Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aktruong View Post
    It looks like some people have been experience the same issues as me. I'm on my second battery in 1 month and both have failed within 14 days of use. I purchased the battery on Amazon.com back in October and loved the battery. I let it charge the very first time for 8 hours as recommended and I was able to go an entire day without charging (used internet for a couple hours, several hours of music, lots of text, and several lengthy phone calls). Needless to say, I was very happy.

Then after 3 or 4 days passed, I started to notice that the battery life was decreasing even though my user habits didn't change. By day 10 or so, the phone just randomly shut off (had 45% left last time I checked it). I tried to turn the phone back on, but nothing. I tried to charge it and the phone would boot, but shut down within 5 minutes. After of few tries of that, it would get only get to the boot screen and then shut off. Eventually it would stopped doing that too and nothing would work. Luckily, Amazon was very helpful and sent me a new battery over night.

With the new battery, the same thing started to happen with losing charge. About 7 days into using the the new replacement battery Amazon sent, I had a case where the phone said it was at 16% while playing music in my car. Then literally a few seconds later it droped to 6% and then shortly after shut off. Since then, the phone would lose charge quickly and just 2 nights ago it shut down and will not work anymore. Now, when I plug it in to charge, all it will do is start and show the boot screen and then fade to black. It seems like the battery will not hold it's charge anymore so I assume its another bad one.

I love the battery (when it works), but I think I'll stay with the stock battery and remember to always have a charger around. I just hope this has been an isolated incident and not everyone has this problem. Maybe I just had bad luck with both.
    I seem to have gotten a battery from the same batch as you, aktruong. First 2 times, the battery was rock solid - lasted like 2 days each. Then, with the webOS 1.3.1 update, it's been behaving as if it were the stock battery (if not worse). Anyone else noticed this with the webOS update, ie have a good working battery before, and then after the update, the battery is behaving erratically?
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products! You can safely charge our batteries in your device with no issues. The older insert was written on the assumption that this will be a spare battery, using a separate charger.

Regards,
    Looks like my battery hasn't been the panacea that I had hoped it would be.
    I have had the Seidio 2600 for a couple of months now and I have had no problems and I still get great battery life after 1.3.1 update. its 4:00pm and I still have 74%.
    I even downloaded the Nov 15Th Palm cast on Dr Podder and listened to it this morning. I did buy mine direct from Seidio.
    I have had my Seidio Innocell 2600 Extended Life Battery for almost 2 weeks and bought it from Amazon. I did the full overnight charge the first time and have completely drained and recharged it 5 times now. I never see the battery meter leave 100%. Even when it tells me it will power off when the battery is drained, it still shows 100% as it powers off. Is there something I am doing wrong or do I have a bad battery?

My original battery would usually be dead by 8pm, I can now go until the next morning before this battery dies with the same use. I have contacted Seidio support and am waiting for a response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    Seidio has a Horizontal Leather Case For Extended Battery that works great.
    I purchased the Innocase Surface Extended / Horizontal Leather Case Combo and am very happy with them both so far.

Innocase Surface Extended / Horizontal Leather Case Combo, Black
    And $59.95 is an absurd price for a basic leather holster that is only useful if you have already made an investment in one of their batteries. They are basically gouging you for the holster once you are locked into thier form factor.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Apparently Seidio have given up on a touchstone compatible extended battery.. Sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by sratson View Post
    Apparently Seidio have given up on a touchstone compatible extended battery.. Sucks.
    Indeed, which is a shame as after owning a touchstone (especially after dishing out $80CAD for one) I can't see myself going back to actually, you know, plugging it in!
    Today my one month old Seidio 2600mAh extended battery began malfunctioning.
    While the extended battery is installed the phone randomly powers off even while lying motionless on a table. Replace the battery with the OEM one and the problem is alleviated.

I'll contact SeidioSeidio on the forum and let you all know the outcome.
    Where did you order it from? The extended battery i mean...?
    Hi All,

I have had this battery for about 3 or 4 days. After initially charging for 8 hours. The battery indicator has remained at 100%. I have had the phone shut off on me as well (i assume due to the battery being completely drained).

I have completely drained it and fully recharged the battery several times, but the indicator never leaves 100%.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Edit:I ordered direct from Siedio.

I am webos doctoring atm as there seem to be some other issues. Perhaps this will fix the problem.

Edit2: Webos doctor doesn't seem to have fixed the battery indicator
    Last edited by babybuster; 11/30/2009 at 11:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by babybuster
    Hi All,

I have had this battery for about 3 or 4 days. After initially charging for 8 hours. The battery indicator has remained at 100%. I have had the phone shut off on me as well (i assume due to the battery being completely drained).

