Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536 LastLast
    Reading through this thread I noticed alot of people interested in Seidio making a 2600 touchstone compatible back, but unfortunately they decided to not pursue that. So thats where I come in. I do modifications to make the 2600 back compatible with the touchstone for a small fee of $50. This community has helped me alot and in return I'm willing to help the community. Just hit the link in my signature for more details.

Thank,
    Steve
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
    I'm thinking of investing in a battery to extend my palm pre to work with me for the 19 hours I'm up and about.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Just received my 2600.... and it doesn't hold a charge!! I'm very upset with this battery right now. Will see what i can do to get a replacement but so far the stock palm battery wins. Sad Panda :-(

On a positive note the pre with the chunky 2600 back cover feels better in the hands.
    Last edited by orizzle; 03/09/2010 at 03:54 PM.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    The recent improvements to webOS with 1.4 really show how long an extended battery can last. Daily monitoring of how long it lasts since the 1.4 update I have noted idle drain rates as low as 0.5% per hour and no more than 1% per hour. Before 1.4 it was between 1% and 1.5% idle. This means with my typical daily use I can now get 2 or 3 days between charges where as before it was about 1 to 1.5 days between charges. By days I mean 24 hours left powered on with all the bells and whistles going the whole time muted at night. Just today i put it to the ultimate test as I don't listen to music for a really long time in a single day. Over 3 hours of music and 20 minutes of telenav (aka sprintnav) during music playing used less than 10%. Which means probably like 30+ hours of music on a full charge if you played nonstop. It's possible that I'm overestimating but I'm even more happy with the 2600 now than when I first got it. Now if only battery tech would catch up to the rest of technology and have 2600 or more in the size of the stock battery so that the much life can come stock and extended batteries the physical size of the 2600 would mean a couple weeks between charges
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I too think the battery is great. After a few weeks of switching back and fourth between the stock battery and the 2600, I've finally just started leaving the 2600 on. My issue is that I like to have a belt clip holster. I'm currently using an old leather blackberry clip case to hold the pre with the extended battery.

I have the boxwave clip which is inexpensive and great for the pre with the stock back, and it looks like boxwave will make a holster clip that is compatible with the 2600 back if enough people request it. Check this out below, and please make a request if you would buy one too. (i had to take the link out because i don't have enough posts - to make a request go to boxwave dot com / community).

If anyone has found another clip that works with the extended battery in the $10 range please post!

reply from a product request to boxwave:

Thank you for your email!

I'm happy to hear that you are interested in a BoxWave Holster Clip for your Palm Pre device!

I have forwarded your request to our Product Designers so that they can look into the possibility of designing a Holster Clip to fit the Palm Pre with the Siedio 2600 Extended Battery installed. We develop our products for new models based on the number of requests we receive for a particular model, so we appreciate your suggestion.

I would recommend for you to place a product request on our BoxWave website if you have not done so already. By placing a product request, we will have your request and contact information on file, and will email you once the product does become available.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of any further assistance!

Best Regards,

Mariko
    BoxWave Corporation
    I think ill get the Mugen Power 3800mAh Lithium Ion
    Palm Pre / Pre Plus Mugen Power 3800mAh Lithium Ion Extended Battery with Battery Door
    should last a week..
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
    I have both the 2600 and the 3800 batteries. The Seidio 2600 extended case fits both batter/cover sizes. I use the 3800 as my main ...and the 2600 as a backup. No need to worry about power or charging again. What good is a phone if you alway gotta worry about running outta juice?
    I just got my 2600 batt last Friday and charging it all night doesn't get it up to 100%. And I let it drain during the day, but I'd hate to let it get to 0% when I'm away from home... I'm having a hard time getting these 3 full cycles in. It never drains fully when I'm at home, AT NIGHT, and it never charges fully when I charge it over night. My phone has only seen 1 full cycle from 0% to 100%.

