Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    Dave,

Have you timed your battery from full charge to depleted yet? I'll do that when I start using my 2800 when it's fully charged.
    Quote Originally Posted by DKatman View Post
    Yes. I have been extremely happy with the Seidio 2600. I was seriously considering your battery. Actually, come to think of it, I really did decide on the Seidio because I knew they were also working on a touchstone back (that is now not going to happen). I don't regret my decision though. I like the soft touchstone like feel to the back cover. I appreciate their responsiveness to customers. I have been very happy with the battery life extension I have been given. I also know I have a LONG time left if I have my battery at 50%. That is a normal days usage without playing with all of the features.

It also allows me to play a lot of Word Ace at night without being tied to a charger. I do think that app takes a bit of battery life. It isn't nearly as noticeable with the extended battery.

Dave
    .....and the other reason you bought it is because you enjoyed my review so much...right? LOL
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Manny,

I want to say that was it, but I ordered about 11 hours before you finally published your review. But I do believe you wrote about the case which prompted me further to order directly from Seidio's own website. I didn't see anyone else offering the case that fit the extended battery.

Shiggitay,

I have never done a test like open up pandora and let it run until it died, marking time.

I have thrown the kitchen sink at it trying to play nonstop videos trying to wear the battery down before charging it so I could get it as low as possible. I have put it through paces, but not anything that would preclude me from checking emails, texting, calling, and living my normal life just to see how long the battery keeps working. I have forgotten to charge it once overnight, and then still did fine the next day.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by DKatman View Post

Shiggitay,

I have never done a test like open up pandora and let it run until it died, marking time.

I have thrown the kitchen sink at it trying to play nonstop videos trying to wear the battery down before charging it so I could get it as low as possible. I have put it through paces, but not anything that would preclude me from checking emails, texting, calling, and living my normal life just to see how long the battery keeps working. I have forgotten to charge it once overnight, and then still did fine the next day.

Dave
    Alright. Cool. My battery is now at 100% (as of about a half hour ago) and I'm thinking of testing it with some MyTether action... dunno yet though.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Personally, I recommend not using it. Put it back on the charger. I would (and did) wait and let it charge overnight.

It just felt a lot like people taking about conditioning this battery for the first few charges. I can be very literal about this kind of thing. If it is uncomfortable in the beginning, it doesn't last long. I would even take that battery out and use my OEm until tonight. Let it charge fully while you sleep.

Is the current 100% at a 1150mah rating? Or 100% of the 2800mah rating?

It won't really know until you have it completely charged, wear it down to next to nothing (or better yet, nothing) and then charge it all the way up again.

The Seidio comes with instructions that say to give it a full 8 hour charge, or something like that.

I think it jsut makes sense to follow that the firt time.

Dave
    2800 of course. and how would I use my OEM and charge my 2800? I have no other way of charging without the phone...
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    im having a problem with my battery, im still awaiting a reply from customer support [its been more than the reported "2 days"] the os [/var/log/messages] when charging is reporting my batter capacity at 661.599976 mAh, after it died on me once, i get less batt life than with the stock battery.

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    That's Correct! The Innocase Surface Extended for the Pre is now available for pre order, shipping date is expected to be around the week of 28th (Updated from 21st), although it may come sooner.

Also available is the Innocase Surface Extended Leather Case Combo for those of you that are looking for a carrying solution.

Hello Dave,

I hope this isn't too late, but if you could PM me your order information for the original batty I could look it up for you. Please let me know.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggitay View Post
    2800 of course. and how would I use my OEM and charge my 2800? I have no other way of charging without the phone...
    You misunderstood the real question from me. I am suggested the battery meter is not adjusted to the size of the 2800mah and will tell you 100% when it hits the 1150mah mark (I am no expert, but this is my belief from my experience).

The other suggestion was to just use your OEM battery and swap them tonight when you go to bed so it gets a full charge.

Dave
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bscabl View Post
    im having a problem with my battery, im still awaiting a reply from customer support [its been more than the reported "2 days"] the os [/var/log/messages] when charging is reporting my batter capacity at 661.599976 mAh, after it died on me once, i get less batt life than with the stock battery.
    I would recommend sending a PM to SeidioSeido who can be found posting earlier in this thread.

I had a very minor need from the company, and SeidioSeidio took it upon himself to look into it personally and get the ball really rolling with this.

From what I have seen in the past, I would assume they will send you out another battery.

Dave
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    thanks for the tip!
    Hey Dave,

I was just messing around. I wanted to publish it earlier, but I did want to use the battery for a full week, and then work got in the way.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    is there a protective case that can fit the pre with the added thickness? or will any pre protective cover work?
    Quote Originally Posted by vladydady View Post
    is there a protective case that can fit the pre with the added thickness? or will any pre protective cover work?
    +1. I have the Amzer 2800, as I've mentioned in earlier posts to this thread, and I have the same concern...
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggitay View Post
    +1. I have the Amzer 2800, as I've mentioned in earlier posts to this thread, and I have the same concern...
    i wonder if the Amzer battery back cover have that flash over problem.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    good ,good service
    Quote Originally Posted by yglaotu View Post
    i wonder if the Amzer battery back cover have that flash over problem.
    So far I've found that to not be the case....
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    That's Correct! The Innocase Surface Extended for the Pre is now available for pre order, shipping date is expected to be around the week of 28th (Updated from 21st), although it may come sooner.
    Does this mean that those of us that already have the Innocase and want to buy the extended battery are now screwed because we have to buy an entirely new Innocase or is there going to be a dual package special or a possible exchange deal!?
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Hello Dave,

I hope this isn't too late, but if you could PM me your order information for the original batty I could look it up for you. Please let me know.
    I just wanted to give a mention of thanks to you for personally looking into this for me and making sure this was taken care of. I actually received this on the Friday before you were looking to promise Monday. I feel like I might have waited a lot longer had you not been there to help, and I appreciate your efforts with my matter, and your efforts to really help us all out, including just making products for us.

Dave
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    got my replacement battery with no hassle along with the new backcase and no flash problems! my only question is on using the homebrew program battery monitor, my capacity says 657.650024, volatage 3801. where are people seeing 2600 vs 2800 vs 1500 etc???
  20. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I ordered the same one from another hong kong seller....but this was for the case, scratch guard and a car charger....$8.45 with free shipping...bought it on the 11th but it still not here....I'm actually most interested in the scratch protector and the car charger....I won't put the case on until I get my Mugen 1400mAh battery.