Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    CHICAGO, July 10 /PRNewswire/ -- Callpod, Chicago's emerging innovator of value-driven mobile accessories and software applications, has announced that the Fueltank bundle is now available at Palm (Palm USA - Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses). Callpod created the original award-winning multiple-device charger, the Chargepod(R) and more recently introduced Keeper(TM), a military-grade, encrypted password and data vault software for Smartphones and Computers.

The Fueltank is the most powerful emergency device charger in its class. No other device charger has more power or flexibility. It can rapidly charge two mobile devices at the same time and has the capacity of 7 standard mobile phones. It can charge over 3,000 different devices across all major manufacturers. Smartphones, Cell Phones, GPS Units, PDAs, Game Systems, Bluetooth(R) Headsets, Digital Cameras, Digital Readers, MP3/iPods -- Fueltank does them all with no outlet. It's lightweight, thin and fits right into a bag, briefcase or purse. The Fueltank is a must have especially if you travel.
    Callpod(R) Further Expands its Value-Driven Brand Fueltank(R) - The Ultimate Self-Powered Charger for Palm Pre(TM) Launches at Palm Store
    Wow. That's pretty awesome. I wonder if it would be wiser to dish out the extra bucks for that rather than for the extended life or extra battery? Thanks for posting this
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    Wow. That's pretty awesome. I wonder if it would be wiser to dish out the extra bucks for that rather than for the extended life or extra battery? Thanks for posting this
    Well, it's on sale now for $69.99. I think it's pretty handy given it doesn't require an outlet:

Callpod Fueltank® with MicroUSB Adapter - Palm Accessories
    The Pre will also charge fine with many other USB based battery solutions. Most of the same capacity are far cheaper than $70.
    The value to one of these (I have a couple by a different manufacturer) is that you don't have to shut down the phone to extend battery life. Really, that's pretty huge. You do, though, have to carry the charger itself (which is larger than a battery) and, with the kind that I have, a cable. This one looks like its cable is much smaller than normal (and built in?), but the charger itself looks pretty big. Also, you have to open the microUSB port cover on the Pre and hang the charger off it, which of course makes the Pre more unwieldy.

Trade offs all around, I think. Size and portability vs. the convenience of not needing to reboot. This is one time when the longish boot time of the Pre definitely comes into play.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    but does this thing need batteries to charge? bc it says no outlets needed to charge
    imo it seems like a waste of money...70 bucks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    but does this thing need batteries to charge? bc it says no outlets needed to charge
    No outlets needed to charge the Pre. Outlets needed to charge the charger.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I have and been using the CallPod for some time for in the car and Travel it works great.

I was looking for another solution to getting more Battery life when I'm away all day (amusementparks) the Instinct was great I had 2 spare batteries with the cases and could charge them and the Phone right up until I got out of the car.

Well this back is a bit more of a pain to get off and I would have to get a few batteries and chargecase tings so I was looking into the FuelCell (discount from callpod Call345 ).

However as I was looking I ended up getting one of these Motorola p790 for way less and it has worked great with a Mini to Micro adaptor that you can find all over E-bay as well.

The way they both work is you charge them and then take it with you and you charge your phone off that on the go.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Yeah, but how long does it take to charge up a device? The same as plugging it into a wall? This would be good I guess if you don't have ready access to a plug for a while (like camping overnight) I suppose. But unless it can flash charge a device, then why?
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Gotta admit, it does look pretty cool with the flashing lights and all...little pricey though for $70.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Best Buy has it for $49.99
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    The spec says 500ma per port....don't think that will do the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    No outlets needed to charge the Pre. Outlets needed to charge the charger.
    We hook out USB battery to a laptop or computer USB if you want. My wife keeps one in her purse.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    How about a Touchstone FuelTank? When are they going to have that?
    I would not buy one because it does not have USB ports. All the adapters are proprietary. I like my Sprint powerpack. I can charge any of my devices with it as long as they came with a USB cable.
    Last edited by rc46; 07/11/2009 at 08:31 AM.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by flyin2low View Post
    How about a Touchstone FuelTank? When are they going to have that?
    that would be pretty cool...sorta like a roll-up thingy that you could lay the pre on and charge without plugging in....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Now THATS what I'm talking about!

Almost 4 times the battery power for $50. Now that's a deal!

I was waiting for Mophie to do a Pre Juice pack, but this looks terrific!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast