Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    My BlueAnt Z9i headset works well with my Pre - except for the following:

- If I walk away from my Headset so I am out of range - my Pre does not automatically reconnect when I come back in range - I have to go to my BT settings and reconnect... sometimes even that does not work.

Is this a problem with my PRE? (I've seen some similar posts related to being a hardware issue?)
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Wrong thread. Move to bluetooth.
    <<moved>>
    Just call me Berd.
    I have had this problem with just about every bluetooth phone or dongle for PC.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Had the same problem. You need to update the firmware on your z9i. Head out to the BlueAnt site and install v1.1. Solved my BT issues with the Pre.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I did update the firmware - and the headset does work better.

However I still have the issue where my BT headset (z9i) is connected to my PRE when at my desk - but I'll leave the desk taking my phone with me where I go out of range from my headset.

When I return - I have to manually reconnect - the headset does not automatically reconnect.

I am not even sure if it is supposed to or not?

By the way - how do you like your z9i? Did you consider a Q1 or Jawbone?

I got the z9i as the price was great (< $50)... other than this issue I think it works really well though the noise (wind) reduction still isn't great and wonder if the Q1 or Jawbone would be better.