Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Is this with the 2600? If so it seems high unless the battery isn't conditioned yet. It may take more than one 100% to auto power off to condition (train the battery meter). If you would like to share how you have charged the battery so far and how long you have had it feel free to do so. It may or may not shed some light. Also various settings know to significantly increase power consumption, accounts connected to the device, and usage all are significant factors to consider. If you are comfortable with detailing your settings, what accounts you have connected, and your daily routine use; I can use that info to give you a better idea of if your described drain rate is for sure abnormal.

Just saw your post now.

Didnt really let it die when i was charging it more then one complete time.

Always recharged when it got to like 10%.

Have it for about a month, getting worse and worse for me.

Have Wifi,GPS,Data all on. Bluetooth and AIM off. I do get email notifications.

if i use it for close to the hour without even ever using podcasts or streaming music, JUST a website and music player it will drain at 14%.

My stock would drain at 20% but for the extra bulk i carry i should get more then that differential no?
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    was happy with my 2600 first few weeks. But lately it drains consistently at 14% an hour when I am using the web.

if I use it sporadically in the hour (say 15 mins of the 60 with texting and feeds app) it drains at 10.

if I don't touch it it drains at 4% per hour.

is this normal?
    Just saw your post now.
    Didnt really let it die when i was charging it more then one complete time.
    Always recharged when it got to like 10%.
    Have it for about a month, getting worse and worse for me.
    Have Wifi,GPS,Data all on. Bluetooth and AIM off. I do get email notifications.
    if i use it for close to the hour without even ever using podcasts or streaming music, JUST a website and music player it will drain at 14%.
    My stock would drain at 20% but for the extra bulk i carry i should get more then that differential no?
    I quoted the original post of our back and forth for ease of reference. And took out the line spacing in the other to reduce space used in this post. Drain per hour web browsing should only be about 8 or 9% per hour, give or take 1% for random case to case variables, on the 2600 based on my tests over two weeks. I keep wifi, GPS and data on all the time as well, BT only a very small fraction, and hardly get any email (two accounts gmail and yahoo). Signal most of the time is middle ranged. Complete idle drain rate is about 1.5% to 2.5% per hour day to day. I think that has to do with variations in how many notifications.

Now for some more questions about usage etc to see if this is for sure a bad battery or perhaps something else. Do you get a lot of email? Do you text a lot? To me a lot would be an average over 100 email/texts per day. How is the signal strength for most of the day? ##DEBUG# RSSI of -100 give or take 10: does it tend to be lower like -110 give or take 10 or higher -90 give or take 10? Looking at it for about 5-10 minutes where you spend large chunks of time should be sufficient to gauge what it is like for most of the time. It won't hurt it to go ahead and charge it up completely and then drain it until it auto powers off (no periodic charging during this cycle). I did that once a month on my stock battery as near the end of the month the drain rate would steadily go up the last week of the month from 5% per hour to 8% per hour. The full drain cycle would kick it back to 5% until the tail end of the month. I can only assume this will occur to some extent with the 2600 as well. This is all i have for now until after you reply to this post. I should be able to make a final determination at that point. Especially if a full drain cycle improves things.
    k just ordered this battery from amazon for 49 buck. should have it tomorrow..howp it all works out ok.. will post back when i get it.
    I ordered this battery two weeks ago and was very excited about the battery life. Then after about 3 days, the battery indicator would be showing almost 100% then immediately with no warning drop to 20% and the phone would shut down. I can leave it on the charger overnight, unplug at 100%, by noon it's jumps to 20% with no warning and shuts down again. Sometimes when I charge overnight, the charger indicator is on, but the percentage says 80% after an overnight charge. Any input would be greatly appreciated...
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I quoted the original post of our back and forth for ease of reference. And took out the line spacing in the other to reduce space used in this post. Drain per hour web browsing should only be about 8 or 9% per hour, give or take 1% for random case to case variables, on the 2600 based on my tests over two weeks. I keep wifi, GPS and data on all the time as well, BT only a very small fraction, and hardly get any email (two accounts gmail and yahoo). Signal most of the time is middle ranged. Complete idle drain rate is about 1.5% to 2.5% per hour day to day. I think that has to do with variations in how many notifications.

Now for some more questions about usage etc to see if this is for sure a bad battery or perhaps something else. Do you get a lot of email? Do you text a lot? To me a lot would be an average over 100 email/texts per day. How is the signal strength for most of the day? ##DEBUG# RSSI of -100 give or take 10: does it tend to be lower like -110 give or take 10 or higher -90 give or take 10? Looking at it for about 5-10 minutes where you spend large chunks of time should be sufficient to gauge what it is like for most of the time. It won't hurt it to go ahead and charge it up completely and then drain it until it auto powers off (no periodic charging during this cycle). I did that once a month on my stock battery as near the end of the month the drain rate would steadily go up the last week of the month from 5% per hour to 8% per hour. The full drain cycle would kick it back to 5% until the tail end of the month. I can only assume this will occur to some extent with the 2600 as well. This is all i have for now until after you reply to this post. I should be able to make a final determination at that point. Especially if a full drain cycle improves things.
    Thanks for your responses.

I just did this debug thing for the first time and it tells me -94 RSSI it just went to -86 a minute later.

i will try power cycling it off all the way to see if it gets better.

I will monitor it today with battery monitor the whole day and report back.

No i make like 10-15 texts a day and get about 20 emails the whole day so that isnt a problem
    Quote Originally Posted by shellyrw
    I ordered this battery two weeks ago and was very excited about the battery life. Then after about 3 days, the battery indicator would be showing almost 100% then immediately with no warning drop to 20% and the phone would shut down. I can leave it on the charger overnight, unplug at 100%, by noon it's jumps to 20% with no warning and shuts down again. Sometimes when I charge overnight, the charger indicator is on, but the percentage says 80% after an overnight charge. Any input would be greatly appreciated...
    Hello,

We are sorry about your experience and would like to help. Please PM us your order information and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!
    Thanks for your responses.

I just did this debug thing for the first time and it tells me -94 RSSI it just went to -86 a minute later.

i will try power cycling it off all the way to see if it gets better.

I will monitor it today with battery monitor the whole day and report back.

No i make like 10-15 texts a day and get about 20 emails the whole day so that isnt a problem
    It isn't unusual to see the signal number bounce all over the place but for the most part it should bounce within a range of about +/- 10 around a number it tends to stay around. Email and text use is light then so it isn't a significant factor in drain then. If it were like 100 texts that would factor in significantly.
    If the associated Innocase extended is a requirement for your purchasing this battery please see the following. I'm currently in a position where I'm dependent upon this battery for its capacity but my phone is case-less due to the Innocase extended's retention tabs constantly breaking!

Quote Originally Posted by dk0r View Post
    If you are intending on purchasing the associated Innocase extended please read the following

After three weeks with the Innocase extended both the original and a replacements tabs have broken off.

Seidio phone customer service now tells me they require I ship the original and replacement cases back to them at my cost in order to receive another replacement.

...That is, another replacement that will only break again, require more shipping fee's and leave me without a case during ship time.

Oh and also, Seidio informed me I'm now outside my 14 day return period and they'll not issue a refund! Good going luring me in with a hassle free first replacement only to ensure I exceed a 14 day return policy..

Last edited by dk0r; 10/29/2009 at 12:28 PM.
    dude this batt rocks.. and lasts forever.. good thing bout it.. it makes the pre more solid and easier to type on.. got it a amazon for $49.00 shipped..
    I went from being thrifty with my pre's abilities and closing cards all the time before this battery to charging only once every two days or so, while using 4-5 cards open all the time, music 4-5 hours a day, gaming here or there, etc.

Amazing improvement IMO. Get this, so much better than a touchstone.
    So has anybody had a 2600 battery go bad? Mine made my pre not work after about 1.5 months, and my brother just reported to me that his wouldnt charge anymore, after like a month. I bought my from amazon, and after a lil mishap with receipts they did send me another battery. This new one is working fine. When its working its great, will last at least a full day with one charge. No need for a touchtone or car charger, just charge it up once at night when u sleep, and u all good
    I read something about the GPS not working with this battery installed? Is that true?

Do these have a high failure rate?
    Is there a holster that will work with the 2600 battery?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooldino View Post
    I read something about the GPS not working with this battery installed? Is that true?

