Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I would not buy one because it does not have USB ports. All the adapters are proprietary.
    Well, in fairness, you can always plug that proprietary connector into a micro-USB extension cable. Here's a 6-footer for $16.95: Micro-B Extensions - Micro-B USB Extension Cable
  2. #22  
    Would the Sprint Portable Power Pack work. I purchased it new for $20 last year for my 800W ( Just need to find it now) but there always on Ebay for like $10. 2200mAh . 5V / 1 amp. Not sure if that can be used to power the PRE or charge it.

    SPRINT PORTABLE POWER PACK W/AC POWER CELL - eBay (item 140327885967 end time Jul-18-09 05:51:30 PDT)
  3. #23  
    This can be useful but its just another thing to carry, no thanks.
  4. DSPKweb's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    #24  
    Been looking at this but thinking that for less $ you can get the extended battery and either USB or touchstone it and then change them out without too much of a hassle. And it is more compact to take with you.
  5. dbett's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    #25  
    I'm just waiting for my MintyBoost kit to arrive. I prefer replaceable batteries in a device like this.
  6. #26  
    I have one of these - $49 at best buy. Can charge 2 palm pre's from 0--->100% not bad. It is bulky. Energizer makes one that they sell at staples. That one works well and is same size as the Pre but only charges the device up 3/4 of the way.
  7. #27  
    The wires that lead out from teh fueltank --> microusb are fragile - do not twist or dangle the pre from it! I had to get a replacement - fortunately the company sent me a free replacement.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by curtissc View Post
    The spec says 500ma per port....don't think that will do the trick.
    It should, as long as you aren't using it on a Touchstone. Computer USB ports are limited to 500ma. The Touchstone needs more, not the Pre. At least, that's how I understand all the information I've read on the subject.

    On a side note, there is always solar power:

    A tad pricey($160 MSRP), but unlimited power
    Not out yet, but looks promising.

    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I would not buy one because it does not have USB ports. All the adapters are proprietary. I like my Sprint powerpack. I can charge any of my devices with it as long as they came with a USB cable.
    An option for you, sir
    Last edited by Speedwagon; 09/19/2009 at 02:10 AM.
  9. PreGk's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    #29  
    I've been using this for well over a month (Callpod Fueltank). It charges at about 1%/minute. I use it with the miniUSB connector that came with it and a microUSB adapter, sometimes with the stock Pre cable and the usb connector I bought. I use it every day, especially when listening to podcasts in the subway, to keep my battery full.
  10. PreGk's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    #30  
    update: the connectors are fragile! I have been using mine in a backpack and the bending of the wires has definitely ruined my connector. Anyone else?
  11. #31  
    What is the capacity? I could not find it anywhere.
    I have one from Black and Decker that has two USB ports and a 110 outlet on it that I have used when I was at the race track. Pretty handy when you are away from another power source. I bet it would power my touchstone just fine. Where's my duct tape?
  12. PreGk's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    What is the capacity? I could not find it anywhere.
    I have one from Black and Decker that has two USB ports and a 110 outlet on it that I have used when I was at the race track. Pretty handy when you are away from another power source. I bet it would power my touchstone just fine. Where's my duct tape?
    Not sure exactly, but over 4000mah for the duo.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    Not sure exactly, but over 4000mah for the duo.
    Strangely enough, my power pack his gone missing so I can't check it.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I have one from Black and Decker that has two USB ports and a 110 outlet on it that I have used when I was at the race track. Pretty handy when you are away from another power source. I bet it would power my touchstone just fine. Where's my duct tape?
    The Touchstone needs 1A and the connecting cable has to have the data lines (white and green wires) tied together so that the TS knows that it's plugged into hardware that can feed it 1A. If you can pull 500 mA off of each port of your B&D unit you could create a custom Y cable that combines them and has the data pins shorted. Though probably just a single cable with the pins shorted would do it, as I doubt B&D would have built it with the added cost of per-port current limiting components... It would be a fun experiment to try.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

    PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
  15. digink's Avatar
    Posts
    322 Posts
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Now THATS what I'm talking about!

    Almost 4 times the battery power for $50. Now that's a deal!

    I was waiting for Mophie to do a Pre Juice pack, but this looks terrific!
    Do you know if they ever plan on doing a juice pack for the Pre? That's what I've been waiting for also.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    The Touchstone needs 1A and the connecting cable has to have the data lines (white and green wires) tied together so that the TS knows that it's plugged into hardware that can feed it 1A. If you can pull 500 mA off of each port of your B&D unit you could create a custom Y cable that combines them and has the data pins shorted. Though probably just a single cable with the pins shorted would do it, as I doubt B&D would have built it with the added cost of per-port current limiting components... It would be a fun experiment to try.
    Found it this morning under some magazines.. no capacity listed on it. If I remember the model # correctly, it is 4Ah. The usb ports are stated as being 500ma. It seemed to charge the phone just fine via the usb port, but it would not work with the touchstone. It would work fine with the wall charger plugged in, but then that's one more piece to drag with you.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The usb ports are stated as being 500ma. It seemed to charge the phone just fine via the usb port, but it would not work with the touchstone.
    Makes sense. The Pre will slow charge off a regular USB port (not sure at what current draw but presume its 100mA or less, never had a chance to measure it) and quick charge off the Palm charger (or any other with the data lines shorted together as per the USB Battery Charging specification). If you do the cable modification and that gets the Touchstone to work off the FuelTank, you'll also find that the Pre will charge up much quicker with that cable...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

    PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    update: the connectors are fragile! I have been using mine in a backpack and the bending of the wires has definitely ruined my connector. Anyone else?
    yep - on my third set of wires. Very fragile. o/w a great product.
  19. PreGk's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    #39  
    My replacement connector broke AGAIN. I had this connector replaced more times than my Pre,and that's saying a lot. Can't use it until they send a new one....anyone else call in/email callpod to complain about the reliability? I do all the time,but they say they don't get any complaints.
  20. PreGk's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    #40  
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...&goto=newpost?

    Problem Solved. Hope this helps someone. Been using it all day and it solid! Got tired of complaining to Callpod who always tells me "we never had any connectors returned" (i returned quite a few). Special thanks to the OP of the thread who had the idea of splicing the green and white wires of a generic MicroUSB cable.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions