and see if it shows up on amazon again. Seidio charges tax, and shipping. Even with the 10% off they are offering, that still drives the price up quite a bit. Mobilecity has the 10% off worked into their price with shipping it appears. If amazon gets it, even at full retail, it won't cost as much as either of those. While I really need this battery, I don't need it so much I can't wait a few weeks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions