Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    I'm very curious about Dev mode. I'm not sure why that would play any significant role in battery drain.
    I thought the same thing however there was no other variable to attribute to the additional drain I experienced. I know a number of people keep it on and I wonder if any or all of them also complain how fast their batteries drain. I'd be curious to know.

Quote Originally Posted by mightyleemoon View Post
    So, what's the deal with the Touchstone capability? Is it a unicorn or can we actually expect it in the near future?
    Quote Originally Posted by DKatman View Post
    It isn't fair to call it a unicorn. Seidio has already stated they are no longer working on a touchstone back for this.

Dave
    I only wish I knew why. They told me back when the battery released that it was in production to be released soon. However later when they posted here that it was not going to be made I then was left wondering why I was lied to by the department that handles product inquiries. I basically lost money having to resell a touchstone because of that and I'm rather ticked because I don't have hardly any disposable income. Every purchase I make has to be budgeted and weighed against other purchases. If I don't then I spend beyond my means and end up in a bad situation with needing money for something like a bill and not having it.
    I am curious as to why my less than a week old Seidio Innocell 1350mAh Extended Life Battery reports a capacity of only 1149.40 mAh in the Battery Monitor application. I remember at on point it displayed something around ~1250mAh but never 1350mAh. Is this a Battery Monitor bug or is this not an accurate method to check the Seidio Innocell authenticity?

Does anyone else have similiar results?
    Quote Originally Posted by scott healey View Post
    I am curious as to why my less than a week old Seidio Innocell 1350mAh Extended Life Battery reports a capacity of only 1149.40 mAh in the Battery Monitor application. I remember at on point it displayed something around ~1250mAh but never 1350mAh. Is this a Battery Monitor bug or is this not an accurate method to check the Seidio Innocell authenticity?

Does anyone else have similiar results?
    This has to do with a hardware detection type thing. It was asked about in the apps thread awhile back. But basically it has to do with the design of the sensor but has no effect on performance. It is assumed that the sensor was designed with a hard cap for sizes seen and anything above that is reported back with garbage numbers though perhaps there is some math being performed kind of like a roll over miles on an old car with too few digits on the odometer.
    I figured this would be the place to ask this. Has anyone else had a problem where their 2600 battery where it all the sudden just stops working? I havent dropped it or anything like that, it literally just stopped. Its not the phone because my 1350 with the standard back works fine. the 2600 works for a few minutes when left on my desk, but when i put it in my pocket or just generally move it, it stops. I've tried little bits of paper to make the fit more snug but that hasnt stopped it? I feel like it's just defective, but I figured I might as well check the board.

thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steaka View Post
    I figured this would be the place to ask this. Has anyone else had a problem where their 2600 battery where it all the sudden just stops working? I havent dropped it or anything like that, it literally just stopped. Its not the phone because my 1350 with the standard back works fine. the 2600 works for a few minutes when left on my desk, but when i put it in my pocket or just generally move it, it stops. I've tried little bits of paper to make the fit more snug but that hasnt stopped it? I feel like it's just defective, but I figured I might as well check the board.

thanks in advance
    I've been having the exact same problem all day today. My phone has shut off 5 times so far and now it wont turn back on. I've tried the same thing with adding paper, but that didn't do it. Bad battery maybe? The battery is only 1 week old.

Any ideas??
    I emailed Seidio last night and they called me back this morning and the rep seemed to imply that it was defective so told me to RMA it and so I did and now I'm just waiting.

thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by aktruong View Post
    I've been having the exact same problem all day today. My phone has shut off 5 times so far and now it wont turn back on. I've tried the same thing with adding paper, but that didn't do it. Bad battery maybe? The battery is only 1 week old.

Any ideas??
    This is really hard to try and diagnose on a forum. This would best be handled with combined seidio's and palm tech support. Though for palm tech support you may need to go through the carrier channels to get there. There are too many possible causes that can't really be diagnosed over the forum. Except for loose battery if the battery fits snug then there is something more difficult to detect that is going on.
    was happy with my 2600 first few weeks. But lately it drains consistently at 14% an hour when I am using the web.

if I use it sporadically in the hour (say 15 mins of the 60 with texting and feeds app) it drains at 10.

if I don't touch it it drains at 4% per hour.

is this normal?
    Seidio just got back to me and they are advance shipping a replacement battery so they must be familiar with this defect. what a good company though to preship the replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    was happy with my 2600 first few weeks. But lately it drains consistently at 14% an hour when I am using the web.

if I use it sporadically in the hour (say 15 mins of the 60 with texting and feeds app) it drains at 10.

if I don't touch it it drains at 4% per hour.

is this normal?
    Is this with the 2600? If so it seems high unless the battery isn't conditioned yet. It may take more than one 100% to auto power off to condition (train the battery meter). If you would like to share how you have charged the battery so far and how long you have had it feel free to do so. It may or may not shed some light. Also various settings know to significantly increase power consumption, accounts connected to the device, and usage all are significant factors to consider. If you are comfortable with detailing your settings, what accounts you have connected, and your daily routine use; I can use that info to give you a better idea of if your described drain rate is for sure abnormal.

