Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstein View Post
    Seidio: It looks like the overall size of the phone is quite larger with this battery in place. Will you innocase for the Pre still work with this battery? This is an important issue for me as I just ordered that case and I don't want to spend another $30 for a new case bc this one doesn't fit. PLEASE ADVISE!
    Chances are it won't fit. I had just ordered and innocase last week and then found out that they were releasing the battery soon so I called and called my order. On the phone, the rep told me that they will be releasing a case for the extended battery but couldn't tell me when.
    Doesn't look like it will work with touchstone.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    They added one more pix w/ full face on the back. It looks like it'll add less than a quarter inch thickness. Would be great to see comparison shot.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Looks good to me. Can't wait to buy this, provided it's touchstone compatible.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Thats quite a bit thicker.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    it is defin thicker but by how much? need a side-by-side with a Pre with standard batt in place...
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I LIKE IT!

I always thought the Pre is a slimmed down, girly looking phone.

Good thing for this, my Pre will be more thicker!

Where can I order oneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    I LIKE IT!

Ya I also want this, wonder when it will be released.
    i got a brand new sealed one off ebay for 330.

now i need case, screen protectors, better battery.

450+ is what im thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    I LIKE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    Ya I also want this, wonder when it will be released.
    They said it will go on sale this week.

I also think that is a great compromise. I mean, the Pre is sexy slim but my big hands wont complain if she gets some more meat on her bones!!

Nice Seidio! Now give me one with the Touchstone compatability and I am good!

I will probably order one when released for the wife who desperately needs more juice, and order mine when the Touchstone back is ready.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Innocell Extended Life Battery

EDIT: It's funny, if you zoom in on the battery in the first picture, you can clearly see that it's the 1350 mAh battery.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I'm guessing this battery and door combo adds just over 1/4 (6-7mm?) inch of total thickness over the stock battery.

The stock Pre is little thicker than 1/2 an inch so a Pre with the extended battery should be a bit over 3/4 inch thick?

Explanation:
    The battery door appears to be a little less than twice as deep as the "half" of the Pre that houses the display. The display "half" is a little more than 1/4 of an inch at its deepest, so this would make the battery door about 1/2 an inch (the original battery door is about 3/16 of an inch at its narrowest).

On an somewhat related note:
    There is another thread where a forum member put a 2600 mah Treo (or Centro; can't remember now) battery in a Pre. The forum member included a picture of the battery in the Pre but the battery didn't seem to need a battery cover as thick as the one Seidio pictures. So according to my memory of things, Seidio might have built in enough leeway to allow room for a Touchstone coil (at some point down the road at least).
    Last edited by TheCIArr; 07/21/2009 at 03:03 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCIArr View Post
    I'm guessing this battery and door combo adds just over 1/4 inch of total thickness over the stock battery.

The stock Pre is little thicker than 1/2 an inch so a Pre with the extended battery should be a bit over 3/4 inch thick?

Explanation:
    The battery door appears to be a little less than twice as deep as the "half" of the Pre that houses the display. The display "half" is about 5/16 of an inch at its deepest, so this would make the battery door about 1/2 an inch (the original battery door is about 3/16 of an inch at its narrowest).

On an somewhat related note:
    There is another thread where a forum member put a 2600 mah Treo (or Centro; can't remember now) battery in a Pre. The forum member included a picture of the battery in the Pre but the battery didn't seem to need a battery cover is as thick as the one Seidio pictures. So according to my memory of things, Seidio might have built in enough leeway to allow room for Touchstone coil (at some point down the road at least).
    I like your thinking!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    They listed a price as well. 65 Bucks... Man, I don't know about that....

-Edit, Ehh I need the extra battery life. I just ordered it. We shall see.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dnezat View Post
    wasn't it supposed to be $50.. wth

EDIT: it also says this on the page now '- This battery cover is NOT Touchstone compatible'
    Quote Originally Posted by dnezat View Post

-Edit, Ehh I need the extra battery life. I just ordered it. We shall see.
    How'd you order if it's still under development?
    This signature for rent
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    How'd you order if it's still under development?
    Im assuming a pre order. But earlier in this thread, sedio said that it will be release sometime this week. But you are able to order it now. I don't know when I will be getting it though. Ill keep ya'll posted if sedio emails me with any news since I have already ordered it.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I just got an email from the Seidio tech support and they said that they are working on making this battery compatible to the Touchstone.

I also asked them about how can I purchase it on their website if it's still under development. I haven't heard back yet, but they are pretty quick about responding. Another thing I asked was if I were to purchase it now and wait for it to be available, would this back be touchstone compatible or would I have to buy another one? I'll repost when I get a response on this also.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Oh, also if you go to Seidio Coupon Codes - all coupons, discounts and promo codes for seidioonline.com you will recieve a 10% discount on the purchase. I tried it and it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac923 View Post
    I just got an email from the Seidio tech support and they said that they are working on making this battery compatible to the Touchstone.

I also asked them about how can I purchase it on their website if it's still under development. I haven't heard back yet, but they are pretty quick about responding. Another thing I asked was if I were to purchase it now and wait for it to be available, would this back be touchstone compatible or would I have to buy another one? I'll repost when I get a response on this also.
    I was about to do the same, hopefully touchstone compatible won't cost much extra as 65 is already a good deal of money.
    This signature for rent