Page 1 of 36 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seidio Innocell 2600 Extended Life Battery for Palm Pre at MobileCityOnline.com

$54.99 seems reasonable (not). It upsets me to spend money on clear protective covers to protect the phone (that the phone should have come with), car chargers, and now a battery that actually works (that it should have came with). I love my phone, but think it's bs to pay $199 for the phone then another $100+ for the accessories it should have included to begin with. And what happened to phone cases with a belt clip, they used to be included?? Phone prices have gotten higher, and the included accessories have become scarce.

It kinda seems like selling me a brand new car but charging me an extra fee for it to include tires and a windshield.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznicktwit View Post

$54.99 seems reasonable (not). It upsets me to spend money on clear protective covers to protect the phone (that the phone should have come with), car chargers, and now a battery that actually works (that it should have came with). I love my phone, but think it's bs to pay $199 for the phone then another $100+ for the accessories it should have included to begin with. And what happened to phone cases with a belt clip, they used to be included?? Phone prices have gotten higher, and the included accessories have become scarce.

It kinda seems like selling me a brand new car but charging me an extra fee for it to include tires and a windshield.

Idk, seems to me that with all of the manufacturer, dealer, and aftermarket options that are available on cars, they are just as bad. Take a look at the differences in base/fully equipped prices for some suv's. You can run into $10k in options for a $30k truck.

Idk, seems to me that with all of the manufacturer, dealer, and aftermarket options that are available on cars, they are just as bad. Take a look at the differences in base/fully equipped prices for some suv's. You can run into $10k in options for a $30k truck.
    Sorry for the dup

Idkw
    Idkw
    dammit, I need this ASAP for my upcoming vegas trip!!

Any idea when this will be available>
    I don't understand how Seidio launches something like this without at least a picture of what the device looks like in comparison with a regular battery cover.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    I don't understand how Seidio launches something like this without at least a picture of what the device looks like in comparison with a regular battery cover.
    That's because there's nothing to sell or photograph. It's still in "development."
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I bought one just like that from seidio for Pearl and it lasted me up to good 4 or 5 days per charge. Man it was awesome. It will be my "first" accessory to purchase, only THEN i'll purchase other stuff such as holster or whichever case that would fit w extended battery. I just hope it'll last as long as my previous experience or at least 3 days then I'm okay. Can't wait!

So $54.99 isn't reasonable, when it gives double the run time as the $40 Palm battery and has a new back? Guess I'm missing something here. Seems pretty good to me. I am willing to pay $70-80 for a double runtime battery with a Touchstone compatible back.
    There is also a 2800 mAh battery available by Amzer (I'm not sure if they are a reliable company, anyone know?)

Amzer SmartCell 2800 mAh Lithium Ion Extended Battery with Black Battery Door For Palm - Palm Pre - Batteries - Fommy.com

Looks like they are sold out right now, but were available yesterday...they will probably have more soon. Note that it does require a larger door on the back, which comes with the battery.

The only if-ie part is that the only review on there was written before the battery was even released, which makes me wonder if it is indeed a real customer review.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    So $54.99 isn't reasonable, when it gives double the run time as the $40 Palm battery and has a new back? Guess I'm missing something here. Seems pretty good to me. I am willing to pay $70-80 for a double runtime battery with a Touchstone compatible back.
    I agree. $54.99 isn't that bad for an extended battery, and if you think it is, it's only because you haven't bought many extended batteries.

My current battery lasts through the day mostly because I have a touchstone at work I keep it on, so it only has to go from 5 to 12 on the existing battery, but if I could get an extended one it would last me nicely on the weekends when I don't have it on the touchstone for a good chunk of the day. It's worth $54.99 for that to me.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by zyxwv88 View Post
    I agree. $54.99 isn't that bad for an extended battery, and if you think it is, it's only because you haven't bought many extended batteries.
    I guess I am under the belief that the phone should have come with this battery to begin with. My current battery doesn't even last a day with moderate use (starting with a full charge and charging in the car between trips). Again, I shouldn't have to pay extra for something that should have been included to begin with.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I agree.... it would be nice to have the batteries/basic accessories included... but those days are long gone....
    The last extended battery I purchased (for an iDEN handset years ago) ran me about $12 delivered and worked great for the remaining time I used the phone which is a bit over a year.

The $55 price is mostly because the Pre is new and because they are likely not producing them in much volume which always drives up the price.

My guess is the cost to the importer is:

Phone back: $2
    Battery: $10
    Packing/boxing: $.20

Quote Originally Posted by zyxwv88 View Post

My current battery lasts through the day mostly because I have a touchstone at work I keep it on, so it only has to go from 5 to 12 on the existing battery, but if I could get an extended one it would last me nicely on the weekends when I don't have it on the touchstone for a good chunk of the day. It's worth $54.99 for that to me.
    I can't remember the last time I used all of the accessories that DID come with one of my phone. I doubt I'll ever use the headphones that came with my Pre... or the slip case, for that matter. The phone came with all of the essentials for your average user. I'm not upset that I have to buy extra stuff because I'm a power user. I'm glad my phone was $10 cheaper because it did NOT include a case that I would never use. I still think these phones are a great deal considering their potential.

So anyway ... none of these extended battery covers specifically say they work with the touchstone. Did I miss something? I don't see any mention of it on seidioonline.com , either.
  16.    #16  
    Well I use the slip case, and the headphones but would trade them both for a battery that could last a day.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    The one thing I don't see mentioned with either the Seidio 2600 mAh battery or the Amzer 2800 mAh battery is if either is Touchstone compatible. Since they don't say, I'm assuming they're NOT...and that sucks.

Are either going to offer a Touchstone compatible back for their respective extended batteries?

I've got 2 Touchstones...they're more than a gimmick...they're handy as heck! I have no plans to stop using them (not to mention, at 60 bucks a throw, I'm getting my money's worth out of them!).

Amzer...Seidio...people who buy accessories for their Pre's...START with getting a Touchstone and then move on from there.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    Amzer...Seidio...people who buy accessories for their Pre's...START with getting a Touchstone and then move on from there.
    I can appreciate the spirit of what you are saying. But I will throw out there that the very idea of these batteries is what hinders me from getting a touchstone (today). I like the idea of both. I have to think as they make these extended batteries (which I think is a great idea, and the size of the pre is so slim that I have no fear of adding a little girth) they will make touchstone backs to fit the plus sized batteries as well. And then cases will also have to fit. So I use a temporary "affordable" case. I plan to get a long life battery which supports a touchstone and a nice case for it.

And on topic of the price: It is funny to say somethign like, "I shelled out $200, it should make my coffee in the morning." (I know you weren't going that far) But it is funny how much this could have costed, really costs, and how many accessories they should throw in. How much cheaper is the device when they make it barebones and let you buy whatever accessories you want? Should it have been $350, but they took out some of the items basically giving you $150 in your pocket to buy the items you choose instead? I had my Blackberry 8703e. I never used the earphone, the plastic clip on, or the cradle.

Dave
    I think they will come out with touchstone compatible back, but it will take time.

The electronics for the back are pretty simple, a coil and metal (or magnet) for the dock. I don't know if they have a diode to rectify the AC -> pulsed DC in the back or if that is part of the phone past the contacts. There isn't enough space on the back for a decent capaciter for smoothing out the DC, so I assume that is buried in the phone some where. Or they may be using a more advanced AC -> DC that is all on a chip, I don't know.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    I e-mailed Seidio this morning and here's their response...

Hello Mr. "Habious",

Thank you for your inquiry. One of the key features that we’re working on with our Palm Pre 2600mAh battery is compatibility with Palm’s Touchstone. This product is still in its early stages of development so we’re unable to provide you with a release date at this time. Any time we release a new product we update our online store to reflect the product’s availability so I do recommend periodically checking our online store for product updates.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Seidio Customer Service
Page 1 of 36 12345611 ... LastLast