Seidio just got back to me and they are advance shipping a replacement battery so they must be familiar with this defect. what a good company though to preship the replacement.
    I'm glad it worked out and they were able to identify the defect.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    interesting stuff... i want a new battery solution. although i love my touchstone
    off ebay from cameron sino and the charging is taking forever, its smaller than the seidio in size by a little bit,,i like it but the true test will be later tonight when its off the charger,,,it will take about 2 and a half hours to charge completely. I can tell i will be happy with it but i got it for 22.60 with tax and shipping so plz...i wouldnt pay what they are asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

Thank you for your patience! We have begun shipping of the revised battery door. Please PM us your order information and we will be more than happy to send one out to you!
    Great news! Here is my order # 285784. I'm assuming (oh-oh), the "revised door," means Touchstone compatible...

thanks again,
    Customer #9261

Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 800W -> Launch Day Pre (RIP 08/13/10) -> Replacement PRE
    Quote Originally Posted by dmac250 View Post
    off ebay from cameron sino and the charging is taking forever, its smaller than the seidio in size by a little bit,,i like it but the true test will be later tonight when its off the charger,,,it will take about 2 and a half hours to charge completely. I can tell i will be happy with it but i got it for 22.60 with tax and shipping so plz...i wouldnt pay what they are asking.

well thats good and all. i stay away from cheap batteries..for one reason...they are cheap..and u never know what true mAh ur getting.. every phone from my htc 6700 to htc 6800,6900 htc diamond and touch pro all have either used seidio or mugen batteries.. i dont trust any others... so not to be mean but good luck with your cheapo battery and dont come back crying when u mess your pre up because of it..
    Its called insurance...lol i dont think ur mean but haha you sure owned me there..yikes. Im not having any issues with it and for me ive purchased batterys before for simular vendors with no issues. I guess its a case by case issue...who knows..but after a couple days of use im definitely satisfied. In the following weeks and months will be my test but im willing to bet based off the first power drain and use afterwards that i will be fine..if not on goes the stock one until i decide i want a diffrent one..but so far so good..Love the hate..your the second to hate on me..its just a battery calm down and go buy one for 60-100$ thats all good.
    also sc34: the touch pro had a bad battery...im willing to bet the diamond does as well...not great examples, id be crying at what they give in the way of battery life:

Info from Cnet:

The HTC Touch Pro features a 1,340mAh lithium ion battery with a rated talk time of 3.75 hours. In our battery drain tests, the Touch Pro was able to beat the rated talk time slightly with a total of 4.25 hours. According to FCC radiation tests, the Touch Pro has a digital SAR rating of 0.908 watt per kilogram.

The HTC Touch Diamond's 900mAh lithium ion battery has a rated talk time of 5.5 hours and up to 11.8 days of standby time. The Touch Diamond beat the rated talk time by half an hour in our battery drain tests, but we noticed in general use that the cell drains pretty quickly. By the end of the day, the battery level is usually at one and we have to recharge.
    hey dmac250 I guess i was kinda harsh in my post im sorry bout that..

900mah battery for the diamond is the gsm version.. cdma ( sprint ) is the same at the tp 1,340 mah..

on my diamond i had the mugen 3000 mah and that battery was a tank.. i could go forever with brightness all the way up..checking email every 10 minutes.. surfing 2 hours a day.. 100 text.. some youtube and calls.and still would have over 50% left at 8 pm..
    anyway.. ive had 2 bad exp with noname batts on ebay..thats why i dont trust them..

I think im just gonna go with the seidio 2600 mah batt for my pre..cause i really dont use my pre as often as i did with my diamond...which is good cause the wife was getting ****ed with all the time i put into making themes and doing custom roms etc..

with the pre.. find the theme i like install a few patches and apps. and im good..lol
    I just got this massive tank of a battery. Pre is definitely bigger now but I am excited for the unlimited battery life. TIME TO USE THE PRE AS MY ALL IN ONE PDA!!!
    CDMA phones with ~1150mAh batteries are rated on average of 4 hours talk time. At least every one I have ever owned that has had that size battery got 4 hours of talk time. They were all rated anywhere from 3.5 to 4.5 hours of talk time. Obviously signal quality is going to have a huge factor in if it is better or worse though not so much on the better side as lab tests tend to use ideal conditions. But now that smartphones are capable of so much stuff other usage is quickly catching up to the same power consumption as talk time.
    Just got this battery as well plus the extended case cover....I am happy. Sure its a little bigger, but now it sits nicely on the side! Been using it for 2 hours and still @ 100 percent! Keyboard is alot nicer to handle and type and the whole unit feels tighter
    Sweet
    Regards
    Ft