I have completely drained it and fully recharged the battery several times, but the indicator never leaves 100%.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Edit:I ordered direct from Siedio.

I am webos doctoring atm as there seem to be some other issues. Perhaps this will fix the problem.

Edit2: Webos doctor doesn't seem to have fixed the battery indicator
    Hi babybuster,

We apologize for the problems you are currently having with your battery! Please PM us and we will see what we can do for you.

Regards,

Seidio
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I have posted before about the customer service of Seidio being outstanding and I would like to do so again, mostly because I just can't tell you how surprised at the response I get. I bought two 2600's soon after they were available. This past week my battery started behaving badly. I wrote and explained the problem I was having with it, and then heard nothing (it was the holidays after all) I wrote again monday morning to make sure I was not lost in the festivities of last week only to be told a new one was already sent. Tuesday it was in my mailbox (NOT overnight delivered by the way, so it was true it was sent last week) Now of course I would not rather have to deal with the company at all after the purchase, however this was such a smooth and effortless handling of my problem that I may just run over my other battery with the car. Just joking, But seriously I have never dealt with Seidio before the palm pre but I will use them for all of my battery needs in the future no matter which smart phone i jump to next.
    Hi,

I've been reading through this thread and I'm really interested in this battery. Thanks to everyone who's posted about their experiences with it!

I have a couple questions I haven't seen mentioned; if anyone can answer these I'd really appreciate it.

1. I've seen the comparison pics with the stock Pre, but I'm wondering how the Pre with extended battery compares in size/form factor with the standard Treo 650/755 etc. Thicker? Bout the same?

2. Is the phone still pocketable? I carry it in the pocket of my uniform pants at work, and jeans pocket at home. Can the bigger phone still be carried comfortably like this?

Thanks for any help!
    Hi babybuster,

We apologize for the problems you are currently having with your battery! Please PM us and we will see what we can do for you.

Regards,

Seidio
    +1 to great technical support. Seidio is shipping me a replacement with packaging to ship back my current.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    In my case the battery charges to 100% and then discharges at about 2% / hr - which is great! The problem comes when I let the phone sit overnight (starting at > 70%) and by morning the Pre has shut down and when I put it back on the charger I'm at 0% again.

Just before I changed batteries my Pre would regularly run overnight even if I had less than 20% charge so I don't think it's draining it.

I purchased this battery to go on vacation and will have to go back to using the original battery again instead.

Far from impressed with this product - and it isn't cheap to start with.
    Do you have bad signal where it is resting?

Something is wrong. I have had one for a few months now and it is pretty rock solid. I would contact seidio.
    Hello,

We are sorry about your experience and would like to help. Please PM us your order information and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!
    i'm curious i have one of your 2600 batteries, i've loved the extra phone usage now,

over the last few weeks though, i've had a problem with the phone not chraging, it says it's charging ,but doesn't actually charge?

also, the battery will be like 80% or whatever it's at, all of a sudden, the battery life will drop and say the phone is about to shut down, a couple minutes later it will go back to where it was in the green?

do you think this is battery or phone related?
    Purchased my battery from this site. I've had it for about four days now and love it. I guess I'd be considered a power user. I rarely use my PC, I use my Pre for almost all of my emailing and surfing. I'm thankful for all that have posted their experiences. I will definitely be on the lookout for any rapid power drains.

While I don't have huge hands, I really like the thicker profile of the Pre with this battery. It's much easier to hold and type with. I wish I had known about this battery before I invested in the touchstone. While the TS is easy to use and cool to look at, I prefer a battery that lasts longer.

I am using my Palm leather case with this. I stuffed the phone in and am stretching the flap over the phone. I can now get the magnets to hold the flap down. In a week or so the case should fit the phone a lot better.
    I'm looking at getting one of these batteries soon, as the stock one isn't working out for me at all.

Has anyone ordered one recently (as this would be an "updated" batch, as opposed to the earlier ones with known issues)? $50 is a lot for me to spend on a battery, and I really hate dealing with returns and such.

Also, i'm assuming that the "slide keyboard shut = power off" issue has been resolved already? I saw a few mentions of it on the Amazon comments page.
    well this is the second time my sedio extended failed on me. the last time it took some mumbo jumbo to have a new one sent because i ordered from amazon and not direct, but they did send me a new battery. couple months later, the batter wont hold a charge again. Bout to contact siedo and see if warranty still holds