Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstein
    Seidio: It looks like the overall size of the phone is quite larger with this battery in place. Will you innocase for the Pre still work with this battery? This is an important issue for me as I just ordered that case and I don't want to spend another $30 for a new case bc this one doesn't fit. PLEASE ADVISE!
    Hello,

The Innocase Surface for the Pre will not work on the Innocell 2600mAh Extend Battery. If you wish, you could continue to use the front of the Innocase, and the back will already be protected by our Seidio Battery cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Tmac923
    I just got a response email from Seidio and they say that the battery ships out 7/31 and it is compatible with the touchstone.
    This 2600mAh with the battery cover will NOT work with the Touchstone. I apologize for the confusions.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    This 2600mAh with the battery cover will NOT work with the Touchstone. I apologize for the confusions.
    Is a Touchstone compatible battery cover in the works? This is a definite blocker for me.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Thanks for the clarification. This isn't a big issue for me. I don't have a touchstone and won't until they come down in price anyway. $40 for a charger is ridiculous. I can get a usb charger for less than a buck to charge my phone from any usb source or use the supplied wall adapter. My only issue is the added girth of the device since I am a pocket phone carrier. I like the small compact design of the phone the way it is now.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlynch11 View Post
    Is a Touchstone compatible battery cover in the works? This is a definite blocker for me.
    Same here... ) :
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlynch11 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nullity View Post
    Same here... ) :
    Same here.

I've also got a friend with a Pre (who doesn't hang out on these forums). He's got THREE Touchstone chargers...and is in the market for an extended battery. No-sale for him either if it's not Touchstone-compatible.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    How about coming up with a 2000mah battery that is less protrusive and doesn't require a new back cover and that could be touchstone compatible? If this is not possible than determine what the largest mah battery could be that would still fit in the standard back cover that is touchstone compatible. Just a thought. This would make everyone happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac923 View Post
    How about coming up with a 2000mah battery that is less protrusive and doesn't require a new back cover and that could be touchstone compatible? If this is not possible than determine what the largest mah battery could be that would still fit in the standard back cover that is touchstone compatible. Just a thought. This would make everyone happy.
    I think you can assume that the 1350mAh battery is the largest that will fit with the original back - if they could fit a 2000 mAh in the existing compartment they would have done it and sold tons of them.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Just a thought. Amzer has the 1400mah battery so I thought there was a possibility of maybe a little something more. The 2000mah battery was just me speaking out loud anyway.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I don't own the touchstone so its no big deal for me. However, I already bought the Amzer's 2800 MaH extended battery and am waiting on that.

I read somewhere that Seido's 1350 mah battery is actually 1400 mah (what Amzer advertises their's as). So that got me curious, is it the same company that supplies Seido AND Amzer these Pre extended batteries!?!

Add to that the fact that both of their 2000+ mah's batteries are coming out around the same time...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

Amzer's site says that their's is already out and "sold out" but if that were true then I'm willing to bet a review would've been posted by now. I contacted their rep, and he said its "backordered" and I should be receiving mine's next week (same time Seido's is coming out)..
    Last edited by clockw0rk; 07/22/2009 at 12:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clockw0rk View Post
    I don't own the touchstone so its no big deal for me. However, I already bought the Amzer's 2800 MaH extended battery and am waiting on that.

I read somewhere that Seido's 1350 mah battery is actually 1400 mah (what Amzer advertises their's as). So that got me curious, is it the same company that supplies Seido AND Amzer these Pre extended batteries!?!

Add to that the fact that both of their 2000+ mah's batteries are coming out around the same time...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

Amzer's site says that their's is already out and "sold out" but if that were true then I'm willing to bet a review would've been posted by now. I contacted their rep, and he said its "backordered" and I should be receiving mine's next week (same time Seido's is coming out)..
    Could very well be. Maybe that explains the price on these batteries. Middleman has to make up for it....
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    its just a theory of mine
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    In general, there's a fair amount of variation in the actual capacity of batteries made by different manufacturers, as compared to the capacity they claim. For example for NiMh AA batteries look at Digital Imaging Accessories Review: The Great Battery Shootout

So take all these ratings with a grain of salt. 1400 may be more than 1350, or not. The jump to 2000 or 2600 is enough that that's probably real (even if they are actually 1900 or 2100 or 2450).
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    In general, there's a fair amount of variation in the actual capacity of batteries made by different manufacturers, as compared to the capacity they claim. For example for NiMh AA batteries look at Digital Imaging Accessories Review: The Great Battery Shootout

So take all these ratings with a grain of salt. 1400 may be more than 1350, or not. The jump to 2000 or 2600 is enough that that's probably real (even if they are actually 1900 or 2100 or 2450).
    Well said.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    I am surprised how many people are worried about the phone staying pretty... I will definetely get this. I use GPS, Data and make alot of calls and by 2pm my phone already turns off and I have to switch to my Moto Q9C which came with an extended battery right from the box. So between a pretty phone and one I can use, I rather have the "ugly" one I can use. The only reason I would not use the battery is that it affects functionality.... and I am thinking mostly about the camera and the flash that look to be hidden with this cover. I know most people use the phone lightly and make it thru the day, but the day will come when you won't have a phone by 2pm and wish you had the battery.
    Thats why I am going to try it out. Last week I got stuck away from home for the day and my phone went dead before i got home. Sucked as I had a few important calls to make. Most days I am near a charging source but not always.Going to see how it look in person and feels in my hand. I like to use my PDA like a small laptop and this might give me the power to go the whole day and then some but again it cant look dorky or feel huge. Will test it out.
    I hear they have a good return policy...hey seidio how is the camera and flash affected with this cover?
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    I would like the best of both worlds. The Seidio 2600 extended battery AND be able to charge using the touchstone. I'm waiting until Seidio comes out with a compatible battery door for use with the touchstone.
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    I am surprised how many people are worried about the phone staying pretty... I will definetely get this. I use GPS, Data and make alot of calls and by 2pm my phone already turns off and I have to switch to my Moto Q9C which came with an extended battery right from the box. So between a pretty phone and one I can use, I rather have the "ugly" one I can use. The only reason I would not use the battery is that it affects functionality.... and I am thinking mostly about the camera and the flash that look to be hidden with this cover. I know most people use the phone lightly and make it thru the day, but the day will come when you won't have a phone by 2pm and wish you had the battery.
    Amen, Form over function doesn't make much sense to me. I would much rather have it last a whole day than worry about if its ugly or not.
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by dnezat View Post
    Amen, Form over function doesn't make much sense to me. I would much rather have it last a whole day than worry about if its ugly or not.
    I agree...I use my phone pretty intensely throughout the day, from gps, streaming, pictures, surfing, email, etc. I'd prefer the phone make it through the day, rather than a couple of hours.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    does the Seidio 2600 back work with the touchstone?
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast