Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Has anyone installed a Motorola T605 themselves? I'm looking into adding blue tooth/A2dp capabilities to my '06 Honda Accord and have been looking at the T605. I know that I'll need to buy a 3rd party wiring harness (because I don't want to splice the existing wiring), but would like to bounce some questions off anyone that has actually installed one themselves.

I've been looking all over the internet, but haven't had any luck in finding a simple step-by-step installation. Was hoping to see some pictures of the wiring so that I know exactly which/what wiring harness to buy.

PS: I don't want to have anything via FM transmitter because of the poor audio quality and the pain of changing stations all the time...

Thanks for all the help!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Have you seen the installation guide from Motorola?

https://motorola-global-en-usa.custh...ountry_code=US

It's not a difficult install but it takes some time. You don't need a wiring harness you just need to know how (and where) to tap in to ground, constant power, and ignition. If you aren't comfortable doing this you really should get it professionally installed.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Ya, I've seen the manual, just don't know which wires to tap into for constant power and ignition for my Accord (gonna keep searching though). Thought I could get some pictures/video of someone else's install, plus then I would be able to ask questions about their install.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    What year Accord? It's easy to find a wiring guide online when you know the specific car.

That's if you want to tap it behind the radio (probably what I'd do). If you want to use the fuse box as they suggest you just need to get yourself a multi-meter and test the fuses to find one (two actually) that do what you're looking for.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    That was going to be my next question, lol. Anyone know where to find the stereo wiring diagram for a 2006 Honda Accord Ex. It has a 6 disc CD changer and XM radio.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    This tells you where to get them from the ignition harness: Diagrams

I'd probably recommend the multi-meter approach at the back of the radio or the fuse box, depending on where you wanted to install the unit.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Can someone with the T605 give me the measurements for the interface module (the actual piece that you see). I'm hoping that it'll fit nicely in my "ashtray" area.

Can't post links or images or I'd post a picture of the piece that I need measured....
    FYI you could instead go wireless with the T505.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by northward View Post
    FYI you could instead go wireless with the T505.

See original post.
    Quote Originally Posted by jap00_34 View Post
    PS: I don't want to have anything via FM transmitter because of the poor audio quality and the pain of changing stations all the time...
    Quote Originally Posted by jap00_34 View Post
    See original post.
    Missed that part of it.
    I would go for t505 but I have an '09 accord and the fm transmition is perfect on it... I used to have an '06 accord and I tried the t505 in it before I turned it in and it was very "staticy"

ps. the '06 accord had the xm hookedup through where the aux would be in the console wiring. You'd have to look it up but you might have to disconnect the xm radio wiring to get the bluetooth setup
    Quote Originally Posted by trucanes99 View Post
    I would go for t505 but I have an '09 accord and the fm transmition is perfect on it... I used to have an '06 accord and I tried the t505 in it before I turned it in and it was very "staticy"
    Ground loop isolator.
    Ground loop isolator.

english, please?
    Quote Originally Posted by trucanes99 View Post
    english, please?
    Sorry. If you're getting a high-pitched whine or hiss from the device in one vehicle, but not the other, the solution is to install a decent ground loop isolator in the offending vehicle.
    Sorry. If you're getting a high-pitched whine or hiss from the device in one vehicle, but not the other, the solution is to install a decent ground loop isolator in the offending vehicle.
    k, thanks...

glad I don't need one of those in my new whip

honestly, I mostly use the t505 speaker instead of transmitting it through fm. And I just use my aux to play ipod/pre tunes....