Am I messing my battery up?
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    just got my replacement and going thru the motions. happy :-)
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I just got this battery on Monday, and it's been nothing less then amazing. I listen to slacker, or drpodder at the gym in the morning, and when I get to work my battery is in the low-70%, the past 2 days it's been between 93-95%. I text a lot and have email pushed to my phone and I have to charge it by lunch time. I'm at 62% and my phone has been off a charger since 5:30 am and It's almost 2 pm. I think I'm going to take up the person who has been doing the touchstone mods, since that is the only bad thing about this phone.

tl;dr - phone has been great since getting this battery.
    Had my battery for 2.5 weeks. I love it, but.....

The phone has started to shut off at random times, usually when I open or close the phone, about 2 or 3 times per day. It takes over 5 minutes to restart, so this is quite an issue for me.

Anyone have any ideas on why this is happening? Should I try and shim it in tighter with the door? Would it make sense to send it back for replacement?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I'm looking into getting this battery as I am concerned with using my Pre for everything now in case the battery runs out. The only thing holding me up right now is what case or holster to get with it. Im a fan of the clips or side cases but not sure which ones are good or work with the extended battery.

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    The ONLY thing keeping me from purchasing this battery, is that I love the Sprint Case, it really protects my phone and since I'm on my 5th Pre, I will never leave home without the case on.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    so the overall consensus is that QA is lacking at Seidio. I just read all 35 pages of this thread and it seems that a lot of batteries fail at random times. I guess reason why it costs $65 plus shipping is so that Seidio can keep replacing them free of charge But they do have a great customer service, have to give them that. I guess I'll bite the bullet and try it as well.
    Well just got mine today. After I took it off the charger it dropped two percent. I didnt fear. I dont know if you guys know but sometimes this phone gets in a funk and sucks battery power. I had it on my original batter take like 10% in 30 minutes without using it! Then I restarted and all was fine. I went out to my car after my initial charger pull (about 45 minutes) and with AIM on and our very spotty service on base (bounces from 1 to 5, in and out of EV) it had dropped 1%. less concerned now.
    Well I have had a couple days with the battery.

Day one, I used the crap out of it from 130AM (I was on nights) to 11PM at night and still had 25%!

Yesterday morning to today, Phone came off charger at 7am yesterday...33 hours later I am at 34% HOLY CRAP!!!

My usage hasn't been quite as much but I still cant believe how much juice this thing has now! Highly recommend!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by orizzle View Post
    Just received my 2600.... and it doesn't hold a charge!! I'm very upset with this battery right now. Will see what i can do to get a replacement but so far the stock palm battery wins. Sad Panda :-(

On a positive note the pre with the chunky 2600 back cover feels better in the hands.
    What are you using to charge it? I've had no problem with my 2600mAh battery. But, I've noticed a lot of people using off-brand charging stuff. Did you plug it in to your palm-brand charger and palm-brand cable that came with your phone? Also, remember that it's good to let it charge for at least 12 hours before using, and that a few complete charge cycles will usually improve battery life.

Remember that if you are using the phone for things that eat battery life (on-line games, streaming media, downloads), chargers can barely keep up and it will seem like it isn't getting charged. Can you turn it off and let it rest for 12 hours, and see if that helps?
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    It at least three dischrge/charge cycles for battery to have full charge.
    Definitely, I did mine I think 5 full times but after the 3rd I didn't see any significant change. However periodically to get back to the peak performance it is a good idea to let the 2600 drain fully once or twice then resume your normal charging routine.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Just got the ATT Palm Pre Plus:would like to get the link from sburlbaw about getting a back that is compatible with the extended battery but I have less than 10 posts: any ideas? Has anyone had an extended battery and a touchstone and decided which is better: long battery life or easy charging? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by pczellner View Post
    Just got the ATT Palm Pre Plus:would like to get the link from sburlbaw about getting a back that is compatible with the extended battery but I have less than 10 posts: any ideas? Has anyone had an extended battery and a touchstone and decided which is better: long battery life or easy charging? Thanks.
    Google "Touchstone mods". It should be the first hit. The site is touchstonemods.com.

(I have no affiliation with the site, except that I plan to pick one up after the holidays.)