Do these have a high failure rate?
    Can't say for sure about failure rates my battery has been fine but I can confirm that GPS works fine with the 2600.
    Ok, I don't see this mentioned anywhere. I just got the 2600 from Amazon. In the "instructions", it says "prior to inserting your battery into your phone, please allow 8 hours for initial charge time". Apparently I need the seidio-multi-function-battery-charger. I didn't see anything on the Amazon page or on Seidio's website stating the need for any accessories to actually use the battery. Needless to say, I'm a little peeved at the moment since I just got it in tonight to take on my long road trip which starts tomorrow.

Is it going to "hurt" things if I go ahead and place the new battery uncharged in the Pre and then charge it within the phone since I don't have an external battery charger?

???

A rapid response is appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by neurofoto; 11/10/2009 at 05:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by neurofoto View Post
    Ok, I don't see this mentioned anywhere. I just got the 2600 from Amazon. In the "instructions", it says "prior to inserting your battery into your phone, please allow 8 hours for initial charge time". Apparently I need the seidio-multi-function-battery-charger. I didn't see anything on the Amazon page or on Seidio's website stating the need for any accessories to actually use the battery. Needless to say, I'm a little peeved at the moment since I just got it in tonight to take on my long road trip which starts tomorrow.

Is it going to "hurt" things if I go ahead and place the new battery uncharged in the Pre and then charge it within the phone since I don't have an external battery charger?

???

Mine said to charge for at least 8 hours with the phone or other charger. I put it in my pre and charged it up (on charger for much longer than 8 hours since I was home all day the day I got mine). I wonder if they have someone stuffing their packaging with the wrong inserts or something? Mine also said performance will increase after 5-6 full charges. However after the 2nd one there was not increase. I tallied every little thing I did with my pre and worked out details to find it never lasted more than 200% longer which is how long it lasted on the 3rd charge. In fact most days performance wise it seems to only last between 150% and 180% leaning towards the 150% end. But that may be due to extra synergy type stuff I now use to take advantage of the bigger battery. 180% being the advertised increased duration. And in all likelihood is right about what I'm getting because I haven't measured the power consumption of the extra synergy type stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by neurofoto

???

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products! You can safely charge our batteries in your device with no issues. The older insert was written on the assumption that this will be a spare battery, using a separate charger.

Regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by pin0y_bear View Post
    Is there a holster that will work with the 2600 battery?
    Seidio has a Horizontal Leather Case For Extended Battery that works great.
    I purchased the Innocase Surface Extended / Horizontal Leather Case Combo and am very happy with them both so far.

Innocase Surface Extended / Horizontal Leather Case Combo, Black
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Well,,,I just received my extended battery and charging as I type. I am hoping for the positive reults that have been reported as I held off purchasing for a month while lurking this specific thread! I will also report back my findings!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    It looks like some people have been experience the same issues as me. I'm on my second battery in 1 month and both have failed within 14 days of use. I purchased the battery on Amazon.com back in October and loved the battery. I let it charge the very first time for 8 hours as recommended and I was able to go an entire day without charging (used internet for a couple hours, several hours of music, lots of text, and several lengthy phone calls). Needless to say, I was very happy.

Then after 3 or 4 days passed, I started to notice that the battery life was decreasing even though my user habits didn't change. By day 10 or so, the phone just randomly shut off (had 45% left last time I checked it). I tried to turn the phone back on, but nothing. I tried to charge it and the phone would boot, but shut down within 5 minutes. After of few tries of that, it would get only get to the boot screen and then shut off. Eventually it would stopped doing that too and nothing would work. Luckily, Amazon was very helpful and sent me a new battery over night.

With the new battery, the same thing started to happen with losing charge. About 7 days into using the the new replacement battery Amazon sent, I had a case where the phone said it was at 16% while playing music in my car. Then literally a few seconds later it droped to 6% and then shortly after shut off. Since then, the phone would lose charge quickly and just 2 nights ago it shut down and will not work anymore. Now, when I plug it in to charge, all it will do is start and show the boot screen and then fade to black. It seems like the battery will not hold it's charge anymore so I assume its another bad one.

I love the battery (when it works), but I think I'll stay with the stock battery and remember to always have a charger around. I just hope this has been an isolated incident and not everyone has this problem. Maybe I just had bad luck with both.