Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 701
  1. #601  
    hello seidioseidio...um I PMd and my box says that I haven't sent anything.I hit send private message,wrote the message and hit submit message.is that the correct way of sending it?just want to know if I did it correctly..thank you
  2. #602  
    Quote Originally Posted by lincoln33
    Where can i get the 2600 battery with the good cover??
    Hi lincoln33,

    SeidioOnline is the only guaranteed way of getting a good battery cover with the purchase; although, if you have some sellers in mind you would like to purchase from, they can provide us with that information and we can verify for them.

    Regards,

    Seidio
  3. #603  
    Quote Originally Posted by wealthyrich View Post
    Seidioseidio if read this post!

    Please! make a Seidio 2600 that works with the touchstone ! I would buy it and use it all the time! Plus!! It would sell like hot cakes! It would sell fast! Everyone! Would buy one if the Seidio 2600 can connect to the touchstone!

    I had a hard time deciding between the Touchstone and the Seidio 2600. I purchased the Seidio 2600 and love it. I spent over 6 hours talking on the phone yesterday and used sms, email and many other apps. It was amazing to still have battery at the end of the day. The little extra thickness it worth it.
  4. #604  
    Battery is not performing so well consistently.

    Today, it was draining at an average of 8% per hour with only a few hours of music playing and zero phone or web use in 8 hours.

    My stock battery would have had similar drainage. Is this normal for the 2600 to drain this much with so little usage?
  5. bjharada's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #605  
    To Seidio,
    When can we expect the new back to start shipping? The last I heard, you were ready to ship a few weeks ago, but when I talked to your customer service last week, they said they still hadn't received the backs for shipping to us customers.
  6. #606  
    Seidio is going to make out like a bandit off of me....I bought a 2600 back a couple of months ago, and have been very happy with the performance. But I developed cracks around the USB port, and was lucky enough to be able to exchange it for a new Pre....But now I'm nervous about excessive use of the USB port....As a result, I've decided to go to the Touchstone, and picked one up yesterday. I'll keep the 2600 and re-install it when I travel and may need to have a long day of sitting in airports without the Touchstone!

    But for regular use not travelling, the factory battery isn't going to be enough for me (I work inside a building with two or three bar EVDO reception). So I will be ordering the regular-size 1350 extended battery that works with the Touchstone!
    Mike B in OKlahoma

    Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre


  7. mscemt's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #607  
    You have no idea, first I bought the 2600 and a screen cover. Then I had to get a holster for it so I didn't damage it in my pocket. And now I've decided to get the inocase to try and protect my pre at work. I've spent almost as much with seidio as I did on the phone, but so far its been worth it and really made my pre way more functional
  8. lincoln33's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #608  
    Just ordered the battery and case from seidio. Supposably shipped friday. I hope it gets here soon. Getting impatient. I drained the stock battery in 3.5 hours of constant youtube,games and texting. Gotta have the bigger one
  9. #609  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Battery is not performing so well consistently.

    Today, it was draining at an average of 8% per hour with only a few hours of music playing and zero phone or web use in 8 hours.

    My stock battery would have had similar drainage. Is this normal for the 2600 to drain this much with so little usage?
    If it was draining 8% per hour while playing music and using the web then that sound about right. Here is some info from my testing so far. On average about 8-10% drain per hour of pandora, web browsing, or any other near constant data use over sprint network. It is slightly less over wifi about 7% per hour. Phone calls is hard to pin point because signal strength plays a big part in that. But It should be 10% per hour maybe a little more. I have ran my 2600 through 8 full charge cycles (100% to auto power off).

    Cycle 1: Calibration cycle auto powered off reading 15% left. Lasted just shy of 75% longer than stock battery.
    Cycle 2: 7 hours of web browsing 30 min of calls, 30 min of sprint nav, and 11 hours of idle. Lasted 185% longer than stock battery.
    Cycle 3: 48 hours idle and 2 hours of misc use. Lasted 190& longer than stock battery.
    Cycle 4: Did a lot of reboots playing with tweaking and patching for about 3 hours, 4 hours of pandora 1.25 hours of calls. Lasted about 150% longer than stock battery if not more I didn't track some of my use close enough. Dev mode may have been a factor see cycle 5 note.
    Cycle 5: Mostly idle, 2 hours web, 45 min pandora, 45 min of calls. Dev mode left on the whole cycle. Lasted 100% longer than stock battery.
    Cycle 6: Bad signal area (1 bar roaming or 1 bar sprint at best searching for signal on average every 10 minutes for a brief time) for whole cycle similar use to cycle 5. Lasted 70% longer than stock battery.
    Cycle 7: Same scenario and usage as cycle 6. Lasted 67% longer than stock battery.
    Cycle 8: Idle and usage time consistent with prior cycle patterns. Only lasted 111% longer than stock battery. I'm not sure what anomaly kept it from lasting as long as cycle 2 and 3 since places were consistent with them.

    I'm charging up for cycle 9. I'm not sure if there is any point to continuing 100% to auto power off. As per the instructions performance will increase after 5-6 full charges (also charged it at least the hours per instructions for initial charge) and since I was out of town in a bad signal area for two cycles I gave it an extra two just to see what the numbers would be like. But so far since going out of town the last cycle isn't what I had expected so which is why I'm not sure if I should go more 100% to auto off for any more cycles. Maybe now I just need to charge it when it gets low enough that it won't make it through the next day. My typical use means I get two days and have enough left to go a part of another day. So up until now I have on that 3rd day fully charged it after it auto powered off and then began using it for the next cycle.
  10. #610  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjharada
    To Seidio,
    When can we expect the new back to start shipping? The last I heard, you were ready to ship a few weeks ago, but when I talked to your customer service last week, they said they still hadn't received the backs for shipping to us customers.
    Hello,

    Thank you for your patience! We have begun shipping of the revised battery door. Please PM us your order information and we will be more than happy to send one out to you!
  11. #611  
    I want an extended seidio battery, but when are new colors coming out for Innocase Surface?
  12. #612  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    If it was draining 8% per hour while playing music and using the web then that sound about right. Here is some info from my testing so far. On average about 8-10% drain per hour of pandora, web browsing, or any other near constant data use over sprint network. It is slightly less over wifi about 7% per hour. Phone calls is hard to pin point because signal strength plays a big part in that. But It should be 10% per hour maybe a little more. I have ran my 2600 through 8 full charge cycles (100% to auto power off).

    Cycle 1: Calibration cycle auto powered off reading 15% left. Lasted just shy of 75% longer than stock battery.
    Cycle 2: 7 hours of web browsing 30 min of calls, 30 min of sprint nav, and 11 hours of idle. Lasted 185% longer than stock battery.
    Cycle 3: 48 hours idle and 2 hours of misc use. Lasted 190& longer than stock battery.
    Cycle 4: Did a lot of reboots playing with tweaking and patching for about 3 hours, 4 hours of pandora 1.25 hours of calls. Lasted about 150% longer than stock battery if not more I didn't track some of my use close enough. Dev mode may have been a factor see cycle 5 note.
    Cycle 5: Mostly idle, 2 hours web, 45 min pandora, 45 min of calls. Dev mode left on the whole cycle. Lasted 100% longer than stock battery.
    Cycle 6: Bad signal area (1 bar roaming or 1 bar sprint at best searching for signal on average every 10 minutes for a brief time) for whole cycle similar use to cycle 5. Lasted 70% longer than stock battery.
    Cycle 7: Same scenario and usage as cycle 6. Lasted 67% longer than stock battery.
    Cycle 8: Idle and usage time consistent with prior cycle patterns. Only lasted 111% longer than stock battery. I'm not sure what anomaly kept it from lasting as long as cycle 2 and 3 since places were consistent with them.

    I'm charging up for cycle 9. I'm not sure if there is any point to continuing 100% to auto power off. As per the instructions performance will increase after 5-6 full charges (also charged it at least the hours per instructions for initial charge) and since I was out of town in a bad signal area for two cycles I gave it an extra two just to see what the numbers would be like. But so far since going out of town the last cycle isn't what I had expected so which is why I'm not sure if I should go more 100% to auto off for any more cycles. Maybe now I just need to charge it when it gets low enough that it won't make it through the next day. My typical use means I get two days and have enough left to go a part of another day. So up until now I have on that 3rd day fully charged it after it auto powered off and then began using it for the next cycle.
    Good stuff thanks for that!

    I had Dev mode on all the time, didnt think it drained battery extra.

    Also didnt think to let battery drain all the way to 0 first 8 times.

    Usually charged it when it got down to 10%
  13. #613  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Good stuff thanks for that!

    I had Dev mode on all the time, didnt think it drained battery extra.

    Also didnt think to let battery drain all the way to 0 first 8 times.

    Usually charged it when it got down to 10%
    I'm very curious about Dev mode. I'm not sure why that would play any significant role in battery drain.
  14. #614  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Good stuff thanks for that!

    I had Dev mode on all the time, didnt think it drained battery extra.

    Also didnt think to let battery drain all the way to 0 first 8 times.

    Usually charged it when it got down to 10%
    Letting the battery drain all the way down is a debatable thing. Some say it doesn't really do anything except calibrate the devices thing that reports how much is left. And that it only takes one drain all the way to do that. After that is where people are divided. On the stock battery in my pre I didn't see maximum efficiency until after at least 3 full cycles and then again at least 3 more ofter one of the updates for some reason. After that just one full cycle on the 1st of the month kept it at maximum efficiency. By maximum efficiency I mean the lowest possible drain rate. Near the end of the month I would see the drain rate begin to increase about 1-3% per hour over what it normally drained.

    So naturally I figured the same would be needed with the extended battery but I also figured since they said in the packaging to do so I figured what the heck why not. And as long as I don't make it a long term habit that it won't reduce the life expectancy of it. So far today (10th charge) it is draining as expected. 5 hours off the charger adds up to about 8% drain and I used it for misc things for a little shy of 1 hour of that and it is at 84%. Based on measurements of drain during use and allowing for slight variation since drain rate is not a constant (in other words it can appear to drain faster at times but still retain the same average drain rate each charge cycle) I expect to see about the same performance (obviously excluding the atypical cycles) that I have previously recorded.
  15. Iancarr27's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #615  
    if you hate messing with the way your pre looks making obeis with these extended batterys but still need to charge your phone like all of us during the day but cant get to a outlet then get the motorola P790 portable charger its very small and can be charged the same time as you charge your pre at night then it will hold two full charges for your pre I just got one from ebay for 8.99 with free shipping its very very usefull and I never have to worry about charging it during the day you should check it out
  16. #616  
    So, what's the deal with the Touchstone capability? Is it a unicorn or can we actually expect it in the near future?
  17. #617  
    i bought one from amazon a week ago how do i tell if its the updated back?

    using my acer aspire tethered to my palm pre
  18. DKatman's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #618  
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmedina26 View Post
    i bought one from amazon a week ago how do i tell if its the updated back?
    Look at the back where the camera hole is. Is it one large hole (old)? Or are there two smaller holes there (new)?

    Dave
  19. DKatman's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #619  
    Quote Originally Posted by mightyleemoon View Post
    So, what's the deal with the Touchstone capability? Is it a unicorn or can we actually expect it in the near future?
    It isn't fair to call it a unicorn. Seidio has already stated they are no longer working on a touchstone back for this.

    Dave
  20. #620  
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmedina26 View Post
    i bought one from amazon a week ago how do i tell if its the updated back?
    The new back has two separate openings - one for the camera and another small hole for the flash. The old back has one cutout for both.

Posting